1660 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on I think it's time to rethink college basketball officiating Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #16
lvocd

I think it's time to rethink college basketball officiating I think it's time to rethink college basketball officiating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinger View Post
My thought would be that the existing refs might do a better job if the had less responsibilities and less area to cover. They would not get caught out of position as much as seems to happen now. Obviously, I have no way of knowing this would work. Just a thought
That's what I was thinking. If four of the refs never cross center court (2 stay stationary on each side) then they wouldn't have so much ground to cover. It makes perfect sense. Only the lead Referee crosses the center line to make the total number of officials 3 on one side of the court at all times without there ever being moments when there is NO REFEREE where the action is, regardless of how quickly the game changes directions or how spread out the action is.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #17
Coach Jumper
Vol For Life

I think it's time to rethink college basketball officiating I think it's time to rethink college basketball officiating
Replay duration's get my goat.

2-1/2 minutes it takes to put .7 seconds on the clock.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP