Game Thread Lady Vols at Florida

Florida has 3 SEC wins. Vandy by 13, ole miss by 1 and Arkansas(not sure of the margin, but beat them by more than we did). They lost at Missouri by 4. That may have been when Cunningham was out with an injury?

I would not be surprised if we lose, but will hope they are motivated and say we win a close one by 6.

Florida has 3 SEC wins. Vandy by 13, ole miss by 1 and Arkansas(not sure of the margin, but beat them by more than we did). They lost at Missouri by 4. That may have been when Cunningham was out with an injury?

I would not be surprised if we lose, but will hope they are motivated and say we win a close one by 6.

In the event we play up to our capability, we win this one easily, however, if we play our usually predictable offense, and pass up good shots trying to get the ball into a double and triple covered Russell, we could lose this one.

In the man to man defense, the paint is soft as a marshmallow, however, that is Holly’s choice of defense, which she says is our best defense. If it gets down to a match of coaching wits, Holly is at a huge disadvantage.

Reactions: 3 people
The men's and women's basketball teams are both playing like crap right now.

I don't have a whole lot of faith in either of them finishing out the season strong.

Reactions: 1 person
We are going to kill Florida, if this team has any pride and desire at all. If we do NOT, it will be on the players because they are so over-matched talent wise, a blind monkey could coach the team we have to a sizable victory.

We are going to kill Florida, if this team has any pride and desire at all. If we do NOT, it will be on the players because they are so over-matched talent wise, a blind monkey could coach the team we have to a sizable victory.

Like against LSU and Alabama? I'll take the blind monkey over Holly any day of the week. At least the blind monkey won't screw the team up.

If they lose, it's because of the coaching failing to get her team to play up to their abilities...again.

Would that blind monkey call timeout?

Every time the Vols suffer defeat someone writes the "talent wise" comment. Are you talking about high school recruit talent or college player talent?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I'm hoping the real Lady Vols show up tonight & beat the gators silly.
I'm hoping this is not a trap game for the Lady Vols.
I'm hoping they're not looking ahead to playing SC this Sunday at home while playing those dirty gators tonight.
The old saying.....one game at a time sweet jesus.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the real Lady Vols show up tonight & beat the gators silly.
I'm hoping this is not a trap game for the Lady Vols.
I'm hoping they're not looking ahead to playing SC this Sunday at home while playing those dirty gators tonight.
The old saying.....one game at a time sweet jesus.

They could still turn the corner and make a run or two....DGU on em

Big game tonight. I hoping Evina Westbrook gets her game back and has 15 points and 10 or more assist tonight. As always go lady Vols.

Why do we keep blaming the players? Do we really believe that the coach does not have a part in the collapse and failure of a team? It is the coach that demands effort and excellence. It is the coach that has somewhat of a clue is happening. It the coach that has to motivate. It takes more than recruiting 5 stars you have to coach them to do their best. If you can’t do all this, you might want to step down.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do we keep blaming the players? Do we really believe that the coach does not have a part in the collapse and failure of a team? It is the coach that demands effort and excellence. It is the coach that has somewhat of a clue is happening. It the coach that has to motivate. It takes more than recruiting 5 stars you have to coach them to do their best. If you can’t do all this, you might want to step down.

No coach should have to demand effort PERIOD!

If all the players coming into the program aren't giving effort, then that's a result of poor coaching...PERIOD!

What are you gonna do when you run out of players to blame?

Again I’m not blaming any players, all I’m saying is you shouldn’t have to coach effort! PERIOD!
Geno has said it
Muffet has said
Dawn has said it
Jeff has said it
A countless number of coaches have said this very statement, but somehow when I say it, it equates to blaming players?!?!

Again twisting my post, but what’s new?!? 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The very reason I coach,,,is to demand effort from my charges.

The success I experience,,,,,is when I get the effort I demand.

I’m sure you’ve played the sport for which you coach, do you really believe you should have to take time out to coach or demand effort from players on a collegiate level, give me a break.

I’m sure you’ve played the sport for which you coach, do you really believe you should have to take time out to coach or demand effort from players on a collegiate level, give me a break.

So in practice does a coach give out a workout sheet and let the kids go run their duties...No, they run the drills right alongside or navigate them...They yell "Go Go Go" "faster, Faster"....If that isn't coaching effort, what is it?

And no, I didn't play basketball. I ran track and played football. Dabbled in baseball....And I am glad. Because my perspective is of a coach, not a player.

I know K N O W ! that I have walked on my court and inspired more effort....It is passion you don't coach...everything else. Yep.

I do blame the players for missing all those bunny shots

they are usually quite a few to be had each game :)

VN Store

Back