1117 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on AP All American Teams. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 03-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
ocoandasoc

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
AP All American Teams

Wilson headlines AP women's All-America team - ABC News

So Mercedes Russel was the #1 rated HS player and then after five years at Tennessee she's not among the Top 38 college players?
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #2
rickyb712
big orange

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoandasoc View Post

So Mercedes Russel was the #1 rated HS player and then after five years at Tennessee she's not among the Top 38 college players?
thanks holly. lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 05:34 PM   #3
bballnut90

Quote:

I would've put her on HM. At the end of the day though, I don't think anyone really cares a whole lot about being named HM AA. Being named to one of the top 3 teams is what counts more IMO.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 05:41 PM   #4
Chitownvol1129

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Quote:

So you hate her right? Or, on your couch eating bon bons, you are just hating on her, right? She has a college degree, and a pro atheletic career, what do you have to be dumping on her? Grow up already.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 07:14 PM   #5
orangeluvr

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
We didn't have one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 07:16 PM   #6
Amb3096

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeluvr View Post
We didn't have one.
None of them deserved it, although I thought MR deserved HM instead of Jaime.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-26-2018, 11:38 PM   #7
Vol67

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownvol1129 View Post
So you hate her right? Or, on your couch eating bon bons, you are just hating on her, right? She has a college degree, and a pro atheletic career, what do you have to be dumping on her? Grow up already.
No one is dumping on her but on her Coaches which have failed her over the last 5 years
Old 03-27-2018, 07:05 AM   #8
RollerVol

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
no matter how you lean, I think it would be fair to say this team has under-achieved the last couple years...jus' sayin'...

PS. new bunch of AA's coming in...see what they can do...

GO LADY VOLS!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #9
BreatheUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollerVol View Post
no matter how you lean, I think it would be fair to say this team has under-achieved the last couple years...jus' sayin'...

PS. new bunch of AA's coming in...see what they can do...

GO LADY VOLS!
The last couple of years?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-27-2018, 09:20 AM   #10
Lurker

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitownvol1129 View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but I took the initial post in a very different way. I read it as an indictment of player development at Tennessee, not as an attack on the player. I truly think you are confusing a coaching criticism with a criticism of a player. Again, maybe I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #11
ocoandasoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Maybe I am wrong, but I took the initial post in a very different way. I read it as an indictment of player development at Tennessee, not as an attack on the player. I truly think you are confusing a coaching criticism with a criticism of a player. Again, maybe I'm wrong.
Thank you. That's exactly the point I was trying to make and one that other posters on this board have been noting. This is just some quantitative proof.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-27-2018, 02:00 PM   #12
Volfan2012

AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams AP All American Teams
Her stats say she should at least be in the honorable mention column. I can't think of 38 players that put up better numbers than she did for an entire career. She was very close to a double double in the end plus 60 percent from the field.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP