Wow lady vols did not make first team SEC

Holly should be SEC coach of the Year.

I was thinking the same thing, especially after losing two starters, and three guards last year and playing three freshman guards in one of the toughest conference, and two wins away from being a #2 seed.

Next Coach of the Lady Vols:

Holly

Reactions: 4 people
I was thinking the same thing, especially after losing two starters, and three guards last year and playing three freshman guards in one of the toughest conference, and two wins away from being a #2 seed.

Holly

lol

Reactions: 5 people
good locker room fodder to fire them up...

GO LADY VOLS!

You'd think losing three times in a row to Alabama would be good locker room fodder to fire them up, but we saw where that went.

The least of their motivations should stem from not receiving an award they weren't deserving of. That five player first team has pretty much been set in stone for at least a month.

I would be surprised if MR was left off the coaches first team since they add 3 more players. It should be Harris, Jackson and MR.

Reactions: 1 person
McCowan, Vivians and Wilson were locks which only left 2 spots for the 5 man team. Both Russell and Nared were streaky down the stretch so can't blame the media for leaving them off. I thought Vivians should've hands down been SEC POY over Wilson. Curious to see who the coaches select.

FIRST TEAM (alphabetically)

Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M, G, 5-7, Mansfield, Texas

Sophie Cunningham, Missouri, G, 6-1, Jr., Columbia, Missouri

u-Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State, C, 6-7, Jr., Brenham, Texas

u-Victoria Vivians, Missssippi State, G, 6-1, Sr., Carthage, Mississippi

u-A'ja Wilson, South Carolina, F, 6-5, Sr., Hopkins, South Carolina

SECOND TEAM

Tyasha Harris, South Carolina, G, 5-10, Soph., Noblesville, Indiana

Chloe Jackson, LSU, G, 5-9, Jr., Upper Marlboro, Maryland

Jaime Nared, Tennessee, G/F, 6-2, Sr., Portland, Oregon

Caliya Robinson, Georgia, F, 6-3, Jr., Marietta, Georgia

Mercedes Russell, Tennessee, C, 6-6, Sr., Springfield, Oregon

Player of the year -- A'ja Wilson, South Carolina

Coach of the year -- Vic Schaefer, Mississippi State

Newcomer of the year -- u-Chennedy Carter, Texas A&M

Reactions: 2 people
LSUs guards could have replaced Chennedy Carter her because they got their team to 4th seed in the tourney and are ball hawks. I know everybody is wowed bybher scoring (which they should be) but Chloe Jackson could have easily made it over Cunningham or Carter in my opinion.

Carter is deserving of 1st team. 2nd in the league in scoring, 3rd in assists, team finished tied for 4th place. She had some bad stretches of hero ball against better teams, but overall she's been outstanding.

You'd think losing three times in a row to Alabama would be good locker room fodder to fire them up, but we saw where that went.

The least of their motivations should stem from not receiving an award they weren't deserving of. That five player first team has pretty much been set in stone for at least a month.

I would be surprised if MR was left off the coaches first team since they add 3 more players. It should be Harris, Jackson and MR.

I see your point, but was talking about Thursday's game...if the players were set in stone for a month, then the fix was in already...have to take these awards with a big grain of salt...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

LSUs guards could have replaced Chennedy Carter her because they got their team to 4th seed in the tourney and are ball hawks. I know everybody is wowed bybher scoring (which they should be) but Chloe Jackson could have easily made it over Cunningham or Carter in my opinion.

LSU, being a fourth seed with limited talents, is a miracle. Nikki should be SEC coach of the year!

I see your point, but was talking about Thursday's game...if the players were set in stone for a month, then the fix was in already...have to take these awards with a big grain of salt...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Not that it's a fix. It's that those 5 players separated themselves from the rest of the pack early in the SEC season, and maintained their spots by being consistent on a week to week basis.

"Holly should be SEC coach of the year." Is that a joke? I surely hope so...

I was thinking national coach of the year ahead of McGraw
at ND. After all Holly whipped McGraw’s butt for two quarters, no one told her you have to coach for 4 quarters.

I know a lot of fans think Russell is the greatest thing since the invention of penicillin, and well she may be, but she does not always play up to her ability. She is more talented than McGwan but seldom puts out maximum effort 4 full quarters. If Russell played up to her talent every game for 4 quarters she is 1st team All American, SEC POY, certainly no less than 2nd place POY.

Reactions: 3 people
I know a lot of fans think Russell is the greatest thing since the invention of penicillin, and well she may be, but she does not always play up to her ability. She is more talented than McGwan but seldom puts out maximum effort 4 full quarters. If Russell played up to her talent every game for 4 quarters she is 1st team All American, SEC POY, certainly no less than 2nd place POY.

Mercedes is a more skilled offensive player than Teaira, but is beneath her in every other measure. Teaira can learn more post moves, but Mercedes will never have Teaira's motor.

I think being left off the AP first team but included in the 8 person coaches list is appropriate for Mercedes.

Reactions: 3 people

Kamera Harris and Meme Jackson along with Mercedes Russell?
:naughty:

Yeah, if you aspire to be a 1st-Teamer, you better resolve to have your team higher than a seventh seed by tournament time.

I was thinking national coach of the year ahead of McGraw
at ND. After all Holly whipped McGraw’s butt for two quarters, no one told her you have to coach for 4 quarters.

Fans, pls understand the joke here. Holly should win worst coach of the yr.

Holly

Well, that was fortuitous. I just got back from Bass Pro Shop with a brand spanking new pair of hip waders. Lucky me.

VN Store

Back