Game Thread Lady Vols in NCAA Tournament,game 1

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 5 people
The only common opponent is James Madison!

Liberty 47 vs James Madison 58
UT 89 vs James Madison 60

Not saying it matters ? BUT

Reactions: 1 person
I played ball at Liberty, so I'm going with them to beat lady vols.

We win this one, not as big as we are capable, never the less talent will prevail. We win both games at TBS and March on. We make it easily into the Sweet 16. Making it to the Elite 8 will be more difficult. At that point we will either need good luck & talent or good coaching & talent. I suggest we pray for good luck and talent. Russell will have to become the player everyone sugggested she would be, for four quarters. Nared and Davis will need an outstanding game along with Westbrook. We will need Jackson’s defense and her three point shooting capabilities. Hayes will need to show her ability to dribble drive and put pressure on the other team’s down low defense. However, if we can’t protect the paint, though everyone plays a great game, we barely miss the Elite 8.

They could play street ball and out-talent Liberty. After that, it depends on how the FR handle the bright lights of tournament time, how Holly handles the minutes and how much effort and motivation the players bring. If MR plays too many minutes early, she'll wear down. The wild card is Westbrook. We need her to be the player she was against Stanford, but lately, she's been a non-factor. Can she get her game back?

We win this one, not as big as we are capable, never the less talent will prevail. We win both games at TBS and March on. We make it easily into the Sweet 16. Making it to the Elite 8 will be more difficult. At that point we will either need good luck & talent or good coaching & talent. I suggest we pray for good luck and talent. Russell will have to become the player everyone sugggested she would be, for four quarters. Nared and Davis will need an outstanding game along with Westbrook. We will need Jackson’s defense and her three point shooting capabilities. Hayes will need to show her ability to dribble drive and put pressure on the other team’s down low defense. However, if we can’t protect the paint, though everyone plays a great game, we barely miss the Elite 8.

Time out(s)

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee (24-7) will play No. 13 seed Liberty (24-9), the champions of the Big South, at Thompson-Boling Arena on Friday (TV: ESPN2, 2:30 p.m).

UT was slotted as a No. 3 seed in the Lexington, Ky.

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

defense and ball control,do it Lady Vols :good!:

as all ways go Lady Vols :clapping:

Is the entire game being broadcast, or is it whip-around coverage with a bunch of other games?
And if it's being whipped around on ESPN2, will it be streamed on WatchESPN? Usually broadcast games aren't available on WatchESPN until they're archived.

These last 3 days have been brutal on Volnation without our fix of basketball, all the back and forth between the two forums. Let's hope today begins a week of unity and joy for Volnation that carries us through to the sweet 16 for both.

Amen and amen !!

Is the entire game being broadcast, or is it whip-around coverage with a bunch of other games?
And if it's being whipped around on ESPN2, will it be streamed on WatchESPN? Usually broadcast games aren't available on WatchESPN until they're archived.

beats me :)

:thud:
I played ball at Liberty, so I'm going with them to beat lady vols.

Personal question that you are absolutely not required to answer.
I’ve always wondered if those that go to politically conservative religious affiliated schools like Liberty are expected to share the same religious and political philosophy. Or, are divergent ideas and philosophies tolerated or even encouraged?

This is for ESPN2 only. You can watch full coverage for each game on ESPN3/WatchESPN. I am watching WKU/ORST right now and I am in Ohio.

ORST is good in shooting the 3S! Holly needs to learn that it's okay to shoot the 3S!

VN Store

Back