1158 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-18-2018, 05:43 PM   #16
creekdipper

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Kellie Harper.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #17
lilesrt

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenfan1 View Post
Why are you even posting if you aren't a Lady Vol Fan
So, I am not a Lady Vol fan? How did you come to that conclusion?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #18
TN1111

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nute Gunray View Post
Fantasy - Vic Schaefer
Realistic - Kristy Curry (Bama HC)
Courtney Banghart (Princeton HC)
Wes Moore (NC State HC)
Amy Williams (Nebraska HC)
They should be on the phone with Wes Moore now. He would kill it here.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #19
Volontario

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilesrt View Post
So, I am not a Lady Vol fan? How did you come to that conclusion?
If you were a “real” fan you would have had someone lock CHW in a bathroom stall at the Mizzou airport.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 05:59 PM   #20
lilesrt

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volontario View Post
If you were a “real” fan you would have had someone lock CHW in a bathroom stall at the Mizzou airport.
HaHa! Ok. Sounds reasonable.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:05 PM   #21
Top Gun

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTLadyvolsfan View Post
I mean I do get the angst - we have been recruiting gangbusters, but going 6-6 our last 12 games leaves a rotten taste in everone's mouth. So...

So realistically who could we replace Holly with? Tenn has great facilities, a rich history, is in a terrific conference, and can afford to pay a nice salary to a good coach. BUT... just because we WANT a coach does not mean he/she would leave his/her current situation.

So who would be your fantasy coach (probably one we'd never get), and then who realistically do you think we could get? Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question...
I see people post "why would they leave where they are" if they are doing well. It is for the same reason people still regard Notre Dame football as a premier program, it is the tradition. Coaches in wbb still regard UT as an elite program and always will. Thanks to the great one PS.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:28 PM   #22
508mikey

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Bill Laimbeer
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #23
Spook1
Ancient Vol

CHW Replacement

Tamika Katchings.

Quote:
I mean I do get the angst - we have been recruiting gangbusters, but going 6-6 our last 12 games leaves a rotten taste in everone's mouth. So...

So realistically who could we replace Holly with? Tenn has great facilities, a rich history, is in a terrific conference, and can afford to pay a nice salary to a good coach. BUT... just because we WANT a coach does not mean he/she would leave his/her current situation.

So who would be your fantasy coach (probably one we'd never get), and then who realistically do you think we could get? Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #24
teacherdean

So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place? So if you could fire Holly, who would take her place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNnative View Post
I've always felt Nikki should at least get an interview. Outside of her, you find the best you can get, but one who doesn't know how to say, "I don't know."
No matter what, I sadly do not see Tennessee firing Holly, not because she doesn’t need to be fired I just can’t see it happening, especially at the end of this year. She is too stubborn to quit, even if the team goes up in flames. The big excuse will be she played with a short bench and she has the number 3 class coming in. Excuse number two, this year’s team was filled with freshmen that made a bunch of freshman mistakes. Excuse number three, this year’s team showed little effort and they were just not motivated. Excuse number four, which should get her fired, “I don’t know what to do.” Next year it will be the same thing. Holly supporters will trash the players because they do not follow Holly’s plan, though they are cluless as to what Holly’s plan really is. We are in a vicious circle, that is in an endless tailspin cycle.
VN Likes: 12
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #25
Spook1
Ancient Vol

Chw

Bull!!!!! She has made LV basketball a laughing stock of the Women's basketball world. We have the talent, but absolutely no coach with CHW. Fire her now and go for Tamika Katchings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilesrt View Post
Tennessee is not great at coaching hires in ANY SPORT. I say Holly should stay in place.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #26
Special Ed
Massive Member

Any of the usual suspects could not do worse than Holly at actual coaching.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 07:01 PM   #27
cutiepie5

Vic Schafer would KILL IT here. And Wes Moore is a very good coach but would have to recruit better than he has at NC State which would NOT really be hard because a) its Tennessee and b) the resources are available.

I wish Mickie Demoss would want to coach again as a head coach. I believe if she were here when Pat retired that’s who I think she would’ve suggested. I’ve seen her on the recruiting trail when she was at UK and she was relentless. Almost snagged two of my kids who were top 30, top 40 players nationally. She really has a way with players/recruits. They loved her and hated to tell her no.

Last edited by cutiepie5; 02-18-2018 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #28
cutiepie5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN1111 View Post
They should be on the phone with Wes Moore now. He would kill it here.
TOTALLY agree...I thought he should’ve been interviewed when it was clear it would be Pat’s last year. We need an x’s and o’s Coach and he’s great. UT shouldn’t feel obligated to bring in a former player. If they make that tough decision it needs to be WORTH it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #29
UTLadyvolsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nute Gunray View Post
Fantasy - Vic Schaefer
Realistic - Kristy Curry (Bama HC)
Courtney Banghart (Princeton HC)
Wes Moore (NC State HC)
Amy Williams (Nebraska HC)
Good stuff My point is it's super easy to jump in the "fire Holly" bandwagon, but when push comes to shove, no one seems to know REALLY who we could actually get to replace her, and while they would probably be a coaching improvement, would they be a recruiting improvement?

Having said that there have been a few other good suggestions.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass - count me as one of many who wants Holly gone, but I guess we should be careful what we wish for because there's not much to choose from out there...

The whole "couldn't do worse" argument is a weak one - Holly recruits very well. Even if a replacement was a better X's and O's coach, would they be a better, or even equal, recruiter?

Last edited by UTLadyvolsfan; 02-18-2018 at 07:11 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #30
cutiepie5

Lady Vols

Quote:
Good stuff My point is it's super easy to jump in the "fire Holly" bandwagon, but when push comes to shove, no one seems to know REALLY who we could actually get to replace her, and while they would probably be a coaching improvement, would they be a recruiting improvement?

Having said that there have been a few other good suggestions.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass - count me as one of many who wants Holly gone, but I guess we should be careful what we wish for because there's not much to choose from out there...
Oh there’s plenty to choose from. There are coaches at major programs who would leave those programs in a heartbeat given the right amount of money. Tennessee allocates money to its women’s basketball program...more than almost all others. If we snagged a coach from a top program (other than UConn, ND or Stanford) it would be equivalent to North Carolina snagging Roy Williams from Kansas. It’s one of the few jobs that people would leave other big jobs for. #MoneyTalks

Also tradition matters more than some people think. When John Calipari left Memphis for Kentucky, everyone thought it was because of money. Not true. Kentucky offered and then Fred Smith, CEO of Fed Ex and his wealthy friends countered that offer with essentially a blank check...SIGNIFICANTLY more than Kentucky’s offer. In the end, he cited the program legacy and tradition as the deciding factors. Similarly, Tennessee has legacy and tradition. We can essentially get (almost) whoever we want.
Reply With Quote TOP