Fans Have Higher Expectations Than Administration

Decker Moss

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
John Adams can kick rocks. I don't care what he is writing or if I agree or disagree. To Hell with any points that worthless slug makes. Anyone who reads his garbage is stupider for having read it. I'd LIKE to leave him. Right next door to ISIS headquarters would be perfect.

Reactions: 9 people
He's putting the truth out there. Pat set the high standards for the LVs program. Her goals were aggressive and she would accept no less. UTAD will be content to set the bar much lower-- as evidenced by the other marquee sports.

Why does UT softball excel? The Weeklys set higher standards and demand their players achieve at a higher level. Our best coaches elevate the standards of their programs. We need more of them.

Reactions: 6 people
someone tell John Adams that we already knew this a long time ago.

Someone tell TNnative that his love for Holly is not healthy to say the least.

Take your medicine TNnative than read this
"The current team has two All-SEC-caliber players in Jaime Nared and Mercedes Russell, and freshmen from the nation's No. 1-ranked recruiting class. A team with that much talent had no business losing to Alabama at home or blowing a 23-point lead in a loss to Notre Dame."
The truth hurts. This is why Holly needs not coach the Lady Vols anymore. She's terrible at it.

Reactions: 5 people
Adams is an idiot, but he made a good point that Tenn wouldn't pay a better coach the millions that it would take to bring him/her to Knoxville. Is that what we were supposed to read?

"The current team has two All-SEC-caliber players in Jaime Nared and Mercedes Russell, and freshmen from the nation's No. 1-ranked recruiting class. A team with that much talent had no business losing to Alabama at home or blowing a 23-point lead in a loss to Notre Dame."
The truth hurts. This is why Holly needs not coach the Lady Vols anymore. She's terrible at it.

Yes, no team with great talent has EVER blown a 23 point lead or lost to an unranked team. :huh:

Reactions: 3 people
Yes, no team with great talent has EVER blown a 23 point lead or lost to an unranked team. :huh:

Of course they have- and if I remember correctly, during the broadcast they showed a graphic highlighting some or the top five greatest comeback wins from such a large deficit and sadly we made that list in an embarrassing way on ESPN with a national audience watching. There's no positive way to view that epic collapse.

Reactions: 1 person
He's putting the truth out there. Pat set the high standards for the LVs program. Her goals were aggressive and she would accept no less. UTAD will be content to set the bar much lower-- as evidenced by the other marquee sports.

Why does UT softball excel? The Weeklys set higher standards and demand their players achieve at a higher level. Our best coaches elevate the standards of their programs. We need more of them.
How many championships have they won? Please

Reactions: 2 people
The truth is UT administration loves to wallow in mediocrity

The one thing Adams points out is that over the last two years Holly has had 21 All Americans on her team but has really underachieved on the big stage. However, to bring in a top coach would cost the Administration more than they are willing to pay. It is a lot easier to pay Holly less and see McDonald All Americans underachieve.

No matter how much Holly Kool Aid drinkers want to blame the players, the blame rest with Holly. If she is too weak to develop, motivate and inspire players to play up to their potential she should do the program a favor and step down. But you and I know that will never happen.

Reactions: 7 people
The one thing Adams points out is that over the last two years Holly has had 21 All Americans on her team but has really underachieved on the big stage. However, to bring in a top coach would cost the Administration more than they are willing to pay. It is a lot easier to pay Holly less and see McDonald All Americans underachieve.

No matter how much Holly Kool Aid drinkers want to blame the players, the blame rest with Holly. If she is too weak to develop, motivate and inspire players to play up to their potential she should do the program a favor and step down. But you and I know that will never happen.

This needs to repeated once every hour.

I have said this before. The UT AD needs to follow the example of the Miss. State AD. That is, look for a top strategic assistant coach at a reasonable winning program. This type of assistant coach will not cost as much as an established head coach. Holly was an assistant coach under Pat but not a top strategic assistant.

Hey TJ, take a 5 pound suppository to clear your mind. I can't stand Holly, but if I have to use that twit Adams as ammo against her, forget it. Maybe you need to get on board with reading comprehension. Everybody else got what I was saying but you.

Reactions: 2 people

The softball program is arguably no more successful than our women's basketball.

Getting to the World Series is really only the Elite 8. Holly's done that several times.

WBB has won a conference tournament and regular season under Holly. SB has not during that time and rarely before.

Actually, other SEC schools that came along after us have done as well or better than us... Florida, Bama, Auburn...

I'm not putting down the SB program in any way. I think it's terrific and successful and I support it fully.

But the SB program's results do not overshadow WBB.

Reactions: 4 people
Of course they have- and if I remember correctly, during the broadcast they showed a graphic highlighting some or the top five greatest comeback wins from such a large deficit and sadly we made that list in an embarrassing way on ESPN with a national audience watching. There's no positive way to view that epic collapse.

Other than to say that epic collapses happen to good and great teams every season.

Other than to say that epic collapses happen to good and great teams every season.

Not ones typically epic enough that they make top 5 in the history books. Yes there are always those games every year but not the 30 point swing that was witnessed.

Truth hurts sometimes. This Admin has NO desire to be the BEST at anything besides whatever political affront they can protest. May as well turn Neyland into transgender festival plaza.

John Adams - I could take him or leave him. But he just wrote a brutal yet honest article. Of course, people who disagree will talk about how much they hate him and not the points he discusses in his article.

Lady Vols: Fans have higher expectations than UT administration does

I normally lead the charge to trash Ward but he couldn't be more spot on here. The truth hurts. I live in CT. To see the UConn womens program continued excellence hurts. What hurts the most however, is to hear UConn fans not even care or talk about the Lady Vols anymore, we aren't even in the same stratosphere as them --- and they are correct.

We have more resources than most if not all for women's basketball. We have the facilities. We have the fan base...and unlike football and someother programs we STILL attract the top talent in the nation (#1 class last year). Absolutely no excuses. Need a change.

John Adams can kick rocks. I don't care what he is writing or if I agree or disagree. To Hell with any points that worthless slug makes. Anyone who reads his garbage is stupider for having read it. I'd LIKE to leave him. Right next door to ISIS headquarters would be perfect.

I think under the parakeets is more fitting.😉

I think under the parakeets is more fitting.😉

You must be a bird hater.

I tried that once. The parrot spent two weeks at the vet for some kind of severe avian diarrhea, the bill was enormous, and I still get threatening calls from members of PETA. Even now, anytime the bird sees me with the newspaper, his head spins around and his utterances sound like Linda Blair in, "The Exorcist."

It is not, I repeat, NOT, "more fitting."

VN Store

Back