Game Thread Lady Vols at Vanderbilt

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 2 people
The wife and I will be attending the game in section D row 19. Back in the glory years, the place was packed in orange, but not sure about the past few seasons.

Rebound and defend those 3 point shooters!

Reactions: 1 person
Always a tough game when you have to play in that obsolete mausoleum but hopefully were on a new streak and it will be a wipeout of the Commodores.

another "must win"...:)

GO LADY VOLS!

Don’t worry the Lady Vols win this one in a big way. No one will stop Russell on offense and she will easily have a double, double. Nared regains her shot and the freshman will be outstanding.

This group will shoot well, as long as Holly uses Russell as an option unless Russell is covered by a mulplicity of players.

Some might disagree but against A&M, at TBA, the ladies played very well in the second half. We need those ladies to show up for the remainder of the season.

Don’t worry the Lady Vols win this one in a big way. No one will stop Russell on offense and she will easily have a double, double. Nared regains her shot and the freshman will be outstanding.

This group will shoot well, as long as Holly uses Russell as an option unless Russell is covered by a mulplicity of players.

Some might disagree but against A&M, at TBA, the ladies played very well in the second half. We need those ladies to show up for the remainder of the season.

With our size, Russell and others can always score by rebounding the misses. Needlessly forcing the ball into Russel is just not cool!

Imo as I have been saying all season is that this team wins when they play fast paced ,quick tempo basketball,ie press, and push the ball down the court offensively at every opportunity.What happened last nite was they did that for 1st 3 quarters and wore A&M completely to a frazzle by the 4th quarter thus the success in the 4th quarter.

Vandy is playing the best ball of the season right now.They are well coached and will be a threat on their home court.Hope the LV's play defense like they did in 4th quarter and push the ball down court for the whole game.If they do and are hitting shots it can be a blow out.

Last edited:
With our size, Russell and others can always score by rebounding the misses. Needlessly forcing the ball into Russel is just not cool!
You know she shoots 68% right? I think it is not only really cool, but the smartest play imaginable...plus she feeds open players very well.

You know she shoots 68% right? I think it is not only really cool, but the smartest play imaginable...plus she feeds open players very well.

How many assists did Russell have the last two games (LSU & A&M, she played a combined 77 out of 80 minutes) ?

Hopefully we'll see more of the Russell we saw last night one of the best games I have seen her play. She was really fighting for rebounds and made some fantastic moves to score.

Imo as I have been saying all season is that this team wins when they play fast paced ,quick tempo basketball,ie press, and push the ball down the court offensively at every opportunity.What happened last nite was they did that for 1st 3 quarters and wore A&M completely to a frazzle by the 4th quarter thus the success in the 4th quarter.

Vandy is playing the best ball of the season right now.They are well coached and will be a threat on their home court.Hope the LV's play defense like they did in 4th quarter and push the ball down court for the whole game.If they do and are hitting shots it can be a blow out.
when we played A&M at their place they were worn out! Why we didn't press them then I'll never know? They were sucking air, if we use that strategy we win that game going away! Glad to see them use it to their success. I'm afraid of Vandy because they are playing well of late and we struggled with them at home. The frosh haven't played there and it is a different venue. Let's hope we can score there.

Last time I think Mercedes had 33 against Vandy, hopefully we will see similar results.

Last time I think Mercedes had 33 against Vandy, hopefully we will see similar results.

Vandy is horrible this season. If Holly manages to lose to this team look for legitimate discussions about job security start to come up. Again....

Vandy is playing better as the season progresses. They have a great coach and have an advantage playing at home. Easy baskets for Mercedes in Knoxville, but we did let them back in the game. We must get on the three point shooters and hit the boards. Hopefully Annie will not be nervous for this game like she was in Knoxville.

This will be my first game in Memorial in a long while. I expect a close game today.

Hayes in for Westbrook, the offense grinds to a halt, and Hayes lets her opponent blow by her x3. Tenn 10-9 at 1:50.

Meme shoves a Vandy player after Vandy shoves her, and gets called for an unsportsmanlike foul. Typical Tenn-Vandy game. Vandy up 11-10 after FT's.

We have to beat a stupid floor configuration, Vandy fans, and referees to win in Nashville. Suck it up girls and leave the trash talking and cheap shots in the locker room.

VN Store

Back