Women's Coach Needed ASAP

allenfan1

It is so sad to see what once was an elite program being taken down game by game. Should Mr Fulmer decide not to fire her at the end of the season then he is not the right person for the position. History made again tonight, just not in a good way. She is a disgrace to Women's Basketball. After the Georgia game she made the comment on TV that her girls tried to make sport center highlight on every play, but she was proud of them. That folks is our problem, she requires very little, and teaches even less. She lacks the ability to prepare a team, and is an even worse bench coach. I guess we will see as the next two games loom as loses.

Reactions: 14 people
After starting out 15-0 the team has gone in an all out freefall...and I guarantee you if we play Bama in the SEC tourney it's a guaranteed loss. So what's the goal? Making the NCAA tourney? Awesome...cuz this team is going nowhere.

As far as Phil goes? You're right. If he doesn't have the guts to fire Holly when it's obvious she will NEVER coach this program back to where it should be then he's the wrong choice for AD. It will show that his main concern is not severing friendships...and less about the success of the Vol athletic programs.

This program isn't about Phil and his friends...but I fear the success of the programs is NOT his # 1 priority.

Reactions: 3 people
Look at this way. Say Phil does the right thing and fires Holly. Is there ANY program that would hire her? Maybe Austin Peay or something just cuz she has a name...but none of the top programs would even consider her. That should tell you something.

Reactions: 10 people
I haven't watched much of any Lady Vol basketball this year--for some reason the timing just didn't work out for me. I had some time tonight, so I decided to sit down and watch this game.

I was shocked! I don't think I've ever seen players this talented so poorly coached. No defense, no game plan on offense, not inspired, slow, clumsy, horrible shooters. Running around like wild ladies with no dicipline or plan.

You can get all the number one recruiting classes from now until forever, but if they are coached up like this team, they MIGHT make a top 25 at the end of the year--on talent alone.

Reactions: 8 people
I haven't watched much this year but one thing I remember most about Summit coached teams were they were held accountable. They knew what was expected and played their roles.

This team is not well lead or held accountable. That is coaching, or lack thereof. Horrible indictment in our coach and staff.

Reactions: 7 people
Holly is just too soft to coach this team. Russell plays lazy a lot. She is rarely aggressive except on rare occasions. When the game is on the line she does not always show maximum effort. A could coach would strengthen that out real quick,

The biggest problem seems to be Holly’s in ability to match wits with other coaches. She rarely has an answer when things start to go South. Tonight our man to man defense was awful but Holly did not change. We got beat off the dribble drive like we were playing a team of 5 stars. In the second half Holly looked cluless and hopeless. It was pitiful.

Reactions: 15 people
Tell you what, fire this entire staff. Hire Rick Barnes' staff to coach them. He's a gym rat, so he can coach the men's team for eight hours and then the ladies' team for eight hours. Double the salary for him and his staff.

We'd see an entirely different team--they'd rival Geno and the Huskies for the championship. That's the difference in a coach and someone relying on the past administration for recruiting.

Reactions: 9 people
Fulmer has said that his main goal is to fix the football program. CRB would definitely get in the Lady Vols players faces if they did not play defense and he would sit their butts down if they make a defensive mistake.

Reactions: 6 people
Take away UT Lady Vol history under Pat and school commitment to the program; just how good do you think Holly/staff might recruit if this was XYZ school? She wouldn't and you know it. The only thing she has done adequately is recruit well to a legacy, elite school. Natural player ability and stupidity by many opposing coaches is all that keeps the program winning. You have now watched 5 straight years of breaking team records the wrong way because her teams do not play hard for 40 minutes and she is completely clueless at how to run an offense that can beat a zone against even mediocre teams. They no longer play help D and rebound well at all. But hey - she held Pat's clipboard for a hundred years.

Reactions: 11 people
Watch the presser if you need an understanding of what is going on. The head coach doesn’t know why to a lot of questions.

Reactions: 6 people
We have a very talented team and I have been giving CHW credit a lot the last two years. But after tonight the only wins we get is by out talenting them not coaching. So I’ll peak at the LV come mid-March and hope a switch is turned by the players because CHW can’t motivate or coach them. Time for change at the end of the bench!!

Please explain how you came to these conclusions!

He reached way, way down deep, deep inside, and came up with...an OPINION!!

Just like you and everybody else on this site does, without ever having to explain their thought processes. Opinion board, got it? lol

Reactions: 3 people
I have been a vols fan since 1960 have watched ut football basketball men and womens the last few years under holly the womens bball has slipped from one of the best to middle of the road sec. holly can do a couple things right tho she can stand and watch the team play with her arms crossed in front of her and stand with her hands on her hips when time outs are called I have never seen any other coaching doing that. I hate to say fire her but some thing needs to be done. nuff said

Reactions: 2 people
Phil Fulmer is more likely to give her a lifetime contract than he is to fire her anytime soon

Holly is just too soft to coach this team. Russell plays lazy a lot. She is rarely aggressive except on rare occasions. When the game is on the line she does not always show maximum effort. A could coach would strengthen that out real quick,

The biggest problem seems to be Holly’s in ability to match wits with other coaches. She rarely has an answer when things start to go South. Tonight our man to man defense was awful but Holly did not change. We got beat off the dribble drive like we were playing a team of 5 stars. In the second half Holly looked cluless and hopeless. It was pitiful.

Your comment about Holly being too soft is the number one reason why she is a poor head coach.

Reactions: 2 people
Phil Fulmer is more likely to give her a lifetime contract than he is to fire her anytime soon

Total BS..You hate Fulmer, we get it..But this is ALL on CHW..And if you THINK PF won't fire CHW, be amazed at seasons end..NOBODY can justify what CHW has allowed to happen with this once proud program..All you Holly lovers?? Time to admit what everybody with any sense already knows: Holly Warlick loves UT and always has, but being an assistant was/is all she does well..Admitting that doesn't make you a hater, just a realist..Flame away.....

:hi:

Reactions: 10 people
Holly has one more year on her contract at $665,000 a year. The lady Vol's lost 2 million dollars last year. If they fire her they will have to pay her, the last year of her contract. I just don't see Tennessee doing that. Holly will coach the 2018/2019 season, then she could be replace.

Despite the loss, I saw a lot of positives in the game.

For example, big shout out of congratulations to
Mercedes Russell for becoming only the 6th player in
Tennessee women's bball history to score 1500 points and 1000 rebounds with her double double.

Also, Rennia Davis had a double double nailing some impressive looking shots from the perimeter in the process.

Other players hit some good looking shots and I noticed a few 3's made like it was money in the bank clockwork.

I agree that there were some careless turnovers and 50/50 balls where it looks like the team was out of position or just got plain out-hustled, but there were a lot of bright spots to build on out there too.

Go Vols!

Despite the loss, I saw a lot of positives in the game.

For example, big shout out of congratulations to
Mercedes Russell for becoming only the 6th player in
Tennessee women's bball history to score 1500 points and 1000 rebounds with her double double.

Also, Rennia Davis had a double double nailing some impressive looking shots from the perimeter in the process.

Other players hit some good looking shots and I noticed a few 3's made like it was money in the bank clockwork.

I agree that there were some careless turnovers and 50/50 balls where it looks like the team was out of position or just got plain out-hustled, but there were a lot of bright spots to build on out there too.

Go Vols!

Bottom line is , Holly is the coach and she sucks. The players are not the problem. The talent is there ,just dont have the coach to bring that talent out. You can find all the positives that you want but it does not change the fact that Holly is the problem.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back