What did you expect ?

volnationnj

Before the season started, I was of the mind that the LV's wouldn't do much better than what they actually did this year and that they were probably 2 years away from the final four. It's just too difficult for teams that start 3 freshman to advance that far in the NCAA's. (Of course, some said they were ready to win now and not wait 2 years to make their run at the final four. Are you out there coachj ?).
My main concern is the direction the team is heading in. After a 15-0 start
(Granted, against a lot of cupcakes but Texas was in there too. Do you think we would beat Texas if we played them tomorrow ?). We have played progressively worse as the season wore on.
Today's game against a much less physically talented team (but well coached) with basketball smart players made us look absolutely pitiful when we had the ball. Once they went to a zone defense, we were helpless.
This scenario has played out for multiple years now. Einstein said
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity" Where do we stand ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
A Holly coached team couldn't make the finals with Lebron James on the team.
Do while (Holly = coach)
{
Bad_Season = True ;
}
End;

Reactions: 2 people
Oh...we'll hear from the idiots saying how great Holly is blahblahblah..."We are so young" blahblahblah. Ridiculous. Holly continues to embarrass this program. Couldn't even make the Sweet 16 with all that talent. Lose at home for 1st time EVER in NCAA...and Holly just continues to end any and all of the great streaks we had going for sooooooo long. And guess what Holly lovers...Oregon State was a WORSE TEAM. Keep your lame excuses and low expectations comin'. You guys love NOT being great. Heck you don't even care about being good. Pathetic.

Reactions: 6 people
Before the season started, I was of the mind that the LV's wouldn't do much better than what they actually did this year and that they were probably 2 years away from the final four. It's just too difficult for teams that start 3 freshman to advance that far in the NCAA's. (Of course, some said they were ready to win now and not wait 2 years to make their run at the final four. Are you out there coachj ?).
My main concern is the direction the team is heading in. After a 15-0 start
(Granted, against a lot of cupcakes but Texas was in there too. Do you think we wound beat Texas if we played them tomorrow ?) we have played progressively worse as the season wore on.
Today's game against a much less physically talented team (but well coached) with basketball smart players made us look absolutely pitiful when we had the ball. Once they went to a zone defense, we were helpless.
This scenario has played out for multiple years now. Einstein said
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity" Where do we stand ?

We are insane.

Reactions: 3 people
What did I expect? A forty point embarrassment by a real team with a competent head coach. This loss was more of a mercy killing I suppose. It spared the LVs what was bound to happen otherwise.

Reactions: 3 people
Oh...we'll hear from the idiots saying how great Holly is blahblahblah..."We are so young" blahblahblah. Ridiculous. Holly continues to embarrass this program. Couldn't even make the Sweet 16 with all that talent. Lose at home for 1st time EVER in NCAA...and Holly just continues to end any and all of the great streaks we had going for sooooooo long. And guess what Holly lovers...Oregon State was a WORSE TEAM. Keep your lame excuses and low expectations comin'. You guys love NOT being great. Heck you don't even care about being good. Pathetic.

Wait, how was Oregon State "worse" team? They are ranked above us in the coaches' poll. I agree that we should've won the game, but they are a very good opponent.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back