Women’s SEC Tournament games thread

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I think we need a thread for those planning to watch some of the other games in the tournament besides just Tennessee.

Let’s get it started with Arkansas and Vandy.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm picking Arkansas and Florida in round 1.

I'm picking all the favored seeds in round 2 - Alabama, Texas A&M, Tennessee, and Missouri.

In round 3, I'm picking Miss State, Texas A&M, and Missouri. IF Wilson plays, unfortunately I think South Carolina gets a narrow victory, if Wilson sits, I pick Tennessee.

In round 4, I'm picking Miss State and either South Carolina or Tennessee.

Miss State should win the championship unless they have a bad game and their opponent has a good game.

Having said all that, I don't think Miss State has really been tested and could be vulnerable this tournament and late in the NCAA tournament. I also think seeds 2-7 are all similar teams without much difference between them and whoever wants it more and executes in ALL of those games should prevail.

If all SEC center Mercedes Russell will make the slightest attempt to rebound and go after loose balls, UT can get into the final with MS State. If not, Tenn may not get one win.

Arkansas pulling away from Vandy: 85-68 with 3:43 to go.

Final: Arkansas advances, 88-76.

Florida vs. Ole Miss up next.

Final: Arkansas advances, 88-76.

Florida vs. Ole Miss up next.

SEC country website says Arky won 88-20. I came here for the real scoop. I though 88-20 was unbelievable...

Pulling for Florida in game 2 but I dont think they'll go much further even if they win.

Last edited:
SEC country website says Arky won 88-20. I came here for the real scoop. I though 88-20 was unbelievable...

Pulling for Florida in game 2 but I dont think they'll go much further even if they win.
They’re down five right now. It’s been a brutal first half to watch.

I'd rather play any of these four teams than Auburn. But that's what a 7 seed buys ya.

If all SEC center Mercedes Russell will make the slightest attempt to rebound and go after loose balls, UT can get into the final with MS State. If not, Tenn may not get one win.

Bingo! I know that Holly will not do it, but if Russell does not give 100% effort, pull her and put in Green, even if for just a few minutes.

Reactions: 2 people
Very glad to see AR advance after being last in the SEC last year; and picked to finish last pre-season.

Glad to see Ole MS win too.

Interesting that both games were upsets, but fairly irrelevant given that both will be knocked out long before they'd meet Tenn.

Reactions: 2 people

Someone needs to challenge our players to play up to their ability for four full quarters. If Russell stops hustling and quit trying, I would bench her butt in put in Green. I would tell her that I will put her back in when she decides to play. If anyone becomes lazy and starts standing around call timeout and chide them for not playing with Lady Vol pride. However, with Holly that will never happen. She will just pat them on the butt and say good job and drink ice tea. The only way we do well in the SEC tournament is if the players decide,upon their own, to play their best. Our future is totally in the players’ hands because they are in control.

We have tickets for the entire tournament. Wednesday games not well-attended (though they brought in lots of Metro school students to fill seats for t.v. Vandy-Arky game not bad, but the Ole Miss-Florida game was awful to watch. Highlight was meeting Mickey DeMoss & she signed Pat's book for my wife. Hope LV team can beat Auburn tonight. :whistling:

Reactions: 3 people
We will have Ole Miss & Missouri fans there tonight joining us for the second session.

That is better than having Florida & Missouri fans.

Actually, I can't think of anything worse than a bunch of jort wearing, mullet heads in da house.

The hoggettes are dragging azz. A&M thumping them by 29 at the end of the 3rd.

The hoggettes are dragging azz. A&M thumping them by 29 at the end of the 3rd.

Yeah. Not a very close game. Here's to hoping Arky can put up as many total points as A&M put up in the first half... Need one more at this point.

VN Store

Back