Holly's Fatal Flaw

surrealvol

We had a pretty good year but should have done a lot better...our kiss of death is to get early leads...that's when I say "Oh No!"

Holly seems to be very remiss to call timeouts at the right times! So she lets opponents come roaring back and that just shifts the momentum so drastically that we begin to get in a totally different scheme that lacks confidence, causes us to speed up and make mistakes, get out of our play structures, and lose control of the game...

How many times has poor in-game coaching caused us to lose games we should have won? I think opposing coaches play this out with their players and tell them "It's only a matter of time and we will be right back in this thing".

Every good coach knows that the way to stop a big run by the opposition is to call timeout, switch defense for just a few minutes, and retain control of the game.

We wait way to long to stop the opponents runs and similar stuff happens too much during the game...it is the coaches role to manage the game and make sure her team is in control! Holly lets that slide way too often in my humble opinion!

Reactions: 7 people
I am so happy that we finally have a thread which discusses Holly's shortcomings as a coach!

The Holly lovefest that this board has become needed to be stopped!

Thank you, thank you intrepid posters for daring to go where no one (except for a few thousand other threads) has dared to go.

Reactions: 12 people
I am so happy that we finally have a thread which discusses Holly's shortcomings as a coach!

Thank you, thank you intrepid posters for daring to go where no one (except for a few thousand other threads) has dared to go.

Well, she has so many shortcomings they can't all be discussed and analyzed in one or two threads. She really is a God-awful head coach; I think Holly just rode Summitt's coattails as an assistant, so she's probably not even a good assistant coach.

Reactions: 8 people

actually a good pshe needs to be a better in game coach, she has a year to do it

If you don't like the Holly post, then stop reading them. I doubt that anyone has a gun to your head making you look at them, that seems simple enough.

Reactions: 6 people
Well how exciting another futile upcoming season with great talent and a lackluster coach.

To some, the answer to all Lady Vol woes is that next group of recruits! Oh, when the new freshmen get on the court, Holly will really have something to work with, they'll get us back to the final four! This is every year.

Reactions: 3 people
Flaws? Not following Geno around in every NCAA tournament game Unconnect,
I mean uconn play. Or Jeff or Dawn or Vic or Muffet or Kim or for heaven's sake any coach that's still there.

Reactions: 2 people
If you don't like the Holly post, then stop reading them. I doubt that anyone has a gun to your head making you look at them, that seems simple enough.

Okay, if you don't like me pointing out the repetitive nature of someone starting a thread to express their "humble opinion" on these oft cited criticisms, then don't read my response; no is one is holding a gun to your head.

Your response - if you don't like my criticisms of your criticisms, then don't read it, no gun to head etc.

My response - If you don't like me criticizing your criticisms of my criticisms, then don't read them....no head guns, timeout, play Uconn, I heard transfers, fire

Your response - If you don't like me criticizing your criticisms of my criticisms of your criticisms of my criticisms, the don't read them, guns, heads, Uconn rolling with Holly's timeouts, play with fahr Fulmer.

And there we have the essence of this message board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
:p:p:pWhere have you been?
Its been there the last two seasons.
Lost to Alabama,
lose to Notre Dame after leading with 23 points;
in the 2nd quarter of the game,
and worse yet the loss in Knoxville to Oregon State.

flaws?...first I've heard of it...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Who will start the next FUTILE fire Holly thread?

Holly will be the coach next season!

Hollys main flaw is she sucks at coaching and she may be here next year and shes still going to suck at coaching. Just because she will be back does not mean UT made the right decision. Just means they dont care about winning anymore.

Reactions: 4 people
Hollys main flaw is she sucks at coaching and she may be here next year and shes still going to suck at coaching. Just because she will be back does not mean UT made the right decision. Just means they dont care about winning anymore.

"Just means they dont care about winning anymore". I would state this a little different; the UTAD does not care anymore about the LVs being an elite WCBB team.

To some, the answer to all Lady Vol woes is that next group of recruits! Oh, when the new freshmen get on the court, Holly will really have something to work with, they'll get us back to the final four! This is every year.

Now, now it is not Holly’s fault that dumb azz McD All Americans choose Tennessee and the smart ones mostly choose top 10 teams. Maybe we are asking the wrong questions during recruitment interviews like, can you think, can you follow instructions, do you understand what a turnover is, do you need to be coached to realize your potential, do you know what a 3 point brick is, do you know how to be aggressive for 4 full quarters, can you figure out how to outwit coaches without coaching help, do you understand why it is important to save timeouts even when they need to be used, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Frances Warlick is never going to be the coach that will get us to the final four that has been established. It is well documented and performance on the court has made it a reality. The point is when will it be enough for the Tennessee Athletic Department and that answer could be maybe never.

Reactions: 2 people
:p:p:pWhere have you been?
Its been there the last two seasons.
Lost to Alabama,
lose to Notre Dame after leading with 23 points;
in the 2nd quarter of the game,
and worse yet the loss in Knoxville to Oregon State.

Oregon State just beat and out rebounded Baylor! Not bad for such a lowly team ! Just Saying 😈

If only it was that easy. The problem that you are conveniently ignoring is that pretty much EVERY thread gets hijacked into another Holly bash-fest. If the criticism stayed where it belonged, in threads like this, I could understand and don't think I or anyone else would have reason to complain, whether we agree or not.

BUT NO. Some of you people think your opinion of her is so important that you have to insert anywhere and everywhere; relevant or not. It gets really old. I'm just glad I don't have to live with such people.

Reactions: 8 people
If only it was that easy. The problem that you are conveniently ignoring is that pretty much EVERY thread gets hijacked into another Holly bash-fest. If the criticism stayed where it belonged, in threads like this, I could understand and don't think I or anyone else would have reason to complain, whether we agree or not.

BUT NO. Some of you people think your opinion of her is so important that you have to insert anywhere and everywhere; relevant or not. It gets really old. I'm just glad I don't have to live with such people.

Lol

VN Store

Back