Vanderbilt Presser

Holly has to go! The sooner the better! While a win is a win no matter how close the game was...it is beyond ridiculous that a BAD Vandy team stayed in the game with us and even took the lead for a short time in the 4th. We will never be great again under the current coaches.

Holly has to go! That is all.

Reactions: 6 people
Good job players, you effort was rewarded...Coaches, you need to step up your game if you expect to win the hard games coming up!

Reactions: 1 person
I believe the players are being taught on defense, but lack a hard nosed coach that will get in your face and call out the players.

Offensively we lack movement. What kind of offense is read and react?

I believe the players are being taught on defense, but lack a hard nosed coach that will get in your face and call out the players.

Here is a link to a pdf that gets into it a little bit.

http://www.fip.it/public/41/3533/read and react power point notes.pdf

All movement is reaction off each single movement of the ballhandler or the ball itself-movement...Thus "read" Where the ball is and in what "offensive stage of motion" it is in and react in a consistent manner so the BHer can anticipate your reaction.

Last edited:
nice win...anyway you can...now, toughen up...it's gonna get a little bumpy...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice win...anyway you can...now, toughen up...it's gonna get a little bumpy...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are okay for as long as we are rebounding and take our shares of the 3 pointers. We can learn from our men's team!

I watched the game today and to me, they looked tired. With Mercedes and Jamie having experienced the grueling schedule, they are better equipped to handle the grind. The freshmen on the other hand have probably never experienced this level of (competition and) grind. I would not be surprised that the brick wall is fatigue and nagging injury caused. All they can do at this point is to play through the tiredness and nags until they get the proverbial second wind.

I can understand that no one really understands what they are going through except for those that have done the exact same thing. It is just too easy to blame their shortcomings on things we can understand rather than having walked in their shoes so we understand how they feel.

Reactions: 3 people

For starters ,it's what the UConn players are taught. Read the opposing defense, take what they give you and run offensive set _____ with player option 1 getting the ball.

Their last win was like 180 regulation wins in row. So, over the time period they were 178-2. The 2 losses were to Miss ST last year and before that approximately 5 years ago to Stanford. Each of the 2 losses was by 2 points in overtime.

Read and react offense

Wow, we are the point where the LVs grind out an SEC road win, in a place that has been notoriously challenging to play well, and there is a subset posters who hammer players and coaches as if the LVs had lost the game.

The team battled through a bad shooting night and some obviously banged up players and pulled away in the 4th quarter. some might see that as a reason for at least a "Hey way to hang tough or congrats on a needed road win. Of course others have other agendas....

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, we are the point where the LVs grind out an SEC road win, in a place that has been notoriously challenging to play well, and there is a subset posters who hammer players and coaches as if the LVs had lost the game.

The team battled through a bad shooting night and some obviously banged up players and pulled away in the 4th quarter. some might see that as a reason for at least a "Hey way to hang tough or congrats on a needed road win. Of course others have other agendas....

I'll raise my hand. I don't have an agenda but I do have a desire and hope. A return to greatness. Consistent contenders to achieve Final Four would please me and wold be fitting to our eroding stature

I'll raise my hand. I don't have an agenda but I do have a desire and hope. A return to greatness. Consistent contenders to achieve Final Four would please me and wold be fitting to our eroding stature

Here is the thing. Those of who want to enjoy a hard fought victory also want the LVs to attain the same objective.

But if you view every game through the lens of "would this win represent a level of play that would win the NC (against a hypothetical opponent who is presumed to be playing at the highest level)?", then all you get is perpetual frustration. And you fail to appreciate something like the performance that Nared gave or the grit and determination shown by Hayes because you are anchoring on Haye's missed FTs or Holly not taking a TO at the "right" time.

And you never quite know how things play out at the NC championships, a lot of teams advance with "ugly wins."

Reactions: 5 people
Some are calling for CHW's head but it doesn't appear sensible to fire a coach averaging 20+ wins annually. Some in game decisions look suspect and we let bad teams hang around to long insisted of putt'n 'em away.

So question , at the seasons beginning and for the first 16 games or so it was said that "The Poison Pills" were the issue and now that their gone its the reason the LV's have made a resurgence . Now that we see the true team do others still agree that DD & TC were the reason for the sub=par season or are we looking at the head of the Tribe now as the culprit ?

Here is a link to a pdf that gets into it a little bit.

http://www.fip.it/public/41/3533/read and react power point notes.pdf

All movement is reaction off each single movement of the ballhandler or the ball itself-movement...Thus "read" Where the ball is and in what "offensive stage of motion" it is in and react in a consistent manner so the BHer can anticipate your reaction.

Thanks for the explanation and link. I have watched a lot of womens basketball this season and we look lost on offense compared to a lot of teams. Other teams that I have watched have a lot of motion in the offense.

Last edited:
Here is the thing. Those of who want to enjoy a hard fought victory also want the LVs to attain the same objective.

But if you view every game through the lens of "would this win represent a level of play that would win the NC (against a hypothetical opponent who is presumed to be playing at the highest level)?", then all you get is perpetual frustration. And you fail to appreciate something like the performance that Nared gave or the grit and determination shown by Hayes because you are anchoring on Haye's missed FTs or Holly not taking a TO at the "right" time.

And you never quite know how things play out at the NC championships, a lot of teams advance with "ugly wins."

I hear ya'. AND, I'm not looking for the NC each year. But I am looking for levels of performance where the hope and expectation is a run at the Final Four which means you have to able to to get to the Elite 8 on a year in year out basis. Don't misunderstand me, I'll take SOME ugly wins, too. :rock: But a steady diet of "ugly wins" is not going to get what I want as a long time fan .

What I want to see happen is not going to happen with this Head Coach. It takes a few years to create a highly successful program. But after a few years at the helm there should be enough visible team growth/improvement visible to have confidence that the Coach knows what is required. It's the same old season after season. What is missing? Consistently good fundamentals, individual discipline, an Offense, team spirit instead of "i", physical fitness.

CPS would be flinging her poor clipboard all over the place watching this.

We are okay for as long as we are rebounding and take our shares of the 3 pointers. We can learn from our men's team!

I agree with the part about learning from the Men's Team. Barnes does not settle for mediocre, and will flat out call out each player making boneheaded plays. Holly is to soft and more like a friend to these players than a coach. Pat was more like Rick Barnes with her style of coaching.

you can't yell at kids these days, especially girls. Coaches get fired for that.

Y'all need to lay off Holly. Vandy is a MUCH better team than their 6-18 record would suggest. And even though they're 3-10 at home, it's an incredibly tough place to play....

Reactions: 2 people
you can't yell at kids these days, especially girls. Coaches get fired for that.

You don't have to yell to get their attention,,,But you do have to say the right things at the right times.

A gentle little whisper in the ear..."It's time for you to wake up!"

VN Store

Back