LVs a #7 seed in the SEC Tourney?

Vfl2407

I just saw this on the SEC Now show on the SEC Network.
They showed what the bracket looks like before tomorrow’s games and we sit at 7 with SCarolina left to wrap regular season.
When was the last time we were ever a 7 seed or worse in the SEC tourney?
Hard to fathom. :thud:

To get the #5 seed, we need to beat SC, Bama to win at LSU, and Mizzou to win at TAMU.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Still could finish tied for 3rd and nab the #4 seed, but it looks likely we'll be in 6th or so. We need a good game against South Carolina though just for momentum entering the post season. If we lose to SC and then get bounced before the conference semis, I'm not convinced we'll get a top 4 seed.

We lose the tiebraker to LSU, Missouri, and more than likely Texas A&M. Miss St, SC, and Ga will have better records unless Ga loses to Florida and we beat SC which seems unlikely that Ga will lose.
I think we end up 7th play Auburn and the winner of that game will get a rested SC.
Really not that concerned with the SEC tourney hopefully we win but if not could use the time to get better for the NCAA where still hoping for at least an elite 8.

We lose the tiebraker to LSU, Missouri, and more than likely Texas A&M. Miss St, SC, and Ga will have better records unless Ga loses to Florida and we beat SC which seems unlikely that Ga will lose.
I think we end up 7th play Auburn and the winner of that game will get a rested SC.
Really not that concerned with the SEC tourney hopefully we win but if not could use the time to get better for the NCAA where still hoping for at least an elite 8.

How much time do we need to get better, the season is almost over.:blush:

Reactions: 6 people
Blind optimism. Watching the last 10 games it’s easy to see this team is headed for an early exit from the SEC tourney and early exit from the NCAAs

Optimism on this board is not blind,but is led by the fact that the Lady Vols have shown flashes of brilliant play. They have yet to be consistent though the potential to do so is there. What is blind is a poster who refuses to see any good points because the coach is,to him,unsuitable.

Reactions: 4 people
Holly is unsuitable as HC for the Lady Vols. After she completely demonstrates that even with the top recruits she can't win big, MAYBE she will be replaced by a top notch coach.

Reactions: 9 people
Optimism on this board is not blind,but is led by the fact that the Lady Vols have shown flashes of brilliant play. They have yet to be consistent though the potential to do so is there. What is blind is a poster who refuses to see any good points because the coach is,to him,unsuitable.

I see a team that is 7-6 over its last 13 games. I see a team that’s regressing over the season instead of improving. I see a senior led team with the once #1 recruit Russell and highly rated Nared currently in 7th place in the SEC.

I see a team that has struggled to beat the bottom dwellers in the SEC. I see nothing to suggest optimism from this team. I don’t care who the coach is - this is not acceptable.

This was Holly’s year to prove she could win with her players, and her system. If Lady Vols can’t win with this year’s team- the next few years sure aren’t bright.

Reactions: 14 people
I see a team that is 7-6 over its last 13 games. I see a team that’s regressing over the season instead of improving. I see a senior led team with the once #1 recruit Russell and highly rated Nared currently in 7th place in the SEC.

I see a team that has struggled to beat the bottom dwellers in the SEC. I see nothing to suggest optimism from this team. I don’t care who the coach is - this is not acceptable.

This was Holly’s year to prove she could win with her players, and her system. If Lady Vols can’t win with this year’s team- the next few years sure aren’t bright.

She isn’t worth a crap, if a coach can’t win with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes then what would be the logic behind keeping her other than blind loyalty. She has been a coach for 30 years we aren’t talking about a young coach that will improve with time. She has gotten worse over the last 3 seasons and has never even won the SEC tournament. She can recruit though and the players like her is the mantra of the Holly defenders. Maybe by the time she turns 70 she will learn how to coach

Reactions: 10 people

The last game of the season and that is still being said....Wow

She had the "perfect storm" at season's start....16-0 start, all her chosen players,,all her chosen staff,,,No off-season drama...It turned into a dust-storm there for a while.

https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Reactions: 9 people
How much time do we need to get better, the season is almost over.:blush:
Maybe should have said get back to where we were early in the season even that would be an improvement. Also maybe Nared lit a fire and we want see anymore weak defense and half asleep offense. Effort has been a problem in several games and also faulty game plan by Holly. Last Florida game both of these were missing. We didn't shoot well but effort and a better game plan resulted in a 28 point win.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Don't take it personally, Gule seems to keep a foot in both sides of Holly defending her in one post by disagreeing with one poster and then faulting her by agreeing with another poster

Reactions: 6 people
Don't take it personally, Gule seems to keep a foot in both sides of Holly defending her in one post by disagreeing with one poster and then faulting her by agreeing with another poster

That indicates flexible thinking! LOL

When was the last time we were ever a 7 seed or worse in the SEC tourney?

Just two years ago, the first year Holly had all JUST her players (none of Pat's), they had an 8-8 record in the SEC and got a 7 seed. Last year it was a 5 seed.

In 30 years as head coach competing in the SEC, Pat never finished worse than a 5 seed in the regular season and only finished 5th three times: one of those times they ended up making the NCAA final 4 and another they ended up as NCAA champions. The 3rd time was the year AFTER they won the NCAA championship and lost 6 Seniors including Candace Parker.

By comparison, in the 3 years as head coach when Holly had NONE of Pat's players, she has finished NO BETTER than a 5th seed.

She isn’t worth a crap, if a coach can’t win with several back to back top 5 recruiting classes then what would be the logic behind keeping her other than blind loyalty. She has been a coach for 30 years we aren’t talking about a young coach that will improve with time. She has gotten worse over the last 3 seasons and has never even won the SEC tournament. She can recruit though and the players like her is the mantra of the Holly defenders. Maybe by the time she turns 70 she will learn how to coach

Breath and then try again.

Reactions: 1 person

That's Me!:wavey::neener::glare::bad::rolleyes::yahoo::hi:

What are you talking about, she did not have any recruits last season. The season means nothing, except for those stupid ticket holders, the SEC tourny means nothing, except for those pesky ticket holders again, its all about the NCAA tournament. Get a good seed, walk into the sweet 16, sign another contract.

Alabama. ugh! LSU ugh!

Be ready Ladies.

I back Pat and roll with Holly....

Next Coach of Lady Vols:

HOLLY

VN Store

Back