Game Thread Lady Vols at Missouri

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
FEB 18 (SUN) 2:00 P.M. ET ( 1:00 P.M. CT)

game is in COLUMBIA, MO.

TV: ESPNU

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 11th in the AP Top 25 poll and 11th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Missouri is ranked 13th in the AP Top 25 poll and 13th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

be aggressive Lady Vols,show that hustle I know you got and make a shot :)

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Not watching anymore! Cannot take it any longer. Last night did it for most of the people I know who have been fans for years.

Feel bad for the players. They deserve better. No game plan and no adjustments.

I just wonder why she never knows what to say in the postgame pressers. She cannot put a sentence together.

So sad!

Reactions: 3 people
guess it'll just be me and you watching, G Mule?

84 - 82 UM

Nah ,I will always watch and support Lady Vols until last breath.I do not believe that the team will ever return to the Final 4 with Holly as the Head Coach and that the program is only a fair to middling product now which is destined to continue a downward trend.But that does not diminish my ardor for the Lady Vols and hope for the best Sunday and hope I am proved wrong about the Final Four ....if this team or any future team under Holly Warlick makes Final 4 and actually plays for the championship .....I will parade around the Summitt at a game with a placard professing how wrong I was and in support of Holly.

Play like they did against Bama and if Mizzou plays a 2/3 zone ,I do not feel good about the prospects of success.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I get updates on the games on volnation and espn instead of watching the games on tv or online. I thought that LSU was just a fluke, but with this loss to Alabama, it feels like last year. Beat a ranked team, barely win the next couple of games to lesser talent and then lay an egg the next game.

On paper, this is the best matchup of the day for Sunday, but we will see.

We came close to losing to Vandy and Arkansas then comes the Bama game at home and suddenly it happens. We really need a better coach recruiting does not matter if you can't do it on the floor. I wish Holly would retire but I know she will hang on until someone makes her leave.

Reactions: 2 people
I will be watching also. This has always been a tough game for us. I told my wife in the 1st quarter of the Bama game that something was wrong. I said either quite a few players are sick or extremely tired for some reason. Nared looked zonked out and I don't mean the usual non emotional look she has. Russell was the same. Meme and Davis were the only ones with a pulse, the rest acted like they just got back from a week at the beach partying. If they were going to lose, I'm glade they didn't make it exciting in the end. I didn't need to test my surgeons stitchery on my brand new double by-pass. Can't wait to see how they respond.

Missouri's women basketball team is an extension of CCM, tough defensively and crashes the glass and takes a lot of 3 pointers as the Missouri men's basketball team does.

If Nared and Russell don't show up to play, the Lady Vols will get blown out.

Missouri's women basketball team is an extension of CCM, tough defensively and crashes the glass and takes a lot of 3 pointers as the Missouri men's basketball team does.

If Nared and Russell don't show up to play, the Lady Vols will get blown out.

Missouri is not going to blow anyone out, they don’t have the offensive firepower. It’s going to be a tough game and we may lose but I don’t think it will be a blowout either way.

This is why we lost the Alabama game, like Mississippi State head coach Vic Schaefer said you can't win in the SEC with top guard play, and he has got it.
Alabama Guards Points
H. Cook---10
S. Wade---12
J. Lewis---19

Tennessee Guards Points
E. Westbrook---3
M. Jackson---4
A. Hayes---4

If Tennessee guards don't play against Missouri we will lost this game also.
L. Aldridge
S. Cunningham
A. Smith

Last edited:
Missouri by 8.

The key is the play of Meme, Westbrook and Hayes. We have to cut the turnovers in half and we need some points from these ladies.

Why Should I Bother? To Get Frustrated on Sunday? No Thanks. We MUST have a Change. Period end.

Well I will be getting frustrated first hand since I am at the game. I pray that if the man to man defense is not working, we switch to another defense, that we follow our shots, Russell hustles a whole game, not have many desperation bricks, our dribble drive defense is not soft and a big one, Holly can match wits with Pingeston.

Last edited:
I haven't watched Missouri much, but they move the ball really well in the games I've seen, plus they have Sophie who can improvise if the game breaks down. They are soft in the middle. Cierra Porter is not a true center, and she is weak defensively. Russell should own her. The other 3 starters are good, especially Frericks at PF and Smith at SG. If their PG is hitting open shots, this will be a tough one.

Despite the Alabama game, I wouldn't be surprised to see Tennessee come out gangbusters and pull out the win. Aside from Sophie, they still out-talent and out-athlete Missouri by a significant margin, and would 100% win if they'd just stop getting in their own damn way.

VN Store

Back