Same top coaches in top 16

btate

Why is it, if it’s really all about the players and not the coaches so says former players, why is it the same coaches year and year out are always in the top 16 teams every year? How could Muffit McGraw take a team to the championship and lose Four of her best players? I remember there was coaches I played harder for because I wanted to win for them. Some of the former players are defending Holly so they will continue to have a relationship with UTK. It is a shame to let Oregon State beat you with great players we had this year. She hurts recruiting when she down plays the fans saying the players shouldn’t have to take it from the fans. That alone should cost her job. Low energy Fulmer will not have the guts to fire her. But, if he ever did, please have a pre selected coach in mind.

Reactions: 1 person
VolNation Board Guidelines

With the influx of new members that we've had recently, I think now is a good time to repost the board guidelines.

------

Welcome to VolNation! We are pleased that you have chosen to be part of our community. Our goal is to provide a free message board for Tennessee fans (and fans of other schools who are respectful) to engage in discussion with other fans. A few basic guidelines are necessary to maintain some sense of order and we depend on you, our members, to help us enforce these guidelines by using the "Report Post" button, located just under each user's avatar.

************1. Look both ways before posting. Please take a moment to scan the first page of the forum to see if a similar discussion exists before starting a new thread. Also, please don't start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.*****************

Reactions: 6 people
VolNation Board Guidelines

With the influx of new members that we've had recently, I think now is a good time to repost the board guidelines.

------

Welcome to VolNation! We are pleased that you have chosen to be part of our community. Our goal is to provide a free message board for Tennessee fans (and fans of other schools who are respectful) to engage in discussion with other fans. A few basic guidelines are necessary to maintain some sense of order and we depend on you, our members, to help us enforce these guidelines by using the "Report Post" button, located just under each user's avatar.

************1. Look both ways before posting. Please take a moment to scan the first page of the forum to see if a similar discussion exists before starting a new thread. Also, please don't start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.*****************

I was not aware that you are a Mod....

Reactions: 3 people
Me neither. I think he/she is solely interested in trying to control what others' post. If what is posted isn't something he/she thinks and therefore wouldn't post his/herself, then he/she is totally displeased and expresses his/her displeasure.

No 1908 is not a mod, IMO. Just another control freak

Unfortunately he/she cannot differentiate between objective basketball conversations and personal attacks. The end result the personal attacks actually then come from him/her

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
1908 is annoying but harmless. I skip over her jibberish, but don't mind her non-Holly posts She wants her "Holly is AWESOME!" echo chamber, but she's fast running out of allies. Come mid-next season, it will just be her, Franklin Pierce and 1Chatt in that club.

Reactions: 7 people
😂 y’all are hilarious! Not trying to control anything, just want the board to be aware of the guidelines. *Shrugs* especially with it being the very first one!!!

I like how one can assess me being a control freak from message board post! 😂😂😂🙄🙄

Last edited:
Why is it, if it’s really all about the players and not the coaches so says former players, why is it the same coaches year and year out are always in the top 16 teams every year? How could Muffit McGraw take a team to the championship and lose Four of her best players? I remember there was coaches I played harder for because I wanted to win for them. Some of the former players are defending Holly so they will continue to have a relationship with UTK. It is a shame to let Oregon State beat you with great players we had this year. She hurts recruiting when she down plays the fans saying the players shouldn’t have to take it from the fans. That alone should cost her job. Low energy Fulmer will not have the guts to fire her. But, if he ever did, please have a pre selected coach in mind.

Look for one of the other 25 FIRE HOLLY threads before starting a new one.

:eek:hmy:put the fire Holly threads away she is back for three more years. Looks like the AD has quietly extended her without a release. She is our coach get ready for some final fours I think she finally gets it. The first six years were a mirage and had nothing to do with her real ability to coach. She will get it done we will be great again. Make Tennessee great again is our new slogan!!!!!;)

It was wishful thinking that UT was going to fire Holly this year. No matter the record, Fulmer was always going to give her the chance to fix things like he thought he should have been given. That's his Achilles heel.

Last edited:
I have read that Fulmer is likely to extend Holly's contract this month (April). For 3 more years..... Please, if you can, contact Fulmer and express your feelings on this. Especially if you are a donor, or a big donor.

Ruined my day to read she was getting a contract extension, and then the 3 year stuff. AArrgghhhh

VN Store

Back