Preferential Treatment?

TMHoosierVol

Thread Assassin
#4 on the list of items NOT permitted in the Thompson-Boling arena:

No animals (except certified sevice dogs for disabled).

So, why did an ESPN crowd shot just prior to the start of the 3rd quarter show a Blue Head lady with a little black miniature lap dog in the front rows on her lap? Are the high dollar donors exempt from rules that the general public are subject to. I started this thread in the LV forum because I doubt it would be allowed at a men's game.

Reactions: 3 people
#4 on the list of items NOT permitted in the Thompson-Boling arena:

No animals (except certified sevice dogs for disabled).

So, why did an ESPN crowd shot just prior to the start of the 3rd quarter show a Blue Head lady with a little black miniature lap dog in the front rows on her lap? Are the high dollar donors exempt from rules that the general public are subject to. I started this thread in the LV forum because I doubt it would be allowed at a men's game.

Wow, you're outraged about a 5 pound lap dog being inside TBA.

Reactions: 4 people
It could have been a psychiatric service animal, seizure or allergen alert dog, which are required to be admitted by law. Therapy or emotional support dogs are also allowed in TB, I believe, even though it is not a requirement under State or Federal law. So it might have been one of those. Especially if it was on her lap.

Emotional support dogs are popular with veterans being treated for PTSD and their popularity has grown in treating other psychological ailments and conditions and most public venues in Tenn allow them.

Or it could have been a generous donor and attendants have been told to look the other way, LOL.

Reactions: 1 person
Service and therapy dogs are allowed in university buildings. Doesn't matter what color your hair is-- and it applies to both sexes.

Reactions: 2 people
You would be amazed at how easy it is for people to get an animal listed as a service animal.

Yeah, I've heard about emotional support peacocks and hampsters etc.

If preferential treatment is the norm, than maybe it should be contained to the suites instead of rubbing it in the faces of the general public.

If preferential treatment is the norm, than maybe it should be contained to the suites instead of rubbing it in the faces of the general public.

Maybe you should get one of those "support spelling hamsters" I am hearing so much about. :rtfm:

Economic inequity is certainly an issue to get fired up about but perhaps there are more pressing examples, that someone who may or may have had service animal with them during a LV game.

Economic inequity is certainly an issue to get fired up about but perhaps there are more pressing examples, that someone who may or may have had service animal with them during a LV game.

I'm not fired up. I've just got too much time on my hands and LV fans are easy to spin up, especially the Holly worshipers and the grammar police.

Please tell me that this is a failed attempt to get people's attention off of firing CHW......please.......if this is real.....seek help......

This thread much like our last three football coaches...started with so much potential

VN Store

Back