One explanation for the Lady Vols performance

Benionsopinion

This is,in my way of thinking,the best explanation of the epic meltdown of last night. For some time,I have been thinking that some bug was affecting the team,and last night was final proof to me. The entire team and coaches seemed to be going through the motions. No one can make me believe that a team that has played so well most of the year will become pedestrian without a valid reason. The only one that makes sense is some form of illness. Much has been made about coaching decisions,but that is only one factor in the total effort. Coaching decisions or non decisions do not cause the listless energy level of the whole team. Though some were suspect,one thing that stands out is that the lethargy went through the whole team. How else to explain a 37 point turnaround in less than three quarters? Usually in these type situations,there are at least a bright individual performance ,but not in this case. I fully believe that some type flu bug has hit the team. Get better,Lady Vols, and take it out on Mississippi State on Sunday. Go Lady Vols!!

Reactions: 1 person
It's bad when a 5' 8'' PG puts 27 on you. miss st.'s PG is barely 5'(?) she's very short.

I don't really care what the media(internet bloggers) have to say. It's all about what happens on the fiield. Next that the players get their degrees and become quality men.

I don't really care what the media(internet bloggers) have to say. It's all about what happens on the fiield. Next that the players get their degrees and become quality men.

We do live in a time of gender fluidity but I am not sure that the LVs are really looking to become "quality men."

Reactions: 8 people
This is,in my way of thinking,the best explanation of the epic meltdown of last night. For some time,I have been thinking that some bug was affecting the team,and last night was final proof to me. The entire team and coaches seemed to be going through the motions. No one can make me believe that a team that has played so well most of the year will become pedestrian without a valid reason. The only one that makes sense is some form of illness. Much has been made about coaching decisions,but that is only one factor in the total effort. Coaching decisions or non decisions do not cause the listless energy level of the whole team. Though some were suspect,one thing that stands out is that the lethargy went through the whole team. How else to explain a 37 point turnaround in less than three quarters? Usually in these type situations,there are at least a bright individual performance ,but not in this case. I fully believe that some type flu bug has hit the team. Get better,Lady Vols, and take it out on Mississippi State on Sunday. Go Lady Vols!!

Well, one excuse is as good as another... I guess.

As you point out though, things sure seem strange at times. I have so far made the excuse "young team".. However, starting line up ain't that young, looks about like most teams (mix of under class and upper class) to me. SOOOOOO, you may be as right as any of us trying to make exuses!!

VN Store

Back