Are you a homer?

Wowwwwwww 😞😞😞 It’s a sad day in Vol Nation when threads like this, no substance, are being created.

Reactions: 10 people
Yes, if you pick Tennessee to win over UCONN!

Can we even go past Baylor?

Wouldn’t that mean that TN made it not only to a final four but also a national championship game? Which would be an accomplishment in itself? Maybe I am a homer if I get excited of the thought we get that far 🤔 not saying we will but the thought does intrigue me hmmmmmmm

Reactions: 3 people
Wouldn’t that mean that TN made it not only to a final four but also a national championship game? Which would be an accomplishment in itself? Maybe I am a homer if I get excited of the thought we get that far 🤔 not saying we will but the thought does intrigue me hmmmmmmm

After the home games, beating Baylor will be as tough as beating Mississippi State!

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee has a better chance of losing to Liberty than making a final 4 under Holly. Time to wake up, Lady Vol basketball is mediocre at best anymore

Reactions: 12 people
Where else could you have a mediocre season, finishing middle of the pack in the SEC, and get 2 home games in the NCAA tournament? Bring in 3 or 4 McDonalds All Americans again this year and do it again. Being the head coach of UT women is a great job!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm a realist, and I try to give honest opinions about whatever is happening with tge Lady Vols. And sometimes the truth is hard to hear -- and speak.

That said, at Tournament time I'm a homer who shifts into fan mode who tries to will the team to victory with my special mental powers and a plethora of good-luck charms and rituals.

I also am not opposed to curbing any painful honesty at Tournament time if I need to to keep the positive-only energy flowing. So, YES! Tennessee can, and will, beat all comers!!! :good!:

It worries me that we so rarely see our young women come out looking to BEAT someone. I think they need to know they have something to PROVE!

I dislike Geno but fully respect and would give my left nut if Holly was doing what he has done. But she never will. Nor will anyone. But she will never win a head to head with him.

Reactions: 4 people
I dislike Geno but fully respect and would give my left nut if Holly was doing what he has done. But she never will. Nor will anyone. But she will never win a head to head with him.

Agreed on all issues! We should but wont even get to Baylor. I dislike GA and KM about as much as any two coaches in anything but beating either will not happen for a long time with the status quo. JMHO:)

Where else could you have a mediocre season, finishing middle of the pack in the SEC, and get 2 home games in the NCAA tournament? Bring in 3 or 4 McDonalds All Americans again this year and do it again. Being the head coach of UT women is a great job!

The Lady Vols get to host the first two rounds of the tournament just about every year because of two reasons. The size of Thompson Boling arena and the size of their passionate fan base. It's not about the quality of play any more.

Reactions: 3 people

If the Lady Vols make it to the final four, and beat UCONN hell will be solid ice and the Devil will be on ice skates. The Lady Vols making it to theRlite 8 will be one hell of an accomplishment.

Last edited:
It wouldn't surprise me if TN wins their first two games. In the past, during DD play, the team cranked it up a little and played much better ball. We shall see....

The Lady Vols get to host the first two rounds of the tournament just about every year because of two reasons. The size of Thompson Boling arena and the size of their passionate fan base. It's not about the quality of play any more.

That's just not true. Their #9 RPI and #8 SOS is why the LVs are hosting this year. They played a tougher schedule than most and have more quality wins than most, which is why they held on to the 3 seed, despite the inexplicable losses. ND is a 1 seed instead of Baylor for the same reason-- #1 RPI and #1 SOS. Mulkey and Frese downgraded their scheduling and their seeding went down, too.

Other teams received more preferential seeding than UT. One more win and a more positive perception and they'd probably be a 2 seed.

Reactions: 5 people
That's just not true. Their #9 RPI and #8 SOS is why the LVs are hosting this year. They played a tougher schedule than most and have more quality wins than most, which is why they held on to the 3 seed, despite the inexplicable losses. ND is a 1 seed instead of Baylor for the same reason-- #1 RPI and #1 SOS. Mulkey and Frese downgraded their scheduling and their seeding went down, too.

Other teams received more preferential seeding than UT. One more win and a more positive perception and they'd probably be a 2 seed.

I wasn't trying to imply they host because they're UT. They host because of the venue size and chance for highest attendance. It's not a slam on UT, it's a slam on the women's selection committee. If it was based on RPI and SOS, why is Georgia hosting with a RPI of 26 and a SOS of 51? South Florida should be hosting with 14 RPI and 24 SOS instead of Ga. How do you think Duke must feel?

Last edited:
Wow don't post much in the LV forum and I think its because of all the misery...its even sadder here than in the football forum:ermm:

I wasn't trying to imply they host because they're UT. They host because of the venue size and chance for highest attendance. It's not a slam on UT, it's a slam on the women's selection committee. If it was based on RPI and SOS, why is Georgia hosting with a RPI of 26 and a SOS of 51? South Florida should be hosting with 14 RPI and 24 SOS instead of Ga. How do you think Duke must feel?

I think Duke probably feels motivated to beat UGA.

I was merely pointing out that the LVs earned the right to host this year based on their play-- not their facilities. If capacity and attendance drive hosting, the LVs should have hosted last year, too. Their RPI (18) and SOS (8) last year were more favorable than others-- and more favorable than UGA's this year. The LVs don't receive preferential seeding for any reason-- not anymore.

Perhaps UGA's facilities, fanbase and proliferation of homer analysts that play up their success factored into their seeding this year. IDK. It's trying to make sense out of the nonsensical when it comes to the selection committee.

We would lose by 30+ points to UConn.

And no we won't beat Baylor, assuming we can get past Oregon State.

Honestly I'm a little surprised that FF talk still exists within the LV fanbase. I conceded that a long time ago. We've gotten so close with better teams than this one, playing teams we should beat, and choked every time.

VN Store

Back