Never thought I would see this

Benionsopinion

Wow! After our Lady Vols laid an egg tonight by playing their worst game of the season,they were actually being laughed at by Andy Landers,Nell Fortner, and the host on the SEC network. How far we've fallen. Landers even stated that five or six years ago there were several teams who had never beaten the Lady Vols,but now,they all had.Just a sad statement about a team that seems to have lost it's moxie, along with the will to win. Stretches of tonight's game showed what these Ladies are capable of,but they could not sustain it. As fans we must take the bad with the good,but tonight was inexcusable to all of us. I really never ever thought I would see the Lady Vol basketball team as laugh fodder for anyone,even those like Landers and Fortner who make plain their dislike of the Lady Vols. Maybe these Ladies can still salvage the season,but the going gets tougher as tourney time gets nearer. Most of us will still support the Ladies,even as we look askance at some of the things they do. Go Lady Vols! Pull it together,both players and coaches.

Reactions: 6 people
IDT the announcers and analysts dislike the LVs at all; I think they have great respect for the LVs program, tremendous admiration for Pat and are disgusted by how the team plays on nights like tonight.

When the LVs are whipped by Bama for the first time in TBA, the announcers laugh and season ticket holders leave early, the program has hit a new low.

Reactions: 15 people
How anyone can defend Holly the coach is just mind numbing. Same song different verse and next season just rinse and repeat like the prior years under her.

Reactions: 10 people
You Pro Holly people can continue to sat Holly on a pedestal, and blame the players,however, who is suppose to control the team, it is the head coach. Right now we have a coach who is engineering a potential runaway train. It is Holly’s job to get them back on track and to keep them on track. Tonight the Lady Vols were out coached and out played by lesser talent.

Reactions: 15 people
You Pro Holly people can continue to sat Holly on a pedestal, and blame the players,however, who is suppose to control the team, it is the head coach. Right now we have a coach who is engineering a potential runaway train. It is Holly’s job to get them back on track and to keep them on track. Tonight the Lady Vols were out coached and out played by lesser talent.

According to CHW in her presser, she has no idea about a lot of things. Getting on track is possible if you know where to find the track.

Reactions: 8 people
Funny thing is, I have far less of a problem with a team playing such maddeningly inconsistent basketball than I do a coach tolerating a team playing such maddeningly inconsistent basketball.

Reactions: 5 people
it's sad the players deserve better coaching to match their talent.They came to Tennessee because of Pat Summitt's legacy of excellence and the history of Lady Vols Basketball.We all should realize that no coach will ever fill her shoes but I think the administration owes it to Pat Summitt to make sure Lady Vols Basketball has the best available coach to lead the team that plays on "The Summitt".She would not be pleased with what's been happening lately at all.The foolish turnovers happen game after game after game all game long with no admonishment from CHW.

Reactions: 6 people
Where are all the "Holly Warlick is an awesome coach, just look at her numbers" folks??? Yep, that's about right. CHW has to go whether CHW lovers will admit it or not. Pathetic IMO.Just absolutely pathetic!

Reactions: 7 people
:rock::rock::rock:Congratulations to Coach Holly Warlick on another record setting coaching job...being the only coach to lose to Alabama in 22 years in Knoxville!!!! Not only that but the attendance is reaching new records too...8,000 whereas it used to be the highest in the nation. If Pat Summt was still with us, she would kick you tail bone between your shoulder blades. UT will not change coaches because AD Fulmer does not have the guts to fire Warlick.

Reactions: 1 person
I actually don’t take the time to watch them anymore.

I tape the games...... and if they show up?......then I will watch! I get so tired of watching people who cannot exicute basic fundamentals that I learned in high school 50 years ago!!!!!!!

And some rules changed like a shot clock! So one team cannot hold the ball for a whole quarter ( which used to be a strategy). At least take the last shot so the other team does NOT get a chance to score! We cannot even do this simple fundamental principle! GEEZE 🤔

Reactions: 2 people
all I know is if you don't like Holly as the coach then fire her and get it over with...if she is still the coach for the next game then it's your fault...:):)

GO LADY VOLS!

How anyone can defend Holly the coach is just mind numbing. Same song different verse and next season just rinse and repeat like the prior years under her.

It takes longer for some folks to see the writing on the wall, b/c they like Holly as a person, not necessarily the coach. Can't blame them, but if you cannot plainly see that these girls are not coached very well then you have to be blind to it. Holly has wore out the "I don't know what to do" look from the sidelines and cannot motivate at all.

Reactions: 3 people
:rock::rock::rock:Congratulations to Coach Holly Warlick on another record setting coaching job...being the only coach to lose to Alabama in 22 years in Knoxville!!!! Not only that but the attendance is reaching new records too...8,000 whereas it used to be the highest in the nation. If Pat Summt was still with us, she would kick you tail bone between your shoulder blades. UT will not change coaches because AD Fulmer does not have the guts to fire Warlick.

Holly Warlick was handpicked by Pat Summitt when she retired and our AD was 100% on board.

Reactions: 1 person
According to CHW in her presser, she has no idea about a lot of things. Getting on track is possible if you know where to find the track.

She’s has said the same thing for years. She is telling EVERYONE that she really doesn’t have an idea how to coach or what is going on!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Holly Warlick was handpicked by Pat Summitt when she retired and our AD was 100% on board.

As in the same AD who hired Donnie Tyndall and Butch Jones? While Hart might have been significantly better at handling finances than Hamilton (what a feather in his cap), the rest of his decisions are open to debate. Certainly including this one.

VN Store

Back