Sign of the apocalypse

Texas

Another sign of the decimation of the Lady Vol standards. The first charge taken of the season comes in the playoffs. That’s terrible defense and lazy a** defense.

Reactions: 3 people
Another sign of the decimation of the Lady Vol standards. The first charge taken of the season comes in the playoffs. That’s terrible defense and lazy a** defense.

Well to be factually accurate it was the last game of the regular season by Cheridene Green and she got two charges. I agree, we have team speed and should have been beating people to the spot and drawing more charges instead of always reaching in or going for the block. You were close though!

Reactions: 4 people
Well to be factually accurate it was the last game of the regular season by Cheridene Green and she got two charges. I agree, we have team speed and should have been beating people to the spot and drawing more charges instead of always reaching in or going for the block. You were close though!

What is disheartening is this is six years and the players,,,(Green,Mercedes , Annie) are just now starting to draw charging fouls!!!!!!!!! The last game of the season..... Did we just now learn and add this defensive tactic????? 🤔

At least we don't have a reputation of being "floppers."

Is it my imagination, or has there been less of that this year in the SEC?

This can't be accurate is it.... ?

Maybe the coaching staff does not want them taking charges for fear of injury. Taking charges are part of the game and can be great momentum swings.

they taken plenty of charges, but because a toenail was touching a line or some such silly rule, it was called a foul. :(

Wish they'd let defense be played again.

Reactions: 2 people
No. I haven't said a word about HOLLY or the program. You can quote me if I have.

picture.php

At least we don't have a reputation of being "floppers."

Is it my imagination, or has there been less of that this year in the SEC?
You have to get in front of someone to take a charge. They let them go by for a lay-up. Way to go Holly!!!

Maybe the coaching staff does not want them taking charges for fear of injury. Taking charges are part of the game and can be great momentum swings.

It is so strang, perhaps the coaching staff does not want the players taking charges, Russell is not aggressive because she might foul out, the team does not set picks because that is not how they play offense, maybe the coaches are not what the Lady Vols need to make this a viable program capable of reaching the final 4.

It is so strang, perhaps the coaching staff does not want the players taking charges, Russell is not aggressive because she might foul out, the team does not set picks because that is not how they play offense, maybe the coaches are not what the Lady Vols need to make this a viable program capable of reaching the final 4.

They're not taught to take it and end correctly, therefor they're reluctant to do so...Most every charge I saw this season (what few there were...) ended with the taker falling backwards and using their hands to catch themselves instead of butt-sliding. I saw most of the charges taken ending with the player's shoulders leading in the back-fall....Done properly, you absorb the impact in the mid-section and chest, and immediately after impact, throw your butt back to land on....You have to teach them how to fall!

If you don't teach it properly,, you will never get em to take a charge

VN Store

Back