Sweet 16 and beyond

mike099

Ok, I am somewhat over the Lady Vols loss so how about Buffalo and Central Michigan(those uniforms hurt my eyes).

Buffalo beat two Florida teams - South Florida, in Uconns conference and Florida State.

Central Michigan beat an LSU team that was short some players, but they showed it was no fluke by beating Ohio State.

In the round of 16, I will be watching UCLA-Texas, ND- Texas A&M and Oregon State - Baylor

My final 4 is UCONN -Oregon and then Mississippi State-Louisville. UCONN winning it all against Mississippi State.

A note on the only time I saw Oregons coaching staff - I noticed they all wore black matching outfits with green tennis shoes. Looked kind of cool.

Reactions: 3 people
Ok, I am somewhat over the Lady Vols loss so how about Buffalo and Central Michigan(those uniforms hurt my eyes).

Buffalo beat two Florida teams - South Florida, in Uconns conference and Florida State.

Central Michigan beat an LSU team that was short some players, but they showed it was no fluke by beating Ohio State.

In the round of 16, I will be watching UCLA-Texas, ND- Texas A&M and Oregon State - Baylor

My final 4 is UCONN -Oregon and then Mississippi State-Louisville. UCONN winning it all against Mississippi State.

A note on the only time I saw Oregons coaching staff - I noticed they all wore black matching outfits with green tennis shoes. Looked kind of cool.

I'm excited to watch the Stanford/Louisville game, Stanford is over-matched athletically, but Tara always has a game plan and her athletes almost always execute it.

They made FGCU look as bad as they should have and really came on strong second half of the season. I give them the edge over Louisville but not sure they can get by Baylor if they meet in the Elite 8.

Really love to see some of the mid-major schools making some noise too, such an awesome experience for those student-athletes and their coaches. Brings a lot of great media attention to women's ball also!!

Reactions: 2 people
The sweet sixteen we're not there(sadly)! Watching the game played at high level is exciting.$0.02.

I'm excited to watch the Stanford/Louisville game, Stanford is over-matched athletically, but Tara always has a game plan and her athletes almost always execute it.

They made FGCU look as bad as they should have and really came on strong second half of the season. I give them the edge over Louisville but not sure they can get by Baylor if they meet in the Elite 8.

Really love to see some of the mid-major schools making some noise too, such an awesome experience for those student-athletes and their coaches. Brings a lot of great media attention to women's ball also!!

Yes the Cards should be worried about the Card:)

Reactions: 1 person

Agreed! I happened to watch a little of Buffalo in their conference tournament and was very impressed. Excited that they've made some noise. South Carolina hasn't played well yet in this tournament so it'll be interesting to see what happens in that match-up.

Agreed! I happened to watch a little of Buffalo in their conference tournament and was very impressed. Excited that they've made some noise. South Carolina hasn't played well yet in this tournament so it'll be interesting to see what happens in that match-up.

Build a wall to see if South Carolina can hit a few outside shots. UCONN is good in defending without fouling. They also can hit from outside.

South Carolina looked bad last year as well!

Miss St vs UCLA will be a fabulous game. Could go either way expect a real close great game.
UConn stomps SC probably by at least 20.

Expecting Notre Dame and Louisville to make the final four as well but Pac 10 teams proving to be tough outs so both games could be competitive.

spoiler alert espn huskies win it all

They pass the ball around like the globetrotters then when someone is open they make the shot. That is the clincher they can shoot the ball they seldom miss layups and ten footers seem to be automatic.
I think Holly could get it out of them would take her half a season but expect it could be done.

Reactions: 2 people
So utterly dull. Not even worth watching the games. Just have to find other things to do until it all moves on.

I can't imagine how bittersweet it must be for all the past and present Lady Vols' Oregon natives that there are TWO Oregon teams in the Sweet 16 and they are merely watching from home. I imagine those programs would have loved to have signed all of them, and if only the players had not felt so certain that they'd be more likely to compete for championships in Knoxville...

*heavy sigh*

Reactions: 3 people
I can't imagine how bittersweet it must be for all the past and present Lady Vols' Oregon natives that there are TWO Oregon teams in the Sweet 16 and they are merely watching from home. I imagine those programs would have loved to have signed all of them, and if only the players had not felt so certain that they'd be more likely to compete for championships in Knoxville...

*heavy sigh*

That Russell and Nared--and, before them, Reynolds--chose to go out of state makes perfect sense to me. Oregon was a complete mess when they graduated high school and Rueck was still relatively new at Oregon State. Westbrook is a bit more of a puzzle. I don't think there was any mutual interest with Oregon--probably Ionescu's presence had a lot to do with that--but I believe that there was with Oregon State. In any case, both Oregon programs look like they will be strong for at least the near future, and I suspect that things will be different going forward.

That Russell and Nared--and, before them, Reynolds--chose to go out of state makes perfect sense to me. Oregon was a complete mess when they graduated high school and Rueck was still relatively new at Oregon State. Westbrook is a bit more of a puzzle. I don't think there was any mutual interest with Oregon--probably Ionescu's presence had a lot to do with that--but I believe that there was with Oregon State. In any case, both Oregon programs look like they will be strong for at least the near future, and I suspect that things will be different going forward.

After this year Oregon St will loose Marie Gulich and there will be a big drop off. But Oregon will be good for a few years.

After this year Oregon St will loose Marie Gulich and there will be a big drop off. But Oregon will be good for a few years.

OSU will gain Destiny Slocum and two towering freshman (6'9" and 6'7"), so I suspect they'll be relevant for awhile, considering their track record of developing post players.

I like how ND made adjustments and pulled out a victory. The Oregon guard missed another triple double by 1 rebound. She will probably be a great pro.

For the two finals Monday, I expect UCONN
To easily handle SC and a close game by ND and Oregon

Our three Oregon players are watching from home because they allowed one of the two Oregon teams to advance to the S16 by beating them on their home floor. Every LVs team before them protected their home floor during the NCAAT. They did not. They could've competed for championships at UT-- the opportunity has been there every year.

Reactions: 1 person
Louisville is whipping up on Oregon State in the 2nd half. Oregon State has zero bench points after 3 quarters. Perhaps the UCLA Vs MS game will be closer

VN Store

Back