Direct TV showing entire Lady Vols game?

mcannon1

Direct TV, channel 789, Friday, 1:45 - 4:10 p.m. central time, shows Liberty vs Tennessee!!!!

Hope this is accurate. It's shown on the on screen guide.

Lady vol basketball? Yeah, you're right it's very sad. With all due respect to Pat Summitt this place is no more than a shrine to her anymore, a museum if you will. Lady Vols are just a name anymore with some history attached.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
as far as I can see, this forum is titled "Tennessee Lady Vols" not the pat Summit forum so yes, you are putting down the team and players.

Reactions: 7 people
And yet another thread that is just FAHR HOLLY by some part-part-time fan. What's sad is that they are hoping to get rid of Holly, but are more likely to just shut this forum down from lack of intelligent discourse.

Reactions: 6 people
And yet another thread that is just FAHR HOLLY by some part-part-time fan. What's sad is that they are hoping to get rid of Holly, but are more likely to just shut this forum down from lack of intelligent discourse.

Let's have an intelligent conversation, shall we?

First, just because one doesn't support the head coach doesn't mean they don't support the players.

Second, what has Holly done to deserve to stay here? Because it was Summitts wish? She's has let a once proud program be passed over not only nationally but in conference as well.

Third, part time fan, negavol whatever you want to call me I however don't coach worship.

In women's basketball there is Uconn, the rest of the top 5 and then everyone else. Tennessee is now everyone else, the girls UT is recruiting today were 7-8 years old the last time Tennessee won a natty. You think they remember that? Tennessee is a everyone else in the women's basketball world now and it will only continue the down spiral until someone acknowledges the issue. I compare the lady vols to Notre dame football, all history and nothing more.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, some of our fans just don't get it. Or maybe they're just naturally rude and don't care to get it. This thread has NOTHING to do with a coach. It was simply about the game being on TV. You don't care to watch? Don't watch it.

But once again a few of our faithful fans hijack the thread, telling everybody what they've said hundreds of times, bringing nothing relevant to the thread, not even bringing anything new at all, just like they do in pretty much every thread posted.

Don't you think people get tired of this expert opinion stated over and over again? Nevermind, you clearly don't give a hoot about anything or anybody but yourselves. No wonder people question whether or not some of you are true fans.

Reactions: 8 people
Unfortunately, some of our fans just don't get it. Or maybe they're just naturally rude and don't care to get it. This thread has NOTHING to do with a coach. It was simply about the game being on TV. You don't care to watch? Don't watch it.

But once again a few of our faithful fans hijack the thread, telling everybody what they've said hundreds of times, bringing nothing relevant to the thread, not even bringing anything new at all, just like they do in pretty much every thread posted.

Don't you think people get tired of this expert opinion stated over and over again? Nevermind, you clearly don't give a hoot about anything or anybody but yourselves. No wonder people question whether or not some of you are true fans.

Isn't a message board where you share your opinion? It was about watching a game on tv until someone made the assumption that the game would be a blow out or even worth watching.

So it's ok to change the topic as long as it stays in the range of topics you agree with. Had I come on here singing Holly's praises all you sheep would have joined in and sang back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Let's have an intelligent conversation, shall we?

First, just because one doesn't support the head coach doesn't mean they don't support the players.

Second, what has Holly done to deserve to stay here? Because it was Summitts wish? She's has let a once proud program be passed over not only nationally but in conference as well.

Third, part time fan, negavol whatever you want to call me I however don't coach worship.

In women's basketball there is Uconn, the rest of the top 5 and then everyone else. Tennessee is now everyone else, the girls UT is recruiting today were 7-8 years old the last time Tennessee won a natty. You think they remember that? Tennessee is a everyone else in the women's basketball world now and it will only continue the down spiral until someone acknowledges the issue. I compare the lady vols to Notre dame football, all history and nothing more.

Despite the fact that your reply seemed more like a snarky retort than an attempt at intelligent conversation, I'll just say this:

First, not supporting the coach is technically not supporting the team. I am 100% sure the players would agree with me on this.

Second, Holly's merit as an employee of the University is not our concern.

I could list numerous reasons why she, IMO, "deserve(s) the right to stay here." But I've listed those over and over, and either you don't read them or more likely don't care. You seem to want to ignore any good that's being done and bash because Pat Summitt is dead.

Our program is not passed over. I would explain why and list metrics of success and show that we had similar lows at times even under Pat. But I've listed those over and over, and...

Third, no one I've seen here is a coach worshipper...whatever that is. You seem to think that because you type some negative judgements on a message board that you are somehow strong and better for it. The point of being a fan is support, not criticism.

As for the ending saying we are just history, that's not true at all. No we haven't won a natty in a decade, but that also happened from 1998-2007. We seemed to recover just fine. You seem to imply that we are just history and that today's players won't know our history and will stay away. The top recruiting classes would seem to say otherwise. Top players and their informed parents have more confidence in TN than some of our long-time "fans".

Reactions: 7 people
Isn't a message board where you share your opinion? It was about watching a game on tv until someone made the assumption that the game would be a blow out or even worth watching.

So it's ok to change the topic as long as it stays in the range of topics you agree with. Had I come on here singing Holly's praises all you sheep would have joined in and sang back up.

Because singing praises is what fans do. Sharing your negative opinions does not make you the voice of reason in our vast wilderness of ignorance.

Baaa. 🐏

Despite the fact that your reply seemed more like a snarky retort than an attempt at intelligent conversation, I'll just say this:

First, not supporting the coach is technically not supporting the team. I am 100% sure the players would agree with me on this.

Second, Holly's merit as an employee of the University is not our concern.

I could list numerous reasons why she, IMO, "deserve(s) the right to stay here." But I've listed those over and over, and either you don't read them or more likely don't care. You seem to want to ignore any good that's being done and bash because Pat Summitt is dead.

Our program is not passed over. I would explain why and list metrics of success and show that we had similar lows at times even under Pat. But I've listed those over and over, and...

Third, no one I've seen here is a coach worshipper...whatever that is. You seem to think that because you type some negative judgements on a message board that you are somehow strong and better for it. The point of being a fan is support, not criticism.

As for the ending saying we are just history, that's not true at all. No we haven't won a natty in a decade, but that also happened from 1998-2007. We seemed to recover just fine. You seem to imply that we are just history and that today's players won't know our history and will stay away. The top recruiting classes would seem to say otherwise. Top players and their informed parents have more confidence in TN than some of our long-time "fans".

Intelligent discussion......bah humbug !!

Volsfaninva917ch

a recent post from this "intelligent conversationalist" on the men's basketball board - we're a basketball school now! and therefore he can now leave the football board, the men's basketball board and show his intelligence in putting down . because after all if is intelligent.

Volsfaninva917ch

a recent post from this "intelligent conversationalist" on the men's basketball board - we're a basketball school now! and therefore he can now leave the football board, the men's basketball board and show his intelligence in putting down . because after all if is intelligent.

What did I say in that forum that wasn't intelligent?

Last edited:
Dammit, I'll have to subscribe to that channel 789 on direct tv to watch the game, more money, :(

no thanks, I'll just watch it on the net. :(

VN Store

Back