3303 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 03-28-2018, 02:57 AM   #16
tnvols72

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
Exactly. I can understand wanting to support one of our own. But how far does it have to go? How many negative program firsts need to happen?How many years do they not bring home the SEC regular season or tournament championships? Do they have to not be selected for the NCAA tournament? Do we go 12 years blaming the players?

Dammit, I watched Holly play when I was at UT. I wish there was a sliver of hope I could feel for her. If only three words would stop coming outta her mouth; I don't know. She keeps saying that, as stated above, all by herself.

Pat built the program from nothing, and turned it into something special. She knew what she was doing. Maybe Holly will find some old notes Pat left behind that will tell her what she doesn't know. Because hearing the excuses from her motorcycle mechanic, hair dresser, and housekeeper is getting boring.
I dont get the people that defend her. At this point who can ? The only thing I can think of is they rather her be the coach and the team look and play like crap than have a coach that can actually coach and win championships. Then you hear wait until next year and each year is no different than any other year. pretty pathetic.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 04:46 AM   #17
JacketVol

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
Obviously Holly is a great recruiter. I have not commented much because I have got to the point I had to stop watching them. She is a horrible X and O coach. She has no clue how to win a game that coaching affects a lot unless you have way more talent and sometimes in game coaching can even make a difference then.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #18
mike099

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
A poster yesterday said it best. No middle ground. Extend her two years or let her go now. The other options are letting the contract run out next year or a one year extension now - middle ground
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 05:26 AM   #19
sisaq

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVol1908 View Post
Lady Vols basketball coach Holly Warlick defended by signee Amira Collins

As long as they have her back, that’s all that really matters.

Pls, players can have her back one day, and transfer the next day.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 06:34 AM   #20
NeedOrange

Amira seems like a sweet lady with some spunk. I wonder where she will be playing in her junior year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 07:23 AM   #21
T-TownVol

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by casetopia View Post
nope. holly said wins and losses don't matter.
The "Butch Jones" philosophy....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 07:27 AM   #22
T-TownVol

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Vol View Post
Breaking News: Players support coach who will determine their playing time next season.
Ding....Ding....Ding....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #23
T-TownVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
Exactly. I can understand wanting to support one of our own. But how far does it have to go? How many negative program firsts need to happen?How many years do they not bring home the SEC regular season or tournament championships? Do they have to not be selected for the NCAA tournament? Do we go 12 years blaming the players?

Dammit, I watched Holly play when I was at UT. I wish there was a sliver of hope I could feel for her. If only three words would stop coming outta her mouth; I don't know. She keeps saying that, as stated above, all by herself.

Pat built the program from nothing, and turned it into something special. She knew what she was doing. Maybe Holly will find some old notes Pat left behind that will tell her what she doesn't know. Because hearing the excuses from her motorcycle mechanic, hair dresser, and housekeeper is getting boring.

That right there would be very funny if it were not so true.....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 07:30 AM   #24
T-TownVol

I would have to say this thread is not going the way that 1908 had hoped it would.........
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #25
Volfan2012

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
In the end the point is Holly hasn't been to the final four in any of the six years she has been coach no matter who the players were so saying freshmen couldn't get it done is irrelevant since no team that she has coached has got it done.
I wish she could do the job make it to the final four put out teams that win SEC titles and other Championships. The fact is she can't and until she does should be on the hot seat.
She has another year on her contract and 8 McDonalds All Americans on the roster let her coach next season with an elite 8 NCAA and top three SEC or she is gone. Nothing wrong with those expectations for next year's team. Teams and coaches need to have goals or changes need to be made.
This would not be unfair to Holly or the fans. The major factor is we can't go on like this forever fans are leaving everyday crowds are shrinking. Scary that we are becoming a non factor in a sport Tennessee once dominated.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #26
k-town_king

That matters not one bit. Any player would say the same thing. she can't coach. Anyone we bring in would get as good or better players and the same support.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 09:00 AM   #27
Bigorangefaninga

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
First she was asked about it, so its either no comment or she says what she said and at her age they cant keep their mouth shut so she was going to have her coaches back regardless, if you think any different I have oceanfront property in Arkansas I will sell you on the cheap! Second, I have seen PLENTY of players through the past 20 years that were freshman play an entire season and play it VERY well! To make that excuse is BS! 6 years into a tenure excuse making should be gone, everything at that time is on the coaches!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #28
savannahfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVol1908 View Post
Yessssssssss thank you!!!! I really think people here hope that the program falls off the face of the earth. Wishing players transfer, wishing we lose to the team up north, a true fan of the program wouldn’t want us to lose to UCONN PERIOD; just saying mean spirited and hateful things about a coach that’s going to still be the coach next season, KNOWING potential recruits read those things.

It’s okay to critique her coaching, as we all have at one point, but we get it! If Holly continues to bring in recruits, then obviously they are seeing something that we can’t. The past 3 years have been atrocious, yet players still want to come and play for her. I’m tired of people screaming, “tradition” “Tenn recruits itself”...if I was a top high school recruit, I wouldn’t give a damn about Tenn and their 8 NCs, hell I didn’t win them, and the coach that did, isn’t even here anymore.

These girls come to play for Holly and her staff, we either need to support them or find another team to cheer for.
I have been a Lady Vol fan for as long as I have been able to see them on TV, follow them in the old timey newspapers, on the radio,, any way I can (from the late 70's). However, I must say it has been hard over the last few years. The biggest problem for me has been what I perceive as a culture change in the coaching approach and the mind set of the young ladies recruited.

After watching this years tourney, other teams have the old Lady Vol mind set. They way they approach the game as to the way we do is the difference in day and night.

Now, part of it is the way players think of the game and their idea of their spot on a team. This day and time a coach's biggest job outside of the "game" is to understand these kids and mold them to what it takes to be a good team. Holly has not been able to do this.

For now and the foreseeable future, I am not going to post about the Ladies. I will read what everyone has to say. Next year my seeing and being concerned will continue to wain.
As for cheering, for the most part it seems to be falling on deaf ears. As Holly says "I just don't know"
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #29
T-TownVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanIND View Post
Looking at this deeper - Collins is making the choice to come to Tennessee and play. She’s dedicated. She’s aware of what’s going on and she’s aware what people are saying ... yet she’s still coming because she believes. She sees something and feels something to be here with Holly.

So for fans who are not there, don’t believe, and are not in favor of the coaching situation. What are you going to do? Continue to complain or move on Seriously, at some point you have to decide am I here or am I done? If your idea is to continue to sit and blog about Holly, how are you impacting the situation? You’re not. Your just another measly complainer sitting behind a keyboard.

Voices are important and the facts are facts and I totally understand the frustration and see where it’s coming from. Is it warranted? yes... but how long. We all know talking is just hot air. According to the poll on here 85% of us will need to decide will we be supporting the 2018/2019 Lady Vols or not?
Oh LOOK, another "TRUE FAN"......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-28-2018, 10:15 AM   #30
orangeluvr

2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick 2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick
CHW's problem is she's nothing like the coaches coaching the teams in the final four. Her team plays soft and erratically, wilts under pressure. $0.02. There is no longer a fear of the orange jersey.
Reply With Quote TOP