Russell Hits Milestone

Chamique Holdsclaw (1,295), Glory Johnson (1,218), Bashaara Graves (1,044), Sheila Frost (1,043) Mercedes Russell (1007) and Tamika Catchings (1,004).
Mercedes Russell should finish in 3rd place. I'll always been a big Mercedes Russell fan. As always go lady Vol's.

Reactions: 5 people
:rock::rock::rock:We are lucky to win the game,
fortunately Georgia did not score well.
LV had 27 turnovers that ties a previous game total and only 60% from free throws.
There was also more individualism in this game with a player driving end to and taking as hot...there four other players on the team.
We have the players,
but no coach.

Chamique Holdsclaw (1,295), Glory Johnson (1,218), Bashaara Graves (1,044), Sheila Frost (1,043) Mercedes Russell (1007) and Tamika Catchings (1,004).
Mercedes Russell should finish in 3rd place. I'll always been a big Mercedes Russell fan. As always go lady Vol's.

Reactions: 1 person
:rock::rock::rock:We are lucky to win the game,
fortunately Georgia did not score well.
LV had 27 turnovers that ties a previous game total and only 60% from free throws.
There was also more individualism in this game with a player driving end to and taking as hot...there four other players on the team.
We have the players,
but no coach.

So is this your way on congratulating Mercedes on her accomplishment? There is a post for LV vs GA if you want to comment on the game.

Congrats Russell!

Reactions: 10 people
And it's too bad she didn't score one more point as she's currently sitting at 1499 for her career. Oh well, next game.

Not sure how they will fill her shoes next year....

For the amount of flack Mercedes gets on this board about aggressiveness, that's an impressive company to join. Unfortunately, we only have to look at career point total to see where she lacks aggressiveness...

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats to Mercedes Russell on a truly outstanding accomplishment! Hope she finishes her Lady Vol career playing the very best basketball she is able to play.

I sure am glad she's a Tennessee Lady Vol, and always will be.

Reactions: 4 people
For the amount of flack Mercedes gets on this board about aggressiveness, that's an impressive company to join. Unfortunately, we only have to look at career point total to see where she lacks aggressiveness...

You really need to work on the whole congratulating someone on a career milestone thing...

Reactions: 3 people
And it's too bad she didn't score one more point as she's currently sitting at 1499 for her career. Oh well, next game.

This.
For all the complaining of what she doesn't do, next year we will be wishing she was still on the team.
Similar situation with Nared.

Russell has taken a lot of hits from some fans during a career where she’s improved each season. Her freshman year was a little disappointing but she was playing on two bad feet and should have redshirted. Since her surgery she’s matured very well. I posted once heavy is the head which wears the crown of being the overall number 1 recruit. Congratulations to Mercedes.

Congratulations to Russell and i am happy she is a Lady vol!

Is it really that hard to say congratulations? My goodness every thread does not need to be turned into a negative one.

Terrific game by her yesterday she went after ball in the game better than most games this season. She has always been a terrific offensive player when she gets on the boards like yesterday and guards her position with that intensity she is at another level as a player.

Its going to be tough. LVs will be in similar position next year as SC is in this year. That is, two of your best players will have graduated and/or in WNBA.

Glass half empty or glass half full, right?

KK looks like the kind of player who could make a big jump from her freshman to sophomore season.

She looked much better against GA than she had in her prior appearances.

It is not easy to replace a 6-6 skilled player but at 6-4 KK could provide the kind of physical, wide-body player that so many want to MR to be.

Reactions: 5 people
Kasi played great 4-6 minutes compared to 30 to 40 minutes. We shall see, Green will hold it down if Kasi don't get it, usually take post two years by her Junior years, I see Kasi being that player.

Mercedes, I'm enjoying watching you play this SEC. The most skilled center in the women's game. Good for you.

Keep up the hard-work and lead us to a Final Four. I am glad you chose to be a Lady Vol.

There isn't another center in the country with her skill set offensively. Now, defensively....hmmmm lol

I back Pat and roll with Holly

In a way, I'm glad her and Nared will be gone. Maybe just maybe,the offense
will change from that throwing it into
the post mess everyone knows we run.
And Jamie has been doing too much solo
mess that.... well,let's just say she goes into 'Deshield mode' too often,
hurting the team.
Off season coaching changes will help alot next year. Or adding someone who
knows x's and o's and knows how to delevop raw and sub-par talent.
Davis is the rave of every commentator, let's see if she reach full bloom.

VN Store

Back