SEC championship

Undercovervol

watching the SEC championship today, and the difference between these two teams and us is startling, just in the competitive nature of each team.
Those of you who continue to defend Holly, you are the problem.
Forget about all of our basketball problems: we simply don't compete like these top teams. That's what it comes down to. Then, when you compare us to teams like ND, Louisville, Baylor, and UCONN, the difference compounds.
Holly has had ample opportunity (6 years) to continue what CPS began and continue the LV legacy and produce results. She has not.
For comparison, Vic Shaeffer has taken State from bottom dweller to UCONN beater and the national championship game in 5 years.
It's time for a change, volnation.

Reactions: 10 people
I would love to be a fly on the wall in States locker room at half time. I wonder if he stays wired in the locker room.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Dawn has got the voodoo going Miss St can't make an open shot either. Not really the defense they are just missing like we did.

Reactions: 2 people
If they stick with Holly, odds are that this will continue to be the result. Some are fine with it. I'm not. With Holly as the head coach with JUST her players (none of Pat's) starting in the 2015-2016 season, the Lady Vols have been seeded #7, #5, and #7 in the SEC tournament. All 3 championship games in the tournament during this 3 year span have been South Carolina vs. Mississippi State.

You can't say Tennessee didn't have the players to compete. They had, on paper, every bit the team if not more than South Carolina and Mississippi State every year.

The difference is the coaching.

Reactions: 5 people
If they stick with Holly, odds are that this will continue to be the result. Some are fine with it. I'm not. With Holly as the head coach with JUST her players (none of Pat's) starting in the 2015-2016 season, the Lady Vols have been seeded #7, #5, and #7 in the SEC tournament. All 3 championship games in the tournament during this 3 year span have been South Carolina vs. Mississippi State.

You can't say Tennessee didn't have the players to compete. They had, on paper, every bit the team if not more than South Carolina and Mississippi State every year.

The difference is the coaching.

You said it all.

Reactions: 6 people
Vic just called a timeout and lit up the team for giving up a wide open 3. Reminded me of Pat.

Ty Harris is really good for SC. I hope our freshman guards improve like Harris has from freshman to sophomore year.

Reactions: 3 people
SC gonna win again Miss St looked a lot like us today missed a lot of layups and wide open shots. Schaeffer's daughter shoots a high percentage on three couldn't make any today.

Someone put Franklin Pierce on suicide watch! Overrated Staley and her non-white lineup just won yet another championship.....

watching the SEC championship today, and the difference between these two teams and us is startling, just in the competitive nature of each team.
Those of you who continue to defend Holly, you are the problem.
Forget about all of our basketball problems: we simply don't compete like these top teams. That's what it comes down to. Then, when you compare us to teams like ND, Louisville, Baylor, and UCONN, the difference compounds.
Holly has had ample opportunity (6 years) to continue what CPS began and continue the LV legacy and produce results. She has not.
For comparison, Vic Shaeffer has taken State from bottom dweller to UCONN beater and the national championship game in 5 years.
It's time for a change, volnation.

Dawn is a lucky coach. she's not far better than Holly..She just know how to use a post player.

When we had a stud(Parker/Holdsclaw/Gordon) we kicked A** & took names. Dawn has her studette.

I think Dawn is in to Voodoo haven't seen teams miss this many wide open easy shots against a team in a long time. I guess she was sticking pins in those Russell and McCown etc dolls they couldn't shoot a lick in this tourney.

We beat SC twice this year. My hat's off to SC for winning this SEC Tournament.
Miss. St lost one game this year & that was this game....lot of crying going on for State for dropping the egg today.

I think the win helped SC avoid the number 2 in the UConn bracket. I think they could end up being with Oregon if they win today to Notre Dame.

Speaking of UConn....anybody out there that can hang w/them? Baylor looks strong this year.

I think Baylor could have if Kristy Wallace hadn't been injured. Now, I don't think so, but maybe--they still have strong guard play, but now they're sans a point guard. They still have the most elite front court in the country and will likely make the final four. If they do meet UCONN, UCONN could have major trouble with Cox/Brown, but I think UCONN still wins.

Now that Baylor is not full strength, I don't think any team can stop UCONN this year. Notre Dame doesn't have it, Louisville doesn't, USC doesn't...State looked lost today on offense. That type of play won't beat UCONN. Maybe if TX got hot, they could pull an upset with athleticism.
I'm not sure who can stop UCONN from #12. Certainly not us.

Dawn is a lucky coach. she's not far better than Holly..She just know how to use a post player.

Luck doesn't win 4 regular season titles, 4 tournament titles (the most in a row of any SEC team) and a National Championship in the last 5 years.

Reactions: 6 people
Ty Harris is really good for SC. I hope our freshman guards improve like Harris has from freshman to sophomore year.

I wouldn't count on it. This staff hasn't developed anyone. Many of our players have shown signs of digressing over the years.

In with the New! - The South Carolina Gamecocks

Now this is a coach > Dawn Staley an Olympian!

I didn't see this coming. Congrats Gamecocks 2018 SEC CHAMPS!

#HollyGottaGoNow :yes:

She IS far better than Holly. Dawn came into a program that nobody was really looking at, it was completely irrelevant and turned it around, quickly. Holly has come into an elite program and brought it down the opposite way! I hate it when fans put down others to try and elevate their team's coaches, players, etc. I see it with people wanting to put down A'ja Wilson because she played remarkably against Tenn. and Miss. State. Salty bitterness all around.

Reactions: 7 people
She IS far better than Holly. Dawn came into a program that nobody was really looking at, it was completely irrelevant and turned it around, quickly. Holly has come into an elite program and brought it down the opposite way! I hate it when fans put down others to try and elevate their team's coaches, players, etc. I see it with people wanting to put down A'ja Wilson because she played remarkably against Tenn. and Miss. State. Salty bitterness all around.

4 regular season titles, 4 tournament titles (the most in a row of any SEC team) and a National Championship in the last 5 years. If this hardware and the rings to go with it were in Knoxville instead of Columbia nobody on this board would be calling for Holly's head.

We beat SC twice this year. My hat's off to SC for winning this SEC Tournament.
Miss. St lost one game this year & that was this game....lot of crying going on for State for dropping the egg today.

The ONLY reason LV beat USCe twice was because Aja didn't play in either contest. She played 19 minutes in the Tournament game & Holly's girls wilted. :unsure:

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back