Tonight’s Big Reveal.

Volnut2

NCAA shows respect for Tennessee’s RPI. Tennessee is No. 12 and in the Lexington Region with Baylor, Louisville, and Ohio State. Love it.

Reactions: 1 person
They have little margin for error, though. They must beat Florida and win a few games in the SECT. Otherwise, it's "Hello, Albany"

They have little margin for error, though. They must beat Florida and win a few games in the SECT. Otherwise, it's "Hello, Albany"[/QUOTE

I agree, but if they lose their last two games, they deserve whatever they get. Right now they are in control of their own destiny. Hope they don’t blow it.

Florida has the potential to be a trap game. Their post players are very similar to Mizzou's. They both have decent height, but can hit the jumper all the way to the arc. Plus, they have that Aussie deadeye shooter. They can't take them for granted.

Reactions: 2 people
NCAA shows respect for Tennessee’s RPI. Tennessee is No. 12 and in the Lexington Region with Baylor, Louisville, and Ohio State. Love it.

The problem is, Tennessee must show respect for itself and they MUST want it.

They have little margin for error, though. They must beat Florida and win a few games in the SECT. Otherwise, it's "Hello, Albany"[/QUOTE

I agree, but if they lose their last two games, they deserve whatever they get. Right now they are in control of their own destiny. Hope they don’t blow it.

I was afraid we would lose all 4 of the last 4 but that loss to Alabama may actually give us the incentive to beat them but that is not a for sure bet. I think SC will kick butt because they are pissed at the LVs.:unsure:

Horrible. After the loss to SC and another in the Sec tourney we will slip out of the top 16 and lose hosting the the opening weekend of the Ncaas .... or drop to the 4 seed in Uconn’s bracket.

just win baby...they're all must wins if we want to keep the train moving down the tracks to a 3-4 seed...not to mention a win or two in the tourney...:)

GO VOLS!

Unless Holly can finally motivate this team, they will have it handed to them in both tournaments.

The coaching staff should not have to motivate the players.

Every Lady Vol clearly knows what the stakes are whenever they set foot on the court, and even more so at this point in the season.

Reactions: 3 people
Three freshman guards, and we expected to do what exactly?

They are better than I thought they would be, and team is playing better ball than I thought they would.

Mental toughness, let's focus and execute.

Here's to a strong finish.

I back Pat and roll with Holly... runnin mofos over... lol beep beep.

Reactions: 2 people
[COLOR=""]The coaching staff should not have to motivate the players.[/COLOR]

Every Lady Vol clearly knows what the stakes are whenever they set foot on the court, and even more so at this point in the season.

That is not true.

We coaches tell our players "The way you practice,,Is the way you will play". . . Then in practice we push them and run them and train them. Yelling "Atta Girl" and "way to go"...We learn what buttons to push for each player that way. I have held practices for over 37 years and can never remember leaving one "dry."

So we tell the players, "As you practice,,You play"
But for coaches, this is different?
Hell No
Those same buttons we push and the energy we can get out of a bunch of kids, follows right onto the court.

...people Mistake "motivate" for "passion"
As a coach, if you don't love this sport and this game (Passion), I can't teach you to love it....But I will motivate your butt off in practice and on the floor.

That is not true.

We coaches tell our players "The way you practice,,Is the way you will play". . . Then in practice we push them and run them and train them. Yelling "Atta Girl" and "way to go"...We learn what buttons to push for each player that way. I have held practices for over 37 years and can never remember leaving one "dry."

So we tell the players, "As you practice,,You play"
But for coaches, this is different?
Hell No
Those same buttons we push and the energy we can get out of a bunch of kids, follows right onto the court.

...people Mistake "motivate" for "passion"
As a coach, if you don't love this sport and this game (Passion), I can't teach you to love it....But I will motivate your butt off in practice and on the floor.

In practice, it must be that we don't shoot or guard open shots. Our man-to-man defense stinks!

In practice, it must be that we don't shoot or guard open shots. Our man-to-man defense stinks!

I'd give anything to sit in on some of these "great practices"we have supposedly had lately. I'd like to see if they're great in this coach's eyes too.

You have to practice both, help and no-help defense. . . .
With help_to get he mechanics right and the continuity built......and also practice with "no help allowed,,,So you can expose weaknesses that are causing the help-situations in the first place

I'd give anything to sit in on some of these "great practices"we have supposedly had lately. I'd like to see if they're great in this coach's eyes too.

You have to practice both, help and no-help defense. . . .
With help_to get he mechanics right and the continuity built......and also practice with "no help allowed,,,So you can expose weaknesses that are causing the help-situations in the first place

Letting the opponents drive all the way to the cup stinks. Our men's team, without the great advantage of size, does not have such glaring weakness. Our women's coaches clearly do not know what they are doing.

VN Store

Back