as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
FEB 25 (SUN) 4:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 15th in the AP Top 25 poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

South Carolina is ranked 7th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

going to be a tough game for sure,ball control,play defense and kill some bunny's and you will win :)

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 5 people
Big game for us as far as the NCAA tourney. A win here would be huge hopefully were ready to play another game with effort for 40 minutes.

Reactions: 1 person
Heading to Knoxville from southeastern Ohio for the game on Saturday! Looking forward to it and really hope the Lady Vols come out on top! Good luck ladies!!

Reactions: 3 people
Should be a competitive game. Must limit turnovers and not let Wilson go crazy like she did against Florida.

Their key matchup for us is Wilson vs Russell. If we come close to winning that one I think we win the game.

If we play as hard as we played in the second half of the Florida game, we got a chance. We are capable of beating USC, even with Wilson on the floor. We have to match USC’s intensity and Russell has to be a monster on the boards. Everyone needs to play well with few unforced errors. We need to get in their heads.

I think South Carolina is a bit overrated but unfortunately the Lady Vols have their own set of issues and they just haven't been the same since their first loss and I'm worried they are out of time. But, if there was a game to turn it around, this would be it.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't....this is gearing up for "win or go home" basketball time for these girls....I think they are ready to start a new run of wins.

Coach: I think we are going to lose! Main reason is Holly still thinks we can guard man to man defense!!!!! LSU stayed close by playing a zone and trying to front Asia and sandwich from behind.... it didn’t work as she had twenty plus points and same rebounds! However, she was not getting any help until late in the game. They are not a good team without her. Just saying

We don’t have anyone who can stop their guards and wings from making layups unless we zone and trap when possible. The last few games Mercedes could not make bunnies so she maybe useless unless she wakes up? I just don’t feel good about our chances. 🤔

Reactions: 4 people
Keep turnovers to less than a dozen and light a fire under MR and we could win this game. I still think MR is overated. Needs to be more aggressive under the basket. She should be drawing fouls by taking it to the basket instead of relying on jumpers. Heck, use the size that was given to you girl! Same story all year.

Last edited:
The Refs let us be more physical with florida than they usually allow. I saw several traps in that game where in the past they would've called fouls. If they let us play our game we can turn SC over we can be really physical on the full court traps when we decide to. Regardless of how the Refs call the game we have to be physical and try to turn them over. We can't let them get comfortable in the half court offense as we all know Russell can't guard Wilson. We take our chances get rough with them try to force turnovers if everyone fouls out so be it we at least can say we brought a game to them and made them work for anything they got.

Being aggressive is key. This isn't a tea party. We can play in control, but with the attitude that we WILL defend "our house." Perhaps Holly could get one or two of our more assertive former LVs to speak to the team about this mindset?

need all you local blue hairs to bring a pal to the game and pack the damn house. sell it out!

Coach: I think we are going to lose! Main reason is Holly still thinks we can guard man to man defense!!!!! LSU stayed close by playing a zone and trying to front Asia and sandwich from behind.... it didn’t work as she had twenty plus points and same rebounds! However, she was not getting any help until late in the game. They are not a good team without her. Just saying

We don’t have anyone who can stop their guards and wings from making layups unless we zone and trap when possible. The last few games Mercedes could not make bunnies so she maybe useless unless she wakes up? I just don’t feel good about our chances. 🤔

We have excellent man defenders: Meme, Jaime, and Evina...The trouble is you mix in a 6'6" who is not an imposing 6'6" defensively that doesn't understand "help" defense and two freshmen who lose track of their assignments....This is the crux for this team.When Mercedes is ALL there and one of the two others are playing well, our man defense rivals anyones.

You've seen it. We held FLA to 2 pts in the third. And we have had similar spurts....Just not consistent.

A little zone, a little man, a little zone-press,,,mix it up on defense.

I agree that we must press and be aggressive.
Defensively, we are a terrible man team. Not sure why, since we have quick players. We lack discipline and effort to play man, and often times, we have no help side defense. We also struggle to defend without fouling--another sign of a lack of discipline.
This is Mercedes' fault--she has to move and make a difference on defense help side. But at this point, if she won't do it, she never will. Maybe she really is that slow.
A great example of this is Katie Lou Samuelson at UCONN. She isn't the quickest or most agile player on the floor. I'm sure there are many wing players in the country quicker than her. But, UCONN always plays man, because KLS gets down in a stance, moves her feet, and guards somebody. Not even Jaime shows that effort sometimes. We could be a great defensive team, but I think a lack of effort causes us to play zone.

Reactions: 5 people
Mercedes could never win a foot race, so slow. To beat SC she must step it up and move. She has far to much talent not to be a big impact for this game. If she doesn’t, it will be another big L. So many disappointed performances for this basketball fan.

FEB 25 (SUN) 4:00 P.M. ET

game is in Knoxville

TV: ESPN2

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 15th in the AP Top 25 poll and 14th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

South Carolina is ranked 7th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

going to be a tough game for sure,ball control,play defense and kill some bunny's and you will win :)

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

South Carolina is way over rated as are some others. Not just saying this because I'm an LV fan. It's easy to check out. LV's need to bring all that energy like they did against SC in the first game. We're at home so the shots should start falling our way.

VN Store

Back