So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?

UTLadyvolsfan

I mean I do get the angst - we have been recruiting gangbusters, but going 6-6 our last 12 games leaves a rotten taste in everone's mouth. So...

So realistically who could we replace Holly with? Tenn has great facilities, a rich history, is in a terrific conference, and can afford to pay a nice salary to a good coach. BUT... just because we WANT a coach does not mean he/she would leave his/her current situation.

So who would be your fantasy coach (probably one we'd never get), and then who realistically do you think we could get? Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question...

I mean I do get the angst - we have been recruiting gangbusters, but going 6-6 our last 12 games leaves a rotten taste in everone's mouth. So...

So realistically who could we replace Holly with? Tenn has great facilities, a rich history, is in a terrific conference, and can afford to pay a nice salary to a good coach. BUT... just because we WANT a coach does not mean he/she would leave his/her current situation.

So who would be your fantasy coach (probably one we'd never get), and then who realistically do you think we could get? Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question...

Go for the Evil one!

In terms of plausible options...

1. Mitch Barnhart
2. Karen Aston
3. Jeff Waltz (only at 3 due to the thing he has going at Louisville)

I've always felt Nikki should at least get an interview. Outside of her, you find the best you can get, but one who doesn't know how to say, "I don't know."

Reactions: 4 people

Louisville or Baylor Both can coach Or one of the men's assistant coaches

Fantasy - Vic Schaefer
Realistic - Kristy Curry (Bama HC)
Courtney Banghart (Princeton HC)
Wes Moore (NC State HC)
Amy Williams (Nebraska HC)

Reactions: 2 people
I am not in the business of tracking all the other coaches, but I am sure there are several good ones! I think over the past few years Holly has proved she is NOT a good head coach (and never will be). Many were saying last year, just wait until next year with the #1 recruiting class coming to town. Holly will make us #1 again, or at least a run for it. Looking at this team currently, I find this very unlikely. It seem to me every year her team's performance get worse as the season moves along. Near the end of the season, the Lady Vols are at their worse. I think this has something to do with coaching and player development. I feel sorry for the young Lady Vols. So much talent, but on one to develop and show them how to use it.

I see people post "why would they leave where they are" if they are doing well. It is for the same reason people still regard Notre Dame football as a premier program, it is the tradition. Coaches in wbb still regard UT as an elite program and always will. Thanks to the great one PS.

Reactions: 1 person
:rock::rock::rock:Tamika Katchings.

I've always felt Nikki should at least get an interview. Outside of her, you find the best you can get, but one who doesn't know how to say, "I don't know."

No matter what, I sadly do not see Tennessee firing Holly, not because she doesn’t need to be fired I just can’t see it happening, especially at the end of this year. She is too stubborn to quit, even if the team goes up in flames. The big excuse will be she played with a short bench and she has the number 3 class coming in. Excuse number two, this year’s team was filled with freshmen that made a bunch of freshman mistakes. Excuse number three, this year’s team showed little effort and they were just not motivated. Excuse number four, which should get her fired, “I don’t know what to do.” Next year it will be the same thing. Holly supporters will trash the players because they do not follow Holly’s plan, though they are cluless as to what Holly’s plan really is. We are in a vicious circle, that is in an endless tailspin cycle.

Reactions: 12 people
:rock::rock::rock:Bull!!!!! She has made LV basketball a laughing stock of the Women's basketball world. We have the talent, but absolutely no coach with CHW. Fire her now and go for Tamika Katchings.

Tennessee is not great at coaching hires in ANY SPORT. I say Holly should stay in place.

VN Store

Back