Muffet McGraw

lvocd

Was there ever a more deserving National Coach of the Year? Just.... WOW.

After all the adversity due to injuries that left them with so few healthy players, to go into the postseason as a #1 seed was miraculous enough. But THIS? To reach the championship game by getting past the most dominant program of the modern era?
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::

Notre Dame players are extremely well coached and they trust in McGraw's system. That's how they can beat another extremely well coached team four consecutive times in overtime. I would give anything to have her coach the Lady Vols, but I can't imagine there's a job, or enough money, in the world that would take her away from the university that she seems to have been born to coach for. Like Pat Summitt was born to coach Tennessee and would NEVER have been lured away, so I imagine is Muffet McGraw, and I respect the heck out of that.

All that said, even though I'm not a fan of Auriemma, I sure hope the Connecticut women won't hang their heads too low over this. Should they be disappointed? Of course! But dang... this time next year they'll still be the most feared team in the tournament.

Reactions: 12 people
I love that it’s her and Vic in the title game. Both have done remarkable jobs. I’m just sad that only one of them can take home the trophy....both deserve it.

Reactions: 9 people
I love that it’s her and Vic in the title game. Both have done remarkable jobs. I’m just sad that only one of them can take home the trophy....both deserve it.

Agreed.

I have to admit that this will be the first Final I've watched in years, and I'll be watching because there is no possible way the result will disappoint me because I like and admire BOTH teams and their excellent coaching staffs.

Reactions: 5 people

If State wins, it’ll be their first national title in school history in any sport.

Reactions: 8 people
I think UCon will not be as good next season. Heck, they may even lose an AAC game.

I haven't paid attention to recruiting this year, but I'd be surprised if Connecticut didnt land at least one of the top 3 in the class if not THE top (as they so often do) and then several others in at least the top 25.

As fun as it is to see a heated rival lose, I know that any serious fan would love nothing more than for Tennessee to have had the performance record Connecticut has put up in the last decade.

I hope and pray that one day our Lady Vols are once again held in high esteem by those outside the biased, loyal fanship.

Reactions: 2 people
I enjoyed the fact that in the post game interviews, one of the Notre Dame players actual said she didn't have "it" on the night and passed up an opportunity to score and gave the ball to someone else. That's good coaching, folks. Also an unselfish teammate.

If you want to know why Notre Dame won the game and overcame so much this season, read the comments by their players. Not only a group of "team first" players, but a group with great basketball IQ.

That has been missing from our program for quite awhile.....

Reactions: 6 people
I enjoyed the fact that in the post game interviews, one of the Notre Dame players actual said she didn't have "it" on the night and passed up an opportunity to score and gave the ball to someone else. That's good coaching, folks. Also an unselfish teammate.

If you want to know why Notre Dame won the game and overcame so much this season, read the comments by their players. Not only a group of "team first" players, but a group with great basketball IQ.

I agree with your thoughts, and will add to them by saying that the Notre Dame women were not just merely "team first" in their approach, but were so obviously supremely confident in the brilliant game plan that when it came to the point that the rubber met the road they were more than prepared and confident that if they would just do what Muffet had preached all year for them to do that thay woul win. You could see it on their faces!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:peace2::salute::birgits_giggle::rock::dance2::eek:k::clapping:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I haven't paid attention to recruiting this year, but I'd be surprised if Connecticut didnt land at least one of the top 3 in the class if not THE top (as they so often do) and then several others in at least the top 25.

As fun as it is to see a heated rival lose, I know that any serious fan would love nothing more than for Tennessee to have had the performance record Connecticut has put up in the last decade.

I hope and pray that one day our Lady Vols are once again held in high esteem by those outside the biased, loyal fanship.

I’m afraid that would mean biting a bullet that most of our fan base and administration is just not willing to bite.
At least, not yet.

Was there ever a more deserving National Coach of the Year? Just.... WOW.

After all the adversity due to injuries that left them with so few healthy players, to go into the postseason as a #1 seed was miraculous enough. But THIS? To reach the championship game by getting past the most dominant program of the modern era?
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:
:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::

Notre Dame players are extremely well coached and they trust in McGraw's system. That's how they can beat another extremely well coached team four consecutive times in overtime. I would give anything to have her coach the Lady Vols, but I can't imagine there's a job, or enough money, in the world that would take her away from the university that she seems to have been born to coach for. Like Pat Summitt was born to coach Tennessee and would NEVER have been lured away, so I imagine is Muffet McGraw, and I respect the heck out of that.

All that said, even though I'm not a fan of Auriemma, I sure hope the Connecticut women won't hang their heads too low over this. Should they be disappointed? Of course! But dang... this time next year they'll still be the most feared team in the tournament.

Dominant based on their competition game in and game out. They play a pretty weak schedule normally so UCONN is getting beat when they play other great teams. Pull Geronimo's record against the other elite women's programs and you will find he is about .500 against them.

I'VE SAID IT A 1000 TIMES, GENO IS NOT WHERE HE IS WITHOUT PAT SUMMIT!

OVERRATED AND GOT WHAT THEY DESERVE!

:gun:

Reactions: 3 people

And Muffet McGraw!

Dominant based on their competition game in and game out. They play a pretty weak schedule normally so UCONN is getting beat when they play other great teams. Pull Geronimo's record against the other elite women's programs and you will find he is about .500 against them.

I'VE SAID IT A 1000 TIMES, GENO IS NOT WHERE HE IS WITHOUT PAT SUMMIT!

OVERRATED AND GOT WHAT THEY DESERVE!

:gun:

UConn has 11 NCs, and it's not AAC cupcakes they're beating.

Let's not ruin this beautiful moment by being delusional. Let's savor this for as long as we can.

congrats to Coach McGraw and her team...when I saw Louisville beat them by 30 earlier in the year I thought they were done...fine job done by the whole staff and team...:salute::salute:

GO LADY VOLS!

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:No question that UConn is a good team,
but they also play one of the weakest schedules in Women's Basketball. Their coach "Gino" is an absolute jerk with a foul mouth too. Glad he did not make the final game. Maybe next year, he can get knocked off in the Elite 8 game.

I think UCon will not be as good next season. Heck, they may even lose an AAC game.

but they also play one of the weakest schedules in Women's Basketball. Their coach "Gino" is an absolute jerk with a foul mouth too. Glad he did not make the final game. Maybe next year, he can get knocked off in the Elite 8 game.

To be fair, they do play a very tough OOC schedule. It’s just their conference that sucks. But they aren’t going to move out of the AAC over women’s basketball. It’s actually a pretty good conference in the men’s game.

Reactions: 1 person

Yes, every year UCon gets to coast through that putrid conference schedule.

Pull Geronimo's record against the other elite women's programs and you will find he is about .500 against them.

Lol...I highly doubt this is true.Connecticut has loss 3 games total in the last 5 years...And 14 games in the last 10 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back