Yes I know this is a LV forum BUT...

VA_VOLFAN

Twitter

I have a few questions...

1. Are you able to disclose player illnesses/injury? I thought that was a big no no. Even something as small as shin splints is something his medical staff have discussed with the player and maybe her family.

2. why are you talking about a player who has left the program? I don’t care the reason LET IT GO! You have the most national championships in history and didn’t get that by accident I am sure. But what does talking about another player publically do for anybody? You have a daughter would you want somebody talking about her? Why couldn’t it just be a “good fit” and part ways! Especially when this student is trying to find a new school to play for the next couple of years. I don’t care how many times your asked just tell them to ask her and keep it moving! (Check our starting the 11 min mark)

*Holly isn’t the greatest coach but she showed much more class with the Cooper situation...

3. Why in the world would you bash another University l? I don’t care what that coach has said about you (look at how Pat ignored Geno and his rude comments for years). You never take a shot at that school as their players are there for a reason and working hard themselves. (Check 17:40 mark)

*i am sure she could have taken shots at other schools for their recruiting tactics and slandering her when she was sick but she didn’t!

So I guess to relate to the LVs on WE BACK PAT WEEK... I am truly glad she was the most classiest of the classy! She did what was good for the game, her team, and people in general and never did the easy thing or take the easy way out! We miss you and everything you stood for Pat

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Geno on Azura Stevens’ defense:

I said, “Z, I know you just stood in one spot at Duke, cause you guys didn’t play anything but zone. And here, we’re trying to make you play man-to-man. So, do you want to do what Duke did? Or do you want to do what we do? Cause if you want to do what they did, I’ll let you stand in one spot the whole time. And then you’ll have to stop playing in the NCAA Tournament after the first round—cause that’s usually what they do.”

Kind of lost respect I had for him after that. Especially after what he said about Espinoza-Hunter. Imagine if she came out and said what UCONN is REALLY about.... think everyone will love them then?

Reactions: 4 people
Twitter

I have a few questions...

1. Are you able to disclose player illnesses/injury? I thought that was a big no no. Even something as small as shin splints is something his medical staff have discussed with the player and maybe her family.

2. why are you talking about a player who has left the program? I don’t care the reason LET IT GO! You have the most national championships in history and didn’t get that by accident I am sure. But what does talking about another player publically do for anybody? You have a daughter would you want somebody talking about her? Why couldn’t it just be a “good fit” and part ways! Especially when this student is trying to find a new school to play for the next couple of years. I don’t care how many times your asked just tell them to ask her and keep it moving! (Check our starting the 11 min mark)

*Holly isn’t the greatest coach but she showed much more class with the Cooper situation...

3. Why in the world would you bash another University l? I don’t care what that coach has said about you (look at how Pat ignored Geno and his rude comments for years). You never take a shot at that school as their players are there for a reason and working hard themselves. (Check 17:40 mark)

*i am sure she could have taken shots at other schools for their recruiting tactics and slandering her when she was sick but she didn’t!

So I guess to relate to the LVs on WE BACK PAT DAY ... I am truly glad she was the most classiest of the classy! She did what was good for the game, her team, and people in general and never did the easy thing or take the easy way out! We miss you and everything you stood for Pat

It is WE BACK PAT WEEK, January 21-28, 2018.

Definitely not one of Geno's finer moments. Use her as an example in practice .... OK. But these players know this anyway. But a public airing somewhere after she actually left the team seems bush league, I think.

Video of him bashing the player that transferred and Duke’s program was taken down!

Hmmm wonder why? 🤔

Reactions: 2 people
Geno on Azura Stevens’ defense:

I said, “Z, I know you just stood in one spot at Duke, cause you guys didn’t play anything but zone. And here, we’re trying to make you play man-to-man. So, do you want to do what Duke did? Or do you want to do what we do? Cause if you want to do what they did, I’ll let you stand in one spot the whole time. And then you’ll have to stop playing in the NCAA Tournament after the first round—cause that’s usually what they do.”

And Geno is being honest about Stevens. Start moving! Stop standing around you're not at Duke anymore. Btw Duke lost to UNC today.

Geno has an aggressive snarky way about explaining the game to his players. It's been working they are the best bbball team because of it. Each season UConn is competing for a National Championship because Geno knows how to get the best from his players.

Versus CHW who stands on the sidelines with hands on hips looking up at the scoreboard with a clueless look on her face while her team is getting beat like a drum on the court. And absolutely no timeouts because she's too busy. Looking up at the scoreboard!:crazy:

Recorded the game. Did not watch. Deleted it. Came to the board to read the comments.

I roll with Holly. :eek:lol:

GOLadyVols! :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
And Geno is being honest about Stevens. Start moving! Stop standing around you're not at Duke anymore. Btw Duke lost to UNC today.

Geno has an aggressive snarky way about explaining the game to his players. It's been working they are the best bbball team because of it. Each season UConn is competing for a National Championship because Geno knows how to get the best from his players.

Versus CHW who stands on the sidelines with hands on hips looking up at the scoreboard with a clueless look on her face while her team is getting beat like a drum on the court. And absolutely no timeouts because she's too busy. Looking up at the scoreboard!:crazy:

Recorded the game. Did not watch. Deleted it. Came to the board to read the comments.

I roll with Holly. :eek:lol:

GOLadyVols! :unsure:

He talked about a player that had transferred out of his program. Snarky or not, not a good look. I don’t care if they are the worst program in division 1 mind your own program and don’t comment on another one! If it wasn’t a big deal him being a bully about those two things would still be posted but obviously it was because it was removed! Him talking about a player standing around is ok but don’t bash a program. And no I’m not taking it out of context that poster you read the comments from left off some of the stuff he hasn’t said.

Every dog will have it’s day, no pun intended, the day will come tor the Huskies. I can’t blame Genno for taking a shot at Stevens but not at her former Univeristy. When you bad mouth the university you also bad mouth their program. A few players have left the Lady Vol program, however, the Lady Vol coaches have never dogged them. A lot of coaches would have fought Cooper’s transfer within the conference and certainly would have bad mouth Diamond for her sudden departure. In that situation Holly showed a lot of class.

Right now Genno is the best coach with the best program until someone knocks him and the Huskies off their pedestal. In that position, you need to exhibit a certain amount of class and respect for fellow coaches and their universities. That is why Pat will always be the face of women’s basketball. Without Pat there would be no Genno, she, and only she is responsible for the success of women’s college basketball, and in many ways, the WNBA..

Reactions: 3 people
Point of clarification. AEHunter did not transfer, but announced she was going home to take a few courses at a local community college and consider where she might want to go next. Some kids line up next and then say sayonara. AEHunter was dropped by UConn. Personally I found it refreshing to have a coach lay that out. I appreciate how that is a minority point of view, but maybe he had had it with all sorts of folks expressing concern for his program because a talented kid left. She took a scholarship at a top program and then would not do what the coaches told her to do. Bizarre.

On Duke the barb was directed at Azura' Stevens and it was factual. The leave after the first game of the NCAAs was also factual but a slap at one JPM who publicly lambasted Auriemma for taking Stevens.

Reactions: 3 people
really? no game thread about the South Carolina/UConn game Thursday night. Is this the only time UConn gets mentioned on this board? c'mon guys

VN Store

Back