Need A New Direction

What Fulmer should do is let her coach her final year sets some goals she has to achieve to remain coach. That way she knows she is gone if she fails to achieve and there will be no hassle when that day comes. Her contract is up she is gone. If he would do this she may choose to resign now and that would be great also. I can accept him doing this and not right out firing her. I will be devastated if he gives her a raise and a three year contract that is something that will mean were in for a lot of misery as fans.

Reactions: 7 people
Ok so it's been 4 hours and I have some words, not many but some as it relates to our #ladyvols.

I was a player, so was Abby and Pashen and Tamika and Semeka and Chamique and Candace and Dawn and Shelley and Lisa and Pam and and and......

And I'm sorry but you just can't blame this on the coach. Players play. Players make plays. Players win games. Players make free throws or they don't. Players are on the court. Players are in control. Players contest shots. Players get defensive stops. Players make or cause turnovers. Players take charges or punk out and don't sacrifice their bodies to do so. Players hit chippies or they don't. Players dive after loose balls or they choose not to. Players are taught by their leaders, their coaches and I cannot stress enough the experience of this staff who is coaching these kids....is beyond what any other program can ask for. The grass is NOT greener on the other side folks. Players need to mature. Players need to value winning. Players need to feel the pain. So the next time when pain is looming, it feels different and therefore they will get a different outcome. I really don't care if some fans don't agree with what I am saying but we have great players and great players need to step up as they always have in the TN program. Onus is on the players. I will remind everyone that in 1996, we were 5 years without a Championship and Pat was as stressed as anyone EVER. She put the blame ON US to win. Mark my word, it was ours to win or not. So please before you throw a baby out with the bathwater in blaming Holly, just remember it's a journey, not a sprint. In today's Me first, Video game reset world, everyone wants to get rid of the coach and think it will make it all right. Not so people. Holly is a Pat's protege. She's got her blue print mapped in her body, soul and mind. You won't get any better, any closer to Pat than Holly. I'd like everyone to think about this post as we tend not to blame the players only the coaches. Trust me, Pat blamed us and held us responsible. Time for the players to own up. Whether anyone likes to read this or not, it's true and you can't argue it because I have been there and done that. 18 to 21 year olds are adults.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok so it's been 4 hours and I have some words, not many but some as it relates to our #ladyvols.

I was a player, so was Abby and Pashen and Tamika and Semeka and Chamique and Candace and Dawn and Shelley and Lisa and Pam and and and......

And I'm sorry but you just can't blame this on the coach. Players play. Players make plays. Players win games. Players make free throws or they don't. Players are on the court. Players are in control. Players contest shots. Players get defensive stops. Players make or cause turnovers. Players take charges or punk out and don't sacrifice their bodies to do so. Players hit chippies or they don't. Players dive after loose balls or they choose not to. Players are taught by their leaders, their coaches and I cannot stress enough the experience of this staff who is coaching these kids....is beyond what any other program can ask for. The grass is NOT greener on the other side folks. Players need to mature. Players need to value winning. Players need to feel the pain. So the next time when pain is looming, it feels different and therefore they will get a different outcome. I really don't care if some fans don't agree with what I am saying but we have great players and great players need to step up as they always have in the TN program. Onus is on the players. I will remind everyone that in 1996, we were 5 years without a Championship and Pat was as stressed as anyone EVER. She put the blame ON US to win. Mark my word, it was ours to win or not. So please before you throw a baby out with the bathwater in blaming Holly, just remember it's a journey, not a sprint. In today's Me first, Video game reset world, everyone wants to get rid of the coach and think it will make it all right. Not so people. Holly is a Pat's protege. She's got her blue print mapped in her body, soul and mind. You won't get any better, any closer to Pat than Holly. I'd like everyone to think about this post as we tend not to blame the players only the coaches. Trust me, Pat blamed us and held us responsible. Time for the players to own up. Whether anyone likes to read this or not, it's true and you can't argue it because I have been there and done that. 18 to 21 year olds are adults.

Not about one game or one season. Why are we always getting top rated players that fail to produce on the floor at the level that is expected because of their McDonalds All American prestige. Why do we lose to Ole Miss, Alabama, Penn State, and Virginia Tech type teams.
Where do you place the blame if the players are not performing if it goes on them and it continues up to the coach to bench them or send them packing otherwise why do we even need a coach. Holly has to make players reach expectations she has to demand it. Pat demanded it of a lot of different players and then there were those players that were willing to do it on their own. We don't seem to have any of those leading players anymore and players make the same terrible mistakes over and over without fear of retribution.
Someone has to lead and Holly isn't doing it the last three seasons and neither are any players because if they were we wouldn't lose games and struggle to win games that is happening now.

Reactions: 7 people

Already posted in a thread that carries the name of the former player....please try to keep up......and, by the way, MM is wrong and her attitude is why she is no longer in coaching.....have a great evening.....

Reactions: 4 people

We got to stop blaming everything on the players, yes they made a lot of mistakes, however, Holly has some accountability. If she is having an issue coaching the players of today maybe she needs to step down. The Lady Vols started declining before the end of Pat’s tenture, maybe, and I loved Pat, what was doing was not working, and we needed to go in a different direction. Just maybe Holly needs to change her coaching philosophy to meet the demands necessary to Coach today’s players.

Already posted in a thread that carries the name of the former player....please try to keep up......and, by the way, MM is wrong and her attitude is why she is no longer in coaching.....have a great evening.....

SO do you think that . the offense was not providing shots , as you are a great coach . or were we missing ?

SO do you think that . the offense was not providing shots , as you are a great coach . or were we missing ?

Are we a mid-major that can only win if three pointers are falling?
A good coach has the team ready to break zone defenses, not just fire it up from downtown....basketball 101....

Reactions: 1 person
Are we a mid-major that can only win if three pointers are falling?
A good coach has the team ready to break zone defenses, not just fire it up from downtown....basketball 101....

Listen you can cut screen , duck in, play behind it , but a zone is designed to make you do what??????????? So you have to be able to hit a jump there is no excuse for the players to take 30 more shots and still shoot 30% . Please even the blame basketball 102

Listen you can cut screen , duck in, play behind it , but a zone is designed to make you do what??????????? So you have to be able to hit a jump there is no excuse for the players to take 30 more shots and still shoot 30% . Please even the blame basketball 102

Cutter basketball kills zone.
High-paint cuts, backdoor's, baseline, "Tim Duncan" bank-shot...all can bust a zone. ..Mix in a shooter or two and you don't have to face a zone.

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for confirming what MOST already know.....we need a new coach....

Cutter basketball kills zone.
High-paint cuts, backdoor's, baseline, "Tim Duncan" bank-shot...all can bust a zone. ..Mix in a shooter or two and you don't have to face a zone.

The problem is teams do not play us in a regular zone, on tape they pack it in all the way to the free throw line so there is no room for high paint cuts or duck in or screen, if all i have to do is tell my two at the top stay there they can't shoot

Last edited:
"Holly is a Pat's protege. She's got her blue print mapped in her body, soul and mind. You won't get any better, any closer to Pat than Holly."

TOTAL BS - sorry the mapping needs some implementation and work on the court.

Holly was the worse Coach in the group with CPS in the hay day. When Caldwell and DeMoss were on staff, all Holly did was gross her arms and kick chairs....and fuss

At practices you would very rarely see her coaching or teaching......

The job fell into her lap. And it is pain full to watch the program degrade.

Well written article that will fall on Deaf Ears with our new AD..............

aceuOFx.jpg

The problem is teams do not play us in a regular zone, on tape they pack it in all the way to the free throw line so there is no room for high paint cuts or duck in or screen, if all i have to do is tell my two at the top stay there they can't shoot
My daughter played on the 96 team. She had to earn a spot. Coach Holly doesn't require her teams to earn anything. They make the same mistakes over and over with no threat of being benched. You're behind by 9 or ten with under 2 minutes to play and you have guards on the floor that my 60 year old behind can out shoot. Dunbar on the bench, why? You need points against a zone. Holly seems to be afraid to hurt feelings, in which she was always and still is the "it's gonna be alright coach". There's a reason Elzy isn't still around.

Reactions: 10 people
My daughter played on the 96 team. She had to earn a spot. Coach Holly doesn't require her teams to earn anything. They make the same mistakes over and over with no threat of being benched. You're behind by 9 or ten with under 2 minutes to play and you have guards on the floor that my 60 year old behind can out shoot. Dunbar on the bench, why? You need points against a zone. Holly seems to be afraid to hurt feelings, in which she was always and still is the "it's gonna be alright coach". There's a reason Elzy isn't still around.

Thank You ! Elzy could not put up with Holly being soft with the players.

Fulmer's direction seems clear to the majority Holly has not continued the Lady Vol tradition of Championship basketball. Interesting to see what he does if I was him would do nothing. Let everything stand as it is one year contract and no extension. This does not cause any controversy and it does not reward what she has done. It may give her some motivation for change or it will at least let us long suffering fans go in a new direction after next season.

You people calling for her ouster, are delusional. Fulmer knows that it would look entirely foolish, to fire a coach whom took her team to the Big Dance. Back away from the ledge!

Reactions: 3 people
Fulmer's direction seems clear to the majority Holly has not continued the Lady Vol tradition of Championship basketball. Interesting to see what he does if I was him would do nothing. Let everything stand as it is one year contract and no extension. This does not cause any controversy and it does not reward what she has done. It may give her some motivation for change or it will at least let us long suffering fans go in a new direction after next season.

I`m done with Holly i will take Carolyn Peck or Kyra Elzy

Program firsts continue to stack up under Holly Warlick | Sports | newportplaintalk.com

Wiedmer: Fate of Lady Vols coach Holly Warlick not an easy call for Phillip Fulmer | Times Free Press

My worry is he is gonna give her a three year extension and a raise and that is what he doesn't need to do.

I think the fans and the media backlash has been to much after this early exit at home she will be forced to resign.

VN Store

Back