Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 2

The Lady Vols better bring it. Oregon State will NOT lay down. The winner, whoever it is, will earn it. Hopefully Lady Vols get 'er done.

SEC had a bit of a rough 1st round. LSU and Missouri both got upset by weaker seeds and lost. Mississippi State and Tennessee had comfortable wins by the margins but Tennesee was reasonably close most of the game until they finally pulled away mid to late 3rd quarter.

Georgia only beat a 13 seed by 5 and South Carolina only beat a 15 seed by 11. UCONN just beat their #16 seed by 88 and set some record of points scored with 140. I mean WTF, I didn't see the game but if he had starters in when they were up by 40, that's low class IMO. If the 3rd string beat them by that much, then I guess it is what it is ...

I suppose TAM's 13 point win over a 13 seed is fine.

Hopefully the SEC can collectively bounce back a little stronger overall with the 5 remaining teams.

Reactions: 2 people
Geno had starters in and they were pouring it on when they were up 63 points. That's UConn-- winning by as much as they can whenever they can.

Tomorrow will be a battle, but there should be a good home crowd. LVs can't dig themselves into an early hole and they can't let OSU get hot shooting 3s. And the PGs have to limit TOs. Westbrook should be motivated to play well-- hope she does.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee will play Oregon State

game starts at 2:00 PM ET in Knoxville

TV ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

RADIO: LADY VOL RADIO NETWORK

go Lady Vols.keep up the great effort :dance:

as all ways go Lady Vols :clapping:

"Perfect Storm"

Round II

We'll beat the crap out of anyone as long as we keep remembering how fun it is.

It is win-or-go home basketball.
Win, you don't go home.

Listening?

Of note, today Rick Barnes didn't call a timeout until Q3. He was lulled into waiting for the TV timeout twice. I believe it affected us. The opposing coach burned two TO's to stop our runs. And both worked.

Timeouts are weapons...Not just defense mechanisms.
The first two are for tactic, the second two are for finishes.

Last edited:
"Perfect Storm"

Round II

We'll beat the crap out of anyone as long as we keep remembering how fun it is.

It is win-or-go home basketball.
Win, you don't go home.

Listening?

Of note, today Rick Barnes didn't call a timeout until Q3. He was lulled into waiting for the TV timeout twice. I believe it affected us. The opposing coach burned two TO's to stop our runs. And both worked.

Timeouts are weapons...Not just defense mechanisms.
The first two are for tactic, the second two are for finishes.

So what are you trying to say, fahr Holly?:)

I just hope that everyone plays again and we win BIG.

Kamera, Kasi, & Kourtney are The LadyVols secret weapons!

GoLadyVols!

I just noticed the attendence for the Liberty game was only 4509. What's up with that?

Lady Vols basketball following = NASCAR following.

Who is our Bill France Jr.?

We should win today at home no reason not to be motivated or ready to play aggressive defense and offense. We'll see soon.

I hope we come out with the kind of exuberance and aggression that was generally shown in the first game. We will need it!

Tough match-up for a second round game. Oregon State is basically evenly matched with us (per Massey Ratings) but their weaker strength of schedule (Lady Vols #8 vs. OSU #85) probably got them their 6 seed.

Massey has OSU winning this one 70-69, but hoping the home advantage will tip it in our favor...

I just noticed the attendence for the Liberty game was only 4509. What's up with that?

Lady Vols basketball following = NASCAR following.

Who is our Bill France Jr.?

Friday during the day. Probably people still at work. Should be better today.

Tough match-up for a second round game. Oregon State is basically evenly matched with us (per Massey Ratings) but their weaker strength of schedule (Lady Vols #8 vs. OSU #85) probably got them their 6 seed.

Massey has OSU winning this one 70-69, but hoping the home advantage will tip it in our favor...

If OSU has about the same record as us with a much weaker strength of schedule, I don’t see how it’s even, but whatever. We just need to win.

Good job so far. The Oregon trio REALLLLY wants this.

One huge thing that needs to happen before next season, though, is for Warlick to demand that every player come back fully able to shoot layups with either hand. The number of close-range misses I've seen this year because they only know how to shoot with their stong hand makes my dang head spin.

Reactions: 1 person
Some please tell Jackson it isn't cute or funny when she misses lay ups! It is tired, old, and just plan careless! Stop grinning about it Meme...learn to use the backboard!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back