Ncaa reason for cooper

why not clear her? Sitting as long as she has, her impact wouldnt have made a big impact until maybe NCAA tournament time. If you have moved on from the situation and you cared as much about her future as much as you claimed when she was on the team then why not? But I guess they have their reasons. Looking foward to seeing how she use it as motivation next year. I would take cooper over Annie any day but glad we have Annie. Just a fan of cooper and want to see the young lady succeed just not against the lady vols lol

Reactions: 1 person
Will sitting out this year mean that she will have only two years of eligibility left. Since (in football) you have five years to complete 4 years of eligibility. She played as a freshman, missed last year and this year, which leaves only two more.

Wow. I like the way Staley says TN is at fault, but then kind of sprays cologne on it so it won't stink.

I wish they would've let her play she would be taking shots away from Wilson and evening up the turnovers when they play us.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought there was already a tea cooper and usc-Jr. Thread.

There is but now they're trying to blame TN, so this is new news. Lol.

How about instead we blame the girl that made the costly decisions, hurt herself and others, and now needs to follow the rules?

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee coach Holly Warlick was asked on Jan. 14 if Tennessee had placed any restrictions on Cooper’s transfer. “Not to my knowledge,” Warlick answered.

So did Holly really not have any input into the decision?

Also, it was pretty clear to me that Staley was saying that if it had been one of her players transferring within the league that she'd have done the same thing. Not sure why people are upset with Staley over this.

Staley is a fantastic coach but does not do a good job with PR stuff. Granted, Geno comes off like a total (bleep) in half of his press conferences and Holly looks drained and confused in hers so maybe I should cut her some slack, but you’d think she’d learn how to address situations with more tact than she’s shown lately.

Will sitting out this year mean that she will have only two years of eligibility left. Since (in football) you have five years to complete 4 years of eligibility. She played as a freshman, missed last year and this year, which leaves only two more.

I am sure that was a rationale for the appeal. The standard case is that a transfer has to sit out a year but they were obviously arguing for extenuating circumstances.

It is a bummer for Coop but that risk came with the series of events she instigated.

And the LVs are under no obligation to assist USC. The only hiccup was USC pushing to get an exception.

Dawn is pretty classless in opening her mouth about this. No need to even discuss it, other than to avoid what a horrible job coaching she is doing with her current team. Cooper is a thug, bad student, skipped home games last year, basically was a blackeye on our University, why should they do anything to help her get special treatment. When you fire someone for being a trouble maker you don't write them a recommendation. Dawn knows this. She needs to stop the mud slinging and start coaching better. Oh and get some normal glasses, that "Darcy from Scooby Doo" look is just ridiculous!

Reactions: 5 people
Dawn is pretty classless in opening her mouth about this. No need to even discuss it, other than to avoid what a horrible job coaching she is doing with her current team. Cooper is a thug, bad student, skipped home games last year, basically was a blackeye on our University, why should they do anything to help her get special treatment. When you fire someone for being a trouble maker you don't write them a recommendation. Dawn knows this. She needs to stop the mud slinging and start coaching better. Oh and get some normal glasses, that "Darcy from Scooby Doo" look is just ridiculous!

Wow just wow... I always remember her having TN back... with tweets and expressing her pride for the SEC and representing other coaches (Warlick, Taylor, Blair)...

Wow just wow... I always remember her having TN back... with tweets and expressing her pride for the SEC and representing other coaches (Warlick, Taylor, Blair)...
Yes, what happened to her once her team started playing badly? Guess she is gracious in good times, and in the muck when thinks aren't going her way...true colors?

Tennessee coach Holly Warlick was asked on Jan. 14 if Tennessee had placed any restrictions on Cooper’s transfer. “Not to my knowledge,” Warlick answered.

So did Holly really not have any input into the decision?

Also, it was pretty clear to me that Staley was saying that if it had been one of her players transferring within the league that she'd have done the same thing. Not sure why people are upset with Staley over this.

She did not. Important to remember that Cooper was dismissed from school first, not the basketball team.

Reactions: 6 people

lol

Yes, what happened to her once her team started playing badly? Guess she is gracious in good times, and in the muck when thinks aren't going her way...true colors?

Now the comment about A’ja and her foul situation up there ok. But A’ja was fouled a lot and things weren’t called so that was a coach speaking out of frustration. I also believe that I would defend my team, fans, and institution if someone accused them of spitting and there was no proof is that what’s administration told her. As far as TN not releasing Te’a or them putting something in there. I believe that decision was made above Holly’s head. So if TN did put something in there speak on it and move on. If that’s what the NCAA told her then it is what it is no need to lie about it. Some people say just let it go but if she was asked about it why not put it to bed and move on.

I just don’t think she is classless as some make her out to be... misspoken a few times maybe but classless naw.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back