Draya Carter is quickly be oming my favorite commentator

lvocd

Her obvious knowledge of the game, her ability to stay in a good balance of knowing when to chime in and when to stay quiet, along with her pleasant-sounding, confident voice, is everything I appreciate in a commentator.

I have a strong feeling that she is heading quickly toward much BIGGER opportunites. She's got "it."

Anyone else feeling that?

Reactions: 9 people
Her obvious knowledge of the game, her ability to stay in a good balance of knowing when to chime in and when to stay quiet, along with her pleasant-sounding, confident voice, is everything I appreciate in a commentator.

I have a strong feeling that she is heading quickly toward much BIGGER opportunites. She's got "it."

I really enjoy her - also think she has a very bright future. Great voice, great analysis and timing and such a pretty girl. (Not that that matters) Just like her a lot.

Reactions: 6 people

Absolutely yes!

Reactions: 1 person
Fabulous and very talented ESPN should make her one one their main color commentators.

Agreed. Some of the people who've been doing it for decades will sometimes struggle to find something relevant to say, but Carter is always steady, making her sound like she's an old pro -- but she's a fresh newbie! So impressive.

Naah. :snoring:

Draya is a really good announcer and being attractive is not an irrelevant asset in the world of television.

Total package = Bright future.

Draya is a really good announcer and being attractive is not an irrelevant asset in the world of television.

Total package = Bright future.

Well, it sure can’t hurt, right? 😁 She is a natural and all the other aside - she seems like she is so nice. Hope the best for her! 🧡

Reactions: 2 people
One thing I have admired about her since she was in middle school was the way she speaks--clearly--with no stuttering or subject/verb disagreements. It should be a small thing, but so many of the former player commentators cannot put a sentence together correctly. Add to that, she has good analysis skills.

I could imagine her following in Kara's footsteps.

Or walking beside her!

Last edited:
Carter, as a point guard, would have made a big difference in our defense and the ability to advance the ball. Our loss, with her not playing her final year, was ESPN's gain.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back