I’m sorry, but am I the only one embarassed

Vfl2407

by this performance.
We are actually in a contest against a tiny Bible college.
Up only 8 at halftime wit a very good Oregon State staring us in the face on Sunday.
Time was that we beat these type teams by 50 or more points in an opening round at home.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen.
I love Holly but she has ruined a once great program.
Now, we are just another team.

And, before some of you tell me to go root for another team, I say screw that. I’m a lifelong fan.
This is my school and I root for all of my teams.
But, our athletes and great fans deserve better than this.
We just do.

Reactions: 15 people
Other than point guard play we probably would be leading by 20. Failure to make free throws and multiple turnovers and bad shooting at that one position has probably cost us 12 points.

Reactions: 1 person
by this performance.
Up only 8 at halftime wit a very good Oregon State staring us in the face on Sunday.
Time was that we beat these type teams by 50 or more points in an opening round at home.

And, before some of you tell me to go root for another team, I say screw that. I’m a lifelong fan.
We just do.

Struggling in the first round wasn't all that unusual in Pat's day. They will pick it up in the 2d half.

Reactions: 2 people
Last edited:
That Ball State team would crush this Liberty team.

Ball State got whipped in the next round.

I get it. Your point is true that we won by 50+ points many times in the 1st round to these 14/15/16 seeds when Pat was coaching. But what's clear is that we aren't as good as we were then. Not *all* of that falls on the coach. There are a ton of factors.

My point is just that in basketball, especially in the modern age, almost anything is possible.

The ladies are up 18 points now, so they're pulling away.

Reactions: 1 person
So you're now all-knowing about a team you didn't even know we lost to 5min ago? :lol:

Ummm.
I said I knew we lost to them. I remember it.
Please read my posts again.
I couldn’t remember if it was first round, though.
I’m not all knowing.
But, I’m old and have played and watched a ton of basketball, have coached some and reffed some.
We are in no way a fundamentally sound team and Holly (who I really like personally) does not get the most out of our talent.

If you disagree and think that she does, that’s cool.
This is a message board to share divergent opinions.

Reactions: 3 people
It's 80-48 now.

So if you're still embarrassed over that score, I assure you the LV's wouldn't miss that kind of fair-weathered support. Maybe instead of living in the 80's and 90's, you can try a bit of positive-minded thinking before tearing this team down when they aren't always playing sharp.

Reactions: 8 people
It's 80-48 now.

So if you're still embarrassed over that score, I assure you the LV's wouldn't miss that kind of fair-weathered support. Maybe instead of living in the 80's and 90's, you can try a bit of positive-minded thinking before tearing this team down when they aren't always playing sharp.

:cray: :no: :snoring:

by this performance.

We just do.

Winning by 30... what more do you want?

Reactions: 3 people
:cray: :no: :snoring:

Look, I'm not even kissing Holly's butt here, I'm pretty critical of her sometimes. But the blame for UT losing early in the tourney lately, or finishing middle of the pack in the SEC rests on multiple people's shoulders, not just hers.

It just doesn't serve any purpose to wax poetic about 1997 when we were blowing teams out by 60-70 points. The game is different. Recruiting is different. The players are all different. The AD is different. The coach is different.

100-59 is the score now. So it just irks me when someone gets embarrassed over a sloppy start like it's entirely Holly's fault they couldn't hit any 3's or FT's in the first half.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back