would Tennessee hire a man to coach?

Hummmmmm,,,hard to say.

But to once again win championships, I think the Vol fans would sell their's souls.
Now, if the attendance keeps falling and revenue does the same, what do you think the administration is gonna do???

Some might suppose there is a recruiting advantage with having a female head coach.

In their young lives, every player will have had some good and bad gender-related experiences. If it's an issue for a player, it's just as likely to have left them pro-male coach as pro-female coach.

The larger recruiting point is, if becoming the best is not more important to you than your coach's gender, then hopefully you and Tennessee will amicably agree to pass on each other.

I would guess that Fulmer will hire the best available coach, but will be pleased if that coach is a woman. A big point of pride for many who follow Lady Vol basketball has always been that it showcased what strong WOMEN can do while in school and beyond, led by a strong female head coach who serves as the ultimate role model.

If Fulmer could hire a woman that would be perfect. But like someone else said, I feel like that unspoken requirement could, and probably should, be thrown out the window if a top-notch male coach were to be the best available.

Personally, I've always been a believer in women coaching women, but I'm not so hard-headed about it that I wouldn't be over-the-moon with having someone like Vic Schaefer leading the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 1 person
I like the best coach for the job.

But until a woman is permitted to be a head coach for a men's team, it doesn't quite seem fair for the men to coach women.

Funny to think back how when the women were having to sweep the gym and do the team's laundry for an insulting salary, men were no where to be found. I guess the women's game builders should take pride in having made it more popular and lucrative.

I would throw money at the following candidates and see which one bites:
Walz
Schaefer
Rueck
McGraw

Yes, top 3 are men but who gives a crap as long as the program is restored to its elite status...

Reactions: 2 people
Adams should just write an article titled, “Please fire Holly Warlick” Seems like every couple of weeks he comes out with a new article implying that same thing.

I get wanting to keep a woman as head coach, but at the end of the day...pick whoever is best for the job, regardless if it's a man or woman.

I think the women who used to run UT women's athletics would push to hire a woman, but I think budget will matter more than gender to Fulmer. It's hard to see him willing to take on another coaching search this year, though. While he hasn't criticized Holly or the LVs staff since the NCAAT exit, he hasn't publicly supported them, either. Both Fulmer and Davenport have had a lot of praise for Rick Barnes and MBB, but they've said nothing about WBB since 57-1.

I would throw money at the following candidates and see which one bites:
Walz
Schaefer
Rueck
McGraw

Yes, top 3 are men but who gives a crap as long as the program is restored to its elite status...

I would go for a younger coach.. Candace parker or K.Lawson.

I would guess that Fulmer will hire the best available coach, but will be pleased if that coach is a woman. A big point of pride for many who follow Lady Vol basketball has always been that it showcased what strong WOMEN can do while in school and beyond, led by a strong female head coach who serves as the ultimate role model.

If Fulmer could hire a woman that would be perfect. But like someone else said, I feel like that unspoken requirement could, and probably should, be thrown out the window if a top-notch male coach were to be the best available.

Personally, I've always been a believer in women coaching women, but I'm not so hard-headed about it that I wouldn't be over-the-moon with having someone like Vic Schaefer leading the Lady Vols.

Open up the check book and hire LSU men coach “Will Wade” as Lady Vols if he would take it.

Adams should just write an article titled, “Please fire Holly Warlick” Seems like every couple of weeks he comes out with a new article implying that same thing.

Similar to posters who create new threads saying the same thing. I admire their creativity....or lack there of.

According to a recent VN poll....he is smart to do so...or do you not understand marketing.....

Is he wrong? Regardless of what you think of Adams, at least he has the guts to discuss it unlike the rest of the sycophantic Knoxville media....

Reactions: 3 people
Bruce Pearl!

The article should have focused on to fire or not fire?

If they don't do it this week, it ain't gonna happen this year.

Holly probably has enough top recruits to place at least 4th in SEC next year. If she doesn't go final four, well then buh-bye!

Is he wrong? Regardless of what you think of Adams, at least he has the guts to discuss it unlike the rest of the sycophantic Knoxville media....

I totally agree. It’s way past time for the Knoxville media to stop being Holly cheerleaders.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't see any media people being kind to Holly or the LVs. Most are critical to the point of disdain. The SECN put out a video about the last decade of WBB that basically called UT a has-been and said the conference is now ruled by upstart programs like SCAR and MSU. UT alum Ryan McGee did the piece and made the LVs look completely washed-up.

Reactions: 4 people

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think a male coach could be useful to provide this program with a fresh start. Every female hired would still fall under the shadow of CPS and the almost certain comparisons that will be made. I think this is one thing that really weighs on CHW and players. A male coach may not feel that same pressure, and those comparisons may not be made as much. I can't really explain how I'm thinking, but a male coach could be good for this program.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back