The Stretch Run Is Here

Rickster

VFL
Seven more games left in the regular season

@ Vandy - The commode doors beat Ole Miss by three last night. Nashville has been a tough venue to play in recently but I don't think Vandy shoots lights out this time around. We come away with the win if we play decently.

@ Arkansas - Arkansas fell to KY last game they played. This one is winnable as well. I have not seen Arkansas play but their record does not reflect that of a contender.

Georgia - GA fell at LSU last night. LSU appears to be peaking right now. This one is at our place and we come away with a hard fought home court win even though Georgia plays us well enough to win.

Alabama - payback time and it won't be pretty.

@ Missouri - This will be the toughest game remaining on the regular season schedule. Missouri almost beat Miss St last night. It will be finesse against brute force. Officiating will decide the outcome but I expect a win will be difficult on their home court.

@ Florida - Florida will play close for about 20 minutes or so but talent will win out.

South Carolina - The Banty chickens got exposed big time last night by Geno's team. It won't be the last time that happens. This game will be decided by the team with the most confidence. Both have a ways to go in that department but the Lady Vols defend their house.

SEC Tournament - If avenging losses is what it takes for this team to show up, I like our chances. The final four teams should be Miss St, Tennessee, South Carolina and Missouri. Since officiating has always allowed physical play, the favorites to play for the championship have to be Miss. State and Missouri but I have a feeling that the officials will tighten up and not allow overwhelming physical play so that would help favor the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 8 people
good post...especially about the physical play...:thumbsup:...heck, they were more physical last night than they have in a while...that's not their makeup...they're more finesse...maybe they'll start playing a little tougher...we'll see...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person

@ Vandy - The commode doors beat Ole Miss by three last night. Nashville has been a tough venue to play in recently but I don't think Vandy shoots lights out this time around. We come away with the win if we play decently.

@ Arkansas - Arkansas fell to KY last game they played. This one is winnable as well. I have not seen Arkansas play but their record does not reflect that of a contender.

Georgia - GA fell at LSU last night. LSU appears to be peaking right now. This one is at our place and we come away with a hard fought home court win even though Georgia plays us well enough to win.

@ Missouri - This will be the toughest game remaining on the regular season schedule. Missouri almost beat Miss St last night. It will be finesse against brute force. Officiating will decide the outcome but I expect a win will be difficult on their home court.

@ Florida - Florida will play close for about 20 minutes or so but talent will win out.

South Carolina - The Banty chickens got exposed big time last night by Geno's team. It won't be the last time that happens. This game will be decided by the team with the most confidence. Both have a ways to go in that department but the Lady Vols defend their house.

SEC Tournament - If avenging losses is what it takes for this team to show up, I like our chances. The final four teams should be Miss St, Tennessee, South Carolina and Missouri. Since officiating has always allowed physical play, the favorites to play for the championship have to be Miss. State and Missouri but I have a feeling that the officials will tighten up and not allow overwhelming physical play so that would help favor the Lady Vols.

Love the post and if they are going to allow physical play we have to find a couple of minutes for our "banger" (Cheridene) and our "enforcer" (KK)! Allow them to push McCowen and A'Ja around and use all 10 of their combined fouls if you have to to keep Jaime and Mercedes fouls low. I am not talking huge minutes but maybe a minute or 2 each quarter if possible.

Reactions: 3 people

Looks like we will be a favorite in every game, even mo. A chance to pad our record to improve seeding in n.c.a.a. Lady Vols need that desperately to advance to sweet 16.

"South Carolina - The Banty chickens got exposed big time last night by Geno's team."

BUT, BUT, BUT Dawn is who we need to get as coach to lead us back to National Championship........couple years ago it was dude at Kentucky.......wonder who it will be next ?

Reactions: 9 people
Who are you referring to? There has never been a consensus on VolNation about who fans want to coach the Lady Vols.

"South Carolina - The Banty chickens got exposed big time last night by Geno's team."

BUT, BUT, BUT Dawn is who we need to get as coach to lead us back to National Championship........couple years ago it was dude at Kentucky.......wonder who it will be next ?

:hi:

We don't need and never will need that thug leader as a LV leader. I can think of 10 better that that!

Reactions: 3 people
Those are games where the Lvs should be favorites with the exception of SC who be looking for revenge on the LVs home court. I think they can "run the table" which they kind of need to from a seeding standpoint. My main worry is that they have another LSU type game where for whatever reason, they are not ready to compete. However, that game was an aberration to this point in the season so hopefully that tendency will not re-appear. And the Lvs odds of winning go up, if they can hit a decent % of 3s as they did last night. But finishing in a big win streak is well within their capabilities.

Last edited:
Those are games where the Lvs should be favorites with the exception of SC on their home court probably. I think they can "run the table" which they kind of need to from a seeding standpoint. My main worry is that they have another LSU type game where for whatever reason, they are not ready to compete. However, that game was an aberration to this point in the season so hopefully that tendency will not re-appear. And the Lvs odds of winning go up, if they can hit a decent % of 3s as they did last night. But finishing in a big win streak is well within their capabilities.

SC game is in Knoxville.

Remember, Dawn lead SC to a NC last year. No, she did not beat UCONN for the title.

I recall years back when a talk-show host called Rutgers girls thugs. Let's not go there. Dawn is our Olympic coach!

I agree that is a terribly poor (and loaded choice of words).

I am sure the poster will say there is no racial intent behind it but the reality is that the term "thug" is seldom applied to white players or white coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree that is a terribly poor (and loaded choice of words).

I am sure the poster will say there is no racial intent behind it but the reality is that the term "thug" is seldom applied to white players or white coaches.

Fact. The media has stereotyped a whole culture with that word. I guarantee you I could tell you the demographic of the poster who used it.

Reactions: 2 people
Love the post and if they are going to allow physical play we have to find a couple of minutes for our "banger" (Cheridene) and our "enforcer" (KK)! Allow them to push McCowen and A'Ja around and use all 10 of their combined fouls if you have to to keep Jaime and Mercedes fouls low. I am not talking huge minutes but maybe a minute or 2 each quarter if possible.

notre dame fronted Russell with two bigs to stop the entry pass to the low post, it worked and subsequent opponents have effectively employed the same strategy. Don't know why CHW doesn't play Cheridene down low with Sadie to take the pressure off the double team. Not a coach, but that seems to be a good counter strategy.

The charge call against Missouri sealed the game. Miss. State was only up by 2, much like we were up by 2 at Texas A&M. The 3-point shooting was crucial in this tussle.

We must practice and practice shooting the 3-pointer like our man.

VN Store

Back