Coaching or discipline.

Mdoggie

Very talented group of players but something is lacking. Did HW recruits talented but undisciplined players? Or is it coaching that causes the lapses?

Very talented group of players but something is lacking. Did HW recruits talented but undisciplined players? Or is it coaching that causes the lapses?

It's Diamond's fault!

Oh wait...

It's Te'a's fault!

Darnit...

It's Jaime's fault!

Reactions: 2 people
Woo-hoo! I’m finally in! After waiting what seems months, I can finally post!

I am tired of coaching arguments, so I am hoping to meet t disparage, but make qualitative assertions regarding the lady vol team.

I am hopeful that coaching is moving in a direction to allow players to play and think. Perhaps timeouts are not taken to place a bit more responsibility on the players, and particularly the PG. I think the key to LVs future lies inEW and Not MR. I am very skeptical of some of the choices of the coach, but when trying to rebuild the shell of greatness I am willing to accept a non-traditional approach.

That being said, more has to change then just granting your point player a tiny bit of discretion. The inside-out approach is painful to watch. MR needs more than getting two feet in the paint. It stagnates offense anyway. You can tell she loves the mid-range shot and they’ve professed her PG skills since before coming to TN. Here is a revolutionary idea, have her pick-n-roll, or just take the hand-off at the top of the key, or play high post due to her reported passing ability. Not every play, but just say 30-40% of the time. she becomes remarkably more challenging to defend if she is not anchored in the paint all day long.

A criticism of Tennessee pat that i have is that they constrict the acceptable actions of players to too few rudimentary roles. They last won with a very dynamic player in CP3. Let some of these other multi-faceted talents shine. They put the harness on MR, and haven’t let her do what she’s best at or likes most. Just maybe the coaching staff is grooming EW to take this team over while showcasing her Considerable talents.

I can only hope.

Woo-hoo! I’m finally in! After waiting what seems months, I can finally post!

I am tired of coaching arguments, so I am hoping to meet t disparage, but make qualitative assertions regarding the lady vol team.

I am hopeful that coaching is moving in a direction to allow players to play and think. Perhaps timeouts are not taken to place a bit more responsibility on the players, and particularly the PG. I think the key to LVs future lies inEW and Not MR. I am very skeptical of some of the choices of the coach, but when trying to rebuild the shell of greatness I am willing to accept a non-traditional approach.

That being said, more has to change then just granting your point player a tiny bit of discretion. The inside-out approach is painful to watch. MR needs more than getting two feet in the paint. It stagnates offense anyway. You can tell she loves the mid-range shot and they’ve professed her PG skills since before coming to TN. Here is a revolutionary idea, have her pick-n-roll, or just take the hand-off at the top of the key, or play high post due to her reported passing ability. Not every play, but just say 30-40% of the time. she becomes remarkably more challenging to defend if she is not anchored in the paint all day long.

A criticism of Tennessee pat that i have is that they constrict the acceptable actions of players to too few rudimentary roles. They last won with a very dynamic player in CP3. Let some of these other multi-faceted talents shine. They put the harness on MR, and haven’t let her do what she’s best at or likes most. Just maybe the coaching staff is grooming EW to take this team over while showcasing her Considerable talents.

I can only hope.

Well said and Welcome aboard!

Coaching change is rarely, if ever, seen from suggestions from this venue. However, I do think Jamie should be released from the duty of wearing down the other sides best player at least by the start of the 4th quarter. Green, for instance, should be rested enough to do this. Jamie needs to be free and rested enough to go ahead and do what it takes offensively to win games by the fourth quarter.

Reactions: 4 people
Coaching change is rarely, if ever, seen from suggestions from this venue. However, I do think Jamie should be released from the duty of wearing down the other sides best player at least by the start of the 4th quarter. Green, for instance, should be rested enough to do this. Jamie needs to be free and rested enough to go ahead and do what it takes offensively to win games by the fourth quarter.

I agree unless the game is on the line.

oh yea, I'm just dying to watch Green out there chasing C Carter all over the court, can't wait!

blue font special.

Carter doesn't shoot from all over the court. Jamie does an excellent job of having the
best offensive player worn down by third quarter as proven time and again. Asking her to win games and continue a guarding effort that bench players should do in the last quarter is one reason Jamie sometimes begins to show wear and tear. It is true the bench is short defensively but the bench must be relied on if this team is going to reach
for greatness.

Reactions: 1 person
oh yea, I'm just dying to watch Green out there chasing C Carter all over the court, can't wait!

blue font special.

You da man! TO says would be like a doberman chasing an ant.😂😂😂

Carter doesn't shoot from all over the court. Jamie does an excellent job of having the
best offensive player worn down by third quarter as proven time and again. Asking her to win games and continue a guarding effort that bench players should do in the last quarter is one reason Jamie sometimes begins to show wear and tear. It is true the bench is short defensively but the bench must be relied on if this team is going to reach
for greatness.
Does Geno resort to this? But yet he's successful! Go figure

It seems to me that one problem for us is idealizing the players we have. While we have a wonderfully tall post with a soft touch, she is rarely dominating. She has trouble getting down the floor quickly. She has a hard time catching and scoring. We need to recognize this and adjust our use of her. She is not a typical 6'6" player.

We have a forward who, for whatever reason, gets a lot of charging fouls. We need to recognize that, and design plays for her that do not put her in that situation.

We have several very young players who are accustomed to being the best player on the floor. We need to recognize this, and work on the skills they have been allowed to skate on, such as accurate passes and minimizing turnovers.

Just my two cents. I think we need to adapt to the strengths and weaknesses of the players on the court, not some mythological players.

What I saw after the timeouts was and intense effort to get the ball into Mercedes like the coaches had pushed that hard during the timeout. Sometimes other players are not even looking for a shot they are totally focused on getting the ball to a player that is tripled team and it has resulted in 8 to 10 turnovers in almost every game we have played.

I think the problem is we are playing other teams who also want to win, are better than the teams Pat played against, and are especially hard to beat on the road. Too much criticism of Holly. She made several huge and critical calls last night that worked. Arkansas put five people around Mercedes and dared us to shoot over them. When we did, it worked pretty well. On defense, they are one of the best three point shooting teams in the league and they again, collapsed around Mercedes. The good news is we have a solid coach and her coaching staff is well respected and we won a game on the road with 5 players trying to take out our two best players. It did not work. Credit to CHW, her staff, Davis, Westbrook, Hays, and Jackson. Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back