Monday Selection Show

clkou

This is the least motivated I've been for the bracket reveal and our chances since the 2008-2009 season. Hopefully they pull a rabbit out of their hat and prove me wrong. I'm expecting a 4 seed and unfortunately I think the odds are better they DON'T make the Sweet 16 than they DO make the Elite 8. But, hopefully they will at LEAST make the Sweet 16.

Question about seeding. The overall 1 will be UCONN. Does this mean the overall 2,3,4 etc will be in uconn’s bracket?

Espn has us as a 3 seed, but could be a 4. If we face a team with experienced backcourt players, we may not make it out of Knoxville.

That"s right. Buddy Holly has had two weeks to cement lasting bonds with the players. They could've taken in the latest blockbuster, signed yearbooks, shopped for eyewear, etc.

But not much time to attend a practice session where Rick Barnes is teaching team defense to the men's team....

Reactions: 3 people
That"s right. Buddy Holly has had two weeks to cement lasting bonds with the players. They could've taken in the latest blockbuster, signed yearbooks, shopped for eyewear, etc.

But not much time to attend a practice session where Rick Barnes is teaching team defense to the men's team....

1000 shots a day!

Question about seeding. The overall 1 will be UCONN. Does this mean the overall 2,3,4 etc will be in uconn’s bracket?

Espn has us as a 3 seed, but could be a 4. If we face a team with experienced backcourt players, we may not make it out of Knoxville.

Ideally the number one seed overall would get the worst number 2 seed in their bracket and the worst number 4 seed because they deserve the easiest path. However due to geography and trying to maximize attendance and ticket sales, that doesn't always happen.

I wonder if the men will beat Alabama this year? Or if the next Senator elected in my State will take away my guns.
Excuse me
on this Board we're suppose to be negative about "women" because not only do they have women players but also a woman's coach.
signed white bread

Reactions: 2 people
I’m hoping for a UCONN match up as well. I think it’s one of the few things that may get this fan base and admin disgusted enough to call for a change. Because UCONN would certainly crush us, and I have no doubt that Geno and Co would find enjoyment in it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't get people wanting the LVs to be seeded in the UConn bracket in the hope UT will be publicly humiliated. You think shaming the university, the program and the players serves any productive purpose? Why not support the team through the tournament and see how Fulmer responds after the season ends?

Reactions: 12 people
I don't get people wanting the LVs to be seeded in the UConn bracket in the hope UT will be publicly humiliated. You think shaming the university, the program and the players serves any productive purpose? Why not support the team through the tournament and see how Fulmer responds after the season ends?

Its not about shaming them. The majority of the fanbase thinks because they win 25 games that we have not fallen that far. They need an awakening. This team may have firepower. But they lack a teacher.

It matters not what seed the LV receive tonight, I expect a Sweet 16 appearance and out as a best case scenario.

Its not about shaming them. The majority of the fanbase thinks because they win 25 games that we have not fallen that far. They need an awakening. This team may have firepower. But they lack a teacher.

I think most people-- UT fans and otherwise-- see how far the LVs have fallen and IDT any UT fan is happy about it. Most supporters have felt-- painfully-- every hard drop down the ladder. Analysts highlight the shortcomings every single game. Former players tweet about it. Everybody knows things need to change, including Fulmer.

But wanting the team to take a beating in the NCAAT in no way helps the program or reflects positively on the university. Certainly, it doesn't help the morale and confidence of the players or benefit recruiting. Hoping the team fails to get rid of a coach is a slippery slope.

It matters not what seed the LV receive tonight, I expect a Sweet 16 appearance and out as a best case scenario.

Can you even fathom this thought.

The UT lady Vols...S16 and out...as a BEST case scenario

We have two pre-season picks for All-SEC first team, Three MC-D AA's and a fourth that could have been for our incoming freshmen class. Peppered in with a speed-guard, a power-player, a gunner and Harris.

For me:
E8 minimum.
F4 expected.
Anything more than this..."cake"

Last edited:
I think most people-- UT fans and otherwise-- see how far the LVs have fallen and IDT any UT fan is happy about it. Most supporters have felt-- painfully-- every hard drop down the ladder. Analysts highlight the shortcomings every single game. Former players tweet about it. Everybody knows things need to change, including Fulmer.

But wanting the team to take a beating in the NCAAT in no way helps the program or reflects positively on the university. Certainly, it doesn't help the morale and confidence of the players or benefit recruiting. Hoping the team fails to get rid of a coach is a slippery slope.

My point isnt about the team. Its those Holly supporters who think we are still final four caliber. And there are tons of them.

With the right match ups this team has enough juice in spurts for another E8. I would say S16 is nearly certain though. It's all about match ups after those 1st 2 games. If they run into a team that plays all man or that can't handle MR then E8 it is.

With the right match ups this team has enough juice in spurts for another E8. I would say S16 is nearly certain though. It's all about match ups after those 1st 2 games. If they run into a team that plays all man or that can't handle MR then E8 it is.

Yes and with the wrong matchups this team has the lack of juice to even get to the S16. I think they should with any matchup just about but what do i know. It is not more than 3 or 4 players on this team that could survive a week of RB. :crazy:

well, I just want the best for the team and hope they go a long way, and, as always...

PS. I love surprises...:)

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you even fathom this thought.

The UT lady Vols...S16 and out...as a BEST case scenario

We have two pre-season picks for All-SEC first team, Three MC-D AA's and a fourth that could have been for our incoming freshmen class. Peppered in with a speed-guard, a power-player, a gunner and Harris.

For me:
E8 minimum.
F4 expected.
Anything more than this..."cake"

Yeah, like UK men. How can a good coach have all those hs all-everythings, and lose 10 games this year, 8 conference games? He needs to go.

VN Store

Back