Game Thread Lady Vols vs Alabama

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
To me personally, this is the most important game of the season because, depending on the outcome, I will likely either retire from following Lady Vols basketball or I will continue to care as I do now.

As everyone know, Tennessee currently has a three-game losing streak to Alabama. A THREE-GAME LOSING STREAK TO ALABAMA!!!!! :eek:hmy:

If it becomes a four-game losing streak I won't spend even a minute more of my life on Lady Vol basketball unless some major change occurs that makes losing to Alabama for a fifth consecutive time impossible.

This is my season! GO LADY VOLS! :dance2:

Reactions: 3 people
Give the ball to Davis; she looks the most confident shooting now except for maybe Russell. It’ll open up jaime’s game too. Rennia can flat PLAY

Reactions: 1 person
This is a big game for the Lady Vol's. I have no doubts the Lady Vol's will win. This is a game they must get it all together for the Missouri game. This is a must win so they can get a 2 or 3 seat in the SEC tournament. No one in the SEC will beat Mississippi State, they will be a number 1 seat. The 2 or 3 seat will not have to play them till the championship game. Tennessee needs to get to the championship so they can host the first 2 games in the NCAA tournament. As all ways go Lady Vols.

To me personally, this is the most important game of the season because, depending on the outcome, I will likely either retire from following Lady Vols basketball or I will continue to care as I do now.

As everyone know, Tennessee currently has a three-game losing streak to Alabama. A THREE-GAME LOSING STREAK TO ALABAMA!!!!! :eek:hmy:

If it becomes a four-game losing streak I won't spend even a minute more of my life on Lady Vol basketball unless some major change occurs that makes losing to Alabama for a fifth consecutive time impossible.

A 3 game losing streak to a team whose last win over Tennessee was in 1984, over 30 years ago. I guess its all that parity that exists now. 😁

I have seen Bama play a couple of times and they have some good players and an energetic head coach. If we cut the turnovers to 12 or less, hit the boards and play defense we should win.

Give KK and London some early game minutes. It would help MR to get some early rest.

If we play up to our talent and capability, we win this one easily. If we play pass up good looks and throw the ball into Russell, when she is covered by three Tide players, come hell or high water, the game will be closer then it has to be.

We win this one by 15, though it could be a blowout.

This is a big game for the Lady Vol's. I have no doubts the Lady Vol's will win. This is a game they must get it all together for the Missouri game. This is a must win so they can get a 2 or 3 seat in the SEC tournament. No one in the SEC will beat Mississippi State, they will be a number 1 seat. The 2 or 3 seat will not have to play them till the championship game. Tennessee needs to get to the championship so they can host the first 2 games in the NCAA tournament. As all ways go Lady Vols.

I certainly hope your prediction that Tennessee will for-sure beat Bama comes true.

As for Missouri, I would not be surprised at all if Tennessee lost to Missouri, but a win would be a significant accomplishment given how physical and scrappy and tenacious the Tigers are. I wouldn't be really upset if the Lady Vols lost to Mizzou as long as it's a competitive game and Tennessee has no quit in them.

And yeah, it suuuuure would be nice to host the first two rounds of the NCAA Tourney. The Lady Vols are going to need every advantage they can get.

I certainly hope your prediction that Tennessee will for-sure beat Bama comes true.

As for Missouri, I would not be surprised at all if Tennessee lost to Missouri, but a win would be a significant accomplishment given how physical and scrappy and tenacious the Tigers are. I wouldn't be really upset if the Lady Vols lost to Mizzou as long as it's a competitive game and Tennessee has no quit in them.

And yeah, it suuuuure would be nice to host the first two rounds of the NCAA Tourney. The Lady Vols are going to need every advantage they can get.

I agree with your statement about losing to Missouri. However, this is a sad statement about the state to which the LV program has sank. From an elite state to a better than average state. The 21-4 record is misleading
due to the 15-0 start against less than stellar opponents.

Because of weather.... Missouri had to play Arkansas on Monday night and Thursday night and Tennessee on Sunday! That’s three games in 6-7 days!! Monday night and Sunday noon? I hope they are tired and have no legs??

A 3 game losing streak to a team whose last win over Tennessee was in 1984, over 30 years ago. I guess its all that parity that exists now. 😁

If Holly wants to get on Fulmer's good side, she would be wise to stop losing to Alabama....

I agree with your statement about losing to Missouri. However, this is a sad statement about the state to which the LV program has sank. From an elite state to a better than average state. The 21-4 record is misleading
Oklahoma St, Stanford, Texas, are all rank teams. Only Texas was a home game.

I will get blasted for this by a number of posters on this board but the real answer to the 3 game losing streak is coaching.The Bama coach outcoached Holly in all three games and will probably do it once again if she plays a zone defense.The saving grace will be in the freshmen playing like they did early season including Westbrook and hitting some outside shots at a rate of 40% plus and not trying to force the ball inside against a sagging 2/3 zone resulting in multiple turnovers.They must push the ball beating Bama downcourt before Bama can set their half court defense.Do all of the above and they win the game easily.

Oh, good lord.

Reactions: 4 people
If we play up to our talent and capability, we win this one easily. If we play pass up good looks and throw the ball into Russell, when she is covered by three Tide players, come hell or high water, the game will be closer then it has to be.

We win this one by 15, though it could be a blowout.

Whereas we can see what we should not do, why can't our coaches see the problem?

Whereas we can see what we should not do, why can't our coaches see the problem?

Is that a sarcastic question? I’m sorry I have to ask. Do people really think 4 coaches, who have been around basketball almost their whole life, really don’t see the same issues we as fans see?

Oh, good lord.

No, no the poster makes a good point.

The LVs actual record is totally misleading.

If you we throw out the 21 wins because of bad opponents, teams having bad nights, favorable astrological alignments, and so forth, the real standing of the lady vols is 0-25. In fact, the LVs have not a "real" game since Holly took over and that will never a "real" game while she is coach. Wins will always reflect extraneous factors (TRUTH BY DEFINITION!).

There is a segment of LV "fans" that is pioneering new ways of "supporting" the team.

Is that a sarcastic question? I’m sorry I have to ask. Do people really think 4 coaches, who have been around basketball almost their whole life, really don’t see the same issues we as fans see?

After watching the same thing three years in a row ,I would say the short answer to your question is no .Have you seen any changes to the LV offense against a sagging 2/3 zone this year ? The proof is in the pudding /play on the floor.

After watching the same thing three years in a row ,I would say the short answer to your question is no .Have you seen any changes to the LV offense against a sagging 2/3 zone this year ? The proof is in the pudding /play on the floor.

Well you're not paying attention. Ive seen improvements with zone offense. Particularly, the deceptive weave action at the free throw line with the wings. Not to mention more cutting to the basket, more attacking the zone, and ball movement is better.

The head coach has the major responsibility for moving the team forward, no matter how much we blame the players or the assistant coaches. Holly played for and coached with one of the best. Maybe she can’t see the real issues with this team. We are still making mistakes and turnovers as we have been doing the last six years. We have shooters this year and a potential All American in Davis, however, we do not always utilize our offensive capabilities. We do not move on offense and try the backdoor pass, though we have the players. On top of it all, everybody knows we are going to throw the play into Russell on offense, however, that does not stop us from trying to throw the ball to Russell even when she is covered by three players.

On defense, our best player does not always hustle down the court. A lot of times we have four of our players against five players from the other team. Russell is no where in sight. Holly just seems to be oblivious as to what is going on on the floor. Holly’s claim that Russell is a point guard in a post body is a ridiculous comparison. Maybe there in might be the problem, Holly is unrealistic.

VN Store

Back