Warlick should schedule UCONN

Undercovervol

If she really thinks she and her players don't deserve, "half the crap thrown at them," what better way to prove it than to go in to Storrs and prove it?
Since TN stopped playing UCONN, we haven't made the final four, while UCONN has made the final four every year in our absence.
Do it, Warlick. Prove yourself.

Reactions: 6 people
If she really thinks she and her players don't deserve, "half the crap thrown at them," what better way to prove it than to go in to Storrs and prove it?
Since TN stopped playing UCONN, we haven't made the final four, while UCONN has made the final four every year in our absence.

Here is the I LOVE UCON forum:

UConn Women's Basketball | The Boneyard

Reactions: 6 people
I live in CT. I'd rather the handful of people I know that legitimately care about womens basketball up here to not rub it in my face that they beat us by 40.

I still have the Candace Parker years over them. I still have the "last time our mens team squared off" clap back over them. Let's keep that train going.

She should schedule an interview with UConn to be one of Geno's assistants.

Reactions: 4 people
Fill in the blanks......"to _ _ the best.....you have to _ _ _ _ the best".....

Stop gripping and go make the LV the BEST again.....

Reactions: 1 person
I think Warlick put out some feelers a couple of years ago. Auriemma was willing to renew the series if UT met his demands. They refused.

I am trying hard to follow the logic. The LVs just lost a home NCAA 2nd round game for the time. Have failed to make the sweet 16 in back-to-back years; were also rans in the SEC; lost to a poor, cellar dwelling Bama team for the 4th year in a row.

So, exactly what would scheduling UConn prove again? Wouldn't winning the SEC or making a deep run in the tournament be a stronger statement of proof?

We all KNOW the likely outcome of a Uconn match. How about we beat Notre Dame next year. That is a big step in the right direction.

Reactions: 3 people
I am trying hard to follow the logic. The LVs just lost a home NCAA 2nd round game for the time. Have failed to make the sweet 16 in back-to-back years; were also rans in the SEC; lost to a poor, cellar dwelling Bama team for the 4th year in a row.

So, exactly what would scheduling UConn prove again? Wouldn't winning the SEC or making a deep run in the tournament be a stronger statement of proof?

We all KNOW the likely outcome of a Uconn match. How about we beat Notre Dame next year. That is a big step in the right direction.

This attitude will keep the LV right where we are now....."also-rans".....

I think Warlick put out some feelers a couple of years ago. Auriemma was willing to renew the series if UT met his demands. They refused.

UT needs UConn much more than UConn needs UT.

They are still a national brand with good attendance that isnt dwindling. Last year UT had the second highest attendance average in the country behind South Carolina, however that is because UT has a HUGE building while UConn does not, so attendance for every game combined for UConn was 291,722 people in attendance for 37 games(average of 7,884) while UT was 222,332 in attendance for 31 games(7,172). Which means on the road the Lady Vols are not so much a national brand or name as UConn is since at home average for UT in TBA was 9,184 while UConn was 8,888. I am sure after this season it will be even more disparity per game attendance between the 2 schools. UT really needs UConn to come into TBA for a big attendance boost while UConn doesnt need that as their home only sits 9,882 and again their home attendance averages 8,888 so less than 1,000 seats available in the nosebleeds while playing a bunch of nobodies.

:dance2::dance2::dance2:Absoluutely do not schedule U Conn. Pat Summit refused to play them after Gino made the remarks about her to the mother of a player both were recruiting in Atlanta to gain an advantage. Because of that remark Gino got the player and Summit refused to play him until Gino made an admission of it. She always referred that question back to Gino to answer the reason why. Some sports writer needs to publish the whole story as to that reason...Gino would look like a "jack ass".

This attitude will keep the LV right where we are now....."also-rans".....

Exactly what attitude?- the idea of beating ND next year or winning the SEC or making a deep run into the NCAA tournament?

Those outcome strike me as being different from also ran status.

Exactly what attitude?- the idea of beating ND next year or winning the SEC or making a deep run into the NCAA tournament?

Those outcome strike me as being different from also ran status.

So, you are saying, and there is no denying it, that the LV have fallen so far that we need to take BABY STEPS.....gotcha.....

Reactions: 2 people

Prove she can beat Alabama first since she has lose four straight to them and a couple at home. She was saved by Davis at Arkansas and last season with Diamond, Russell, and Nared we lost to Ole Miss. Not about one game Holly has shown that regardless of talent she can find a way to lose to almost anybody.

:dance2::dance2::dance2:Absoluutely do not schedule U Conn. Pat Summit refused to play them after Gino made the remarks about her to the mother of a player both were recruiting in Atlanta to gain an advantage. Because of that remark Gino got the player and Summit refused to play him until Gino made an admission of it. She always referred that question back to Gino to answer the reason why. Some sports writer needs to publish the whole story as to that reason...Gino would look like a "jack ass".

:cray:

So, you are saying, and there is no denying it, that the LV have fallen so far that we need to take BABY STEPS.....gotcha.....

That is some tortured logic you are using to basically say "fahr Holly."

There is no need to somehow cleverly draw out an "admission" that not making the Sweet 16 in back to back seasons is a sign that the program has slipped (or has not stayed ahead of the rising competitive tide). However, they still have a strong foundation with returning players and the incoming class.

Winning the SEC, probably the toughest conference in the country, would not be a baby step.

Nor would making a deep run into the tourney i.e. a Final four return.

And ND is a top tier program the Lv have not defeated in several seasons.

If they ticked those boxes, I think everyone would be very happy with the turnaround regardless of whether they played a regular season game against you know who.

There is no need to somehow cleverly draw out an "admission" that not making the Sweet 16 in back to back seasons is a sign that the program has slipped (or has not stayed ahead of the rising competitive tide). However, they still have a strong foundation with returning players and the incoming class.

Winning the SEC, probably the toughest conference in the country, would not be a baby step.

If they ticked those boxes, I think everyone would be very happy with the turnaround regardless of whether they played a regular season game against you know who.
One credit we have to give Holly is that we did beat Notre Dame last season at home.

One credit we have to give Holly is that we did beat Notre Dame last season at home.

You know, I totally forgot about that win! Mea Culpa. That team not making it to the Sweet 16 as well..... Like this season, the lack of consistency is hard to fathom.

I don't think it is reasonable to think Holly will be fired at this point but she has to be getting on a very short leash. 3 seasons of not making the sweet 16 I think would be the point of no return.

Whatever makes you "feel better"......and by the way, what is this Harry Potter, come on.....you can say it.....U Conn....Geno.....this is not a middle school grudge.....

I guess we should have stopped playing ALABAMA and NICK SABAN every year in football......when we had the chance......grow up or accept middle of the pack LV fans....

VN Store

Back