don't freak out about the extension

Darth_Vol

It doesn't change anything. We knew she would get one more year to "prove" herself. I'm sure the contract will be structured with a reasonable buyout in the likely event Holly fizzles out again next season it won't be difficult to get rid of her.

It's more a formality in that her contract can't be used against her in recruiting, although I'm not sure it will make a difference. Recruits are smart and they do their research. They know Holly is a lame duck. I would be surprised to see her land any elite prospects in this class, look for more of the fringe top 100....

So why bother?

It doesn't change anything. We knew she would get one more year to "prove" herself. I'm sure the contract will be structured with a reasonable buyout in the likely event Holly fizzles out again next season it won't be difficult to get rid of her.

It's more a formality in that her contract can't be used against her in recruiting, although I'm not sure it will make a difference. Recruits are smart and they do their research. They know Holly is a lame duck. I would be surprised to see her land any elite prospects in this class, look for more of the fringe top 100....

Reactions: 3 people

Lame DUCK? That's a compliment.Give me the lame duck , good eating.

Nothing official yet, but it's coming. Just don't panic when we see "three years" or however long it ends up. It doesn't mean we're stuck with her that long....

If that's the case, I guess the big remaining question is whether the extension comes with any public statement of expectation for improvement. Or is it a total blank check endorsement of the last six years, which could also be interpreted as lack of caring what happens to the LVs.

My guess is some mushy middle between the two.

Reactions: 4 people
Nothing official yet, but it's coming. Just don't panic when we see "three years" or however long it ends up. It doesn't mean we're stuck with her that long....

yes it does -- thank heaven the mens team is fun to watch again

Reactions: 3 people
This just means I won't be attending any lady vols games this year...

It is obvious that we aren't serious about winning, so why bother going to the games??? Until the "powers that be" get rid of Holly, I won't be wasting my money for my family and me to go support mediocrity.

Reactions: 12 people

It is obvious that we aren't serious about winning, so why bother going to the games??? Until the "powers that be" get rid of Holly, I won't be wasting my money for my family and me to go support mediocrity.

Adios amigo.

Reactions: 13 people
Fulmer really doesn't want another high profile coaching search right now. But another sub-par season will force his hand....

Women’s basketball coach is not high profile.

She’s getting another year because it’s a non revenue sport and she hasn’t been awful enough to fire.

Reactions: 7 people
Is there any other streaks that needs to be broken under Holly ? Maybe Fulmer wants to get them all out of the way before he fires her. There is no other excuse to keep her other than to have to pay for a good coach.

Reactions: 2 people

Welcome to Fantasy Island. Face it, they don't want to fire her. It damn well means we are stuck with her.

:glare: :pinch: :closedeyes: :scare: :boredom:

Thank you. It is always good to have seats for those who want to come.

Reactions: 10 people
Thank you. It is always good to have seats for those who want to come.

and you will probably have your pick of the seats. Its not like they have been standing in line to watch them play. I guess with you and a couple more Holly fans on here will be fighting to get those front row seats behind the bench.

Just remember,be proud and loud

Reactions: 6 people
If that's the case, I guess the big remaining question is whether the extension comes with any public statement of expectation for improvement. Or is it a total blank check endorsement of the last six years, which could also be interpreted as lack of caring what happens to the LVs.

My guess is some mushy middle between the two.

Good question. The silence from Fulmer has been deafening since the Lady Vol season went off the rails. No matter how he tries to spin it, when you offer an extension to a coach coming off back-to-back first weekend exits the optics don't look good....

Good question. The silence from Fulmer has been deafening since the Lady Vol season went off the rails. No matter how he tries to spin it, when you offer an extension to a coach coming off back-to-back first weekend exits the optics don't look good....

Fulmer is worried about football. Period. He doesn't give a damn about spinning it, and how naysayers view "the optics". All he needs to know is former players like Marciniak are behind her.

If there is anything optical Fulmer is worried about, it is bringing in an outside influence who becomes the Donnie Tyndall of women's basketball. Again, I wish they were making a change, but I have no delusions about Fulmer's intentions or focus. So, get over yourself Darth. The force is not with you on this.

The Lady vols have never lost 5 games to start a season, Holly. You can still break another record!

Reactions: 1 person
Bring in Carolyn Peck as HC for 3 years & see what happens.

She won a NC @ Purdue of all places & she knows how to coach up these All-Americans that's on our Lady Vols team.

She was an assistant coach @ one time for us I believe under Pat.

No question extending without comment implys full embrace of status quo.

At that point I would have to take the program for what it has become and where its likely to go the next 3 yrs and make my support decisions from there. Sad and unnecessary IMO but no use wishing, hoping, and crying for more if the powers are truly uninterested.

Extension plus silence = total victory for the Love It or Leave It crowd. And great seats for them, plenty of room to keep Holly's Water safe!

Last edited:
No question extending without comment implys full embrace of status quo.

At that point I would have to take the program for what it has become and where its likely to go the next 3 yrs and make my support decisions from there. Sad and unnecessary IMO but no use wishing, hoping, and crying for more if the powers are truly uninterested.

Extension plus silence = total victory for the Love It or Leave It crowd. And great seats for them, plenty of room to keep Holly's Water safe!

I think he will almost certainly make some kind of statement, most likely highlighting the young team Holly had this season and the "bright" future ahead. Doesn't mean she can't be let go a year from now with another dismal postseason performance. My guess is Fulmer sees this upcoming season as her make or break year....

I think he will almost certainly make some kind of statement, most likely highlighting the young team Holly had this season and the "bright" future ahead. Doesn't mean she can't be let go a year from now with another dismal postseason performance. My guess is Fulmer sees this upcoming season as her make or break year....

Agree. this is likely exactly what will happen. I guess an argument could be made that out of loyalty to a lifelong LV. the apparent support of the recruits. and the youth of the team one more sympathy year could be justified.

But if the result is the same next season, we are definitely in the definition of insanity territory and my fervent prayer would be that Holly would just retire.

VN Store

Back