Sad To See Lesser Talent Than LV’s in Elite 8

teacherdean

It is so sad to see lesser talent, once again, in the Elite 8 fighting for a Final 4, and the Lady Vols at home. Something has got to change because this is a shame. It really hurts when you love the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 11 people
We get it teacherdean. Holly sucks, we deserve a better coach, the players need coaching, blah blah blah, boo hoo, fire Holly.

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesus Christ!

Reactions: 10 people
It is so sad to see lesser talent, once again, in the Elite 8 fighting for a Final 4, and the Lady Vols at home. Something has got to change because this is a shame. It really hurts when you love the Lady Vols.

You really needed to start yet ANOTHER thread to say what you have already said in all of the other Fire Holly threads?

Ridiculous.

Reactions: 7 people
We get it teacherdean. Holly sucks, we deserve a better coach, the players need coaching, blah blah blah, boo hoo, fire Holly.

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesus Christ!

Wellll, have they fired Holly yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
:hi:

Reactions: 4 people
Press conference announced for 11 a.m. tomorrow to announce no more Fire or Bash Holly threads allowed.

Press conference announced for 11 a.m. tomorrow to announce no more Fire or Bash Holly threads allowed.

Haha! I doubt that! She will be very lucky to still be employed this time next year. Every time someone starts an anti-Holly thread, the legions come out to aggressively defend her. Let's face it--she's a pretty bad coach.

Reactions: 10 people

Last season I was angry and just confused. This season I'm miserable & just numb.

Reactions: 3 people

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesu

This is not about Holly sucking, or firing her butt, it is about watching teams with lesser talent stilling playing. Pro Holly folks will blame it on the players, so maybe it is not Holly who sucks maybe it is about those sucking 5 stars we recruit. No matter who sucks it still feels sad 😢 to once again, be on the outside looking inside.

Reactions: 9 people
Holly needed more guards. I blame Te'a, Alexa & DD for the late season swoon. Our
baby freshmen needed help

Holly needed more guards. I blame Te'a, Alexa & DD for the late season swoon. Our
baby freshmen needed help

No way the three freshman should have been put in a position to play this many minutes as a freshman. Partly bad recruiting year in 2016 and those 3 above leaving the program.

Reactions: 2 people

Did we really need another thread like this 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Jesu

This is not about Holly sucking, or firing her butt, it is about watching teams with lesser talent stilling playing. Pro Holly folks will blame it on the players, so maybe it is not Holly who sucks maybe it is about those sucking 5 stars we recruit. No matter who sucks it still feels sad 😢 to once again, be on the outside looking inside.

How many 5 star players are recruited each year by all teams? I heard it was 54... If what I understand about 5 stars, everyone must have them. That doesn't even include the more developed 4 stars besides the over achievement, better than rated 3 stars.

I too would love to see the Lady Vols win another championship, but it is time to be real. Give other teams credit for being just as talented and more so.

Loyola is in the final four so it's not just the ladies basketball there's lesser talent

If you're going to keep complaining about another Holly thread then perhaps you shouldn't constantly post on said thread thus keeping it at the top of the forum. Scroll right on by.

Loyola is in the final four so it's not just the ladies basketball there's lesser talent

Lesser talent occasionally win, especially since the one and done era versus teams like the Missouri Valley in men’s basketball. One reason might be because of team chemistry developed at the lower level due in part with players playing together for several years.

The Lady Vols have had over 20 5 Stars over the last 6 years. I haven’t counted but that is just as many as South Carolina and more than Mississippi State. We certainly have more 5 Stars than BAMA and LSU. Over the last six years how many of our players have become All Americans? Now we have the rep of having the first national player from high school, not make first team All American.

We are still making the same turnovers when we had experienced or rookies at the point. This year, once teams started double teaming Russell, or playing the zone our offense seem to rarely have an answer. In essence it has to be the players, the coaches or a combination of both.

Next year we will have at least 10 high school All Americans with Davis as possibly the leader. If we play the same with little if any change, and BAMA and LSU still has our number, there is a problem that excuses just will not fix.

Reactions: 5 people
It is for sure, people keep talking parity but there are really only 6-8 teams that can win a womens title, its why there are top seeds left and not a 11th seed like the guys game, there isnt all that much parity in Womens Basketball. I went through and looked at the past classes not counting Russell since she was a 2013 signing and also did not remove those that transferred as i am not wasting that much time on this but the past 4 classes(Hoopgurlz top 100) saw UT signed 10 top 100 players(that terrible 2016 year), UConn signed 12, Louisville signed 16, Notre Dame- 10, USC- 9, Oregon State- 6, Oregon- 8, Ms State- 2 with none signed in 2015, 2016 or 2017. I am sure I would be wasting my time looking for those that beat UT this year in Alabama, Mizzou, and LSU but right now I think Holly has a job ONLY because she hired Reaves because this freshman class and just signed class most likely would have been as terrible as the 2016 class was.

Of course Ms State has 3 top 54 players coming in next year so we shall see if top players play as well there.

I wish we were there too but if it makes you that sad, don't watch.

I wish we were there too but if it makes you that sad, don't watch.

Thanks for the advise I hope you don’t mine if I ignore it. No matter if I watch the tournament or not we are still in pitiful shape, especially when you consider the talent we have had at our disposal for the last 6 years. I enjoy women’s basketball especially seeing good teams, with good coaches, succeed.

It is for sure, people keep talking parity but there are really only 6-8 teams that can win a womens title, its why there are top seeds left and not a 11th seed like the guys game, there isnt all that much parity in Womens Basketball. I went through and looked at the past classes not counting Russell since she was a 2013 signing and also did not remove those that transferred as i am not wasting that much time on this but the past 4 classes(Hoopgurlz top 100) saw UT signed 10 top 100 players(that terrible 2016 year), UConn signed 12, Louisville signed 16, Notre Dame- 10, USC- 9, Oregon State- 6, Oregon- 8, Ms State- 2 with none signed in 2015, 2016 or 2017. I am sure I would be wasting my time looking for those that beat UT this year in Alabama, Mizzou, and LSU but right now I think Holly has a job ONLY because she hired Reaves because this freshman class and just signed class most likely would have been as terrible as the 2016 class was.

Of course Ms State has 3 top 54 players coming in next year so we shall see if top players play as well there.

Also with this it again doesnt include transfers, so it didnt include last years joke of a team that set the record for losses but yet had Russell a number 1 and Diamond on it and even though everything was blamed on Diamond that team like this one underwhelmed per the recruiting. Also not all recruits equal others. UT signed 7-5 star recruits on the team while UConn signed 12-5 stars, Louis- 12-5 stars, ND-8-5 stars, USC- 7-5 stars, Oregon State- 3-5stars while their highest ranked is recruit Destiny Slocum who signed with Maryland and sat out this year. Oregon- 5-5 stars, Ms State- 1-5 star Vivians 24th ranked and an AA. Hoping one day these recruiting rankings actually matter because for now they dont and also go back and look up some of the profiles and it seems we had plenty of good guard shooters that somehow cannot shoot now?

Someone has really worked with McCowan (6’7”) on the M St team. Her progression from freshman to Junior is amazing. I’ve noticed improvement by several ladies on various teams over the last couple of years. A lot of hard work on their part and some good coaching too.

If you're going to keep complaining about another Holly thread then perhaps you shouldn't constantly post on said thread thus keeping it at the top of the forum. Scroll right on by.

Or maybe we should just stop creating them and post in the ones that we already have bashing her. You know actually follow the rules of the board.

VN Store

Back