Fulmer will never fire Holly

madbamahater

Holly has been coaching at UT since 1985 and has known Fulmer this entire time obviously. They are very good friends and long time work colleagues. I know Holly's blood is pure Big Orange......but she's the common denominator since Pat stepped aside (Lord rest her soul!). I know Pat wanted her in the headcoaching position and she was deserving of it. I can't doubt Pat ever.

To me......it all goes back to when Pat was done wrong by that piece of **** excuse of an AD....the sitaution was handled extremely poorly and in horrible taste and completely disrespectfully...

There should have been a bit more time for Pat and for Holly to kind of take over (similar to what she did) and then replaced.....

...at this point there is no point. It is pointless. It's way past due for UT to take the Lady Vols in another direction. Under better direction.

I want(ed) Holly to succeed more than anyone. Trust me. She's a true VFL!

But, there has to be a better answer.

Fulmer won't do it though. Ever. He just can't and won't and that's sad...the whole damn thing is just sad as hell...

I miss Pat. I miss Lady Vol dominance. I am sad for Holly. I'm just ****ing sad....

Reactions: 9 people
16-2 is 16-2. I'm not going to holler for Warlick to be fired at 16-2. They have many successful games compared to their losses, so ... wanting her fired to me seems entirely overblown. The point is to get better. I would only get grumpy if they don't find a way to learn and get better. Perhaps they will learn.

Holly has been coaching at UT since 1985 and has known Fulmer this entire time obviously. They are very good friends and long time work colleagues. I know Holly's blood is pure Big Orange......but she's the common denominator since Pat stepped aside (Lord rest her soul!). I know Pat wanted her in the headcoaching position and she was deserving of it. I can't doubt Pat ever.

To me......it all goes back to when Pat was done wrong by that piece of **** excuse of an AD....the sitaution was handled extremely poorly and in horrible taste and completely disrespectfully...

There should have been a bit more time for Pat and for Holly to kind of take over (similar to what she did) and then replaced.....

...at this point there is no point. It is pointless. It's way past due for UT to take the Lady Vols in another direction. Under better direction.

Fulmer won't do it though. Ever. He just can't and won't and that's sad...the whole damn thing is just sad as hell...

I miss Pat. I miss Lady Vol dominance. I am sad for Holly. I'm just ****ing sad....

What happened with Pat? What was the drama and how she was done dirty?

Hmm, let's see, 16-2, one of the top SOS schools in the country, playing a bunch of freshmen, number one recruiting class in the country last year, three (almost four) McDonald's All-Americans for next year, lost to number five team on the road, with the always questionable officiating that is women's basketball--yeah, I think we should cast our lot with somebody better out there right now. Great idea. I think your disappointment has gotten the better of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Commitment to excellence doesn't exist at UT. Good ole boy and gals carry on. I'm pretty certain however that Pruitt is of a different cloth.

Hmm, let's see, 16-2, one of the top SOS schools in the country, playing a bunch of freshmen, number one recruiting class in the country last year, three (almost four) McDonald's All-Americans for next year, lost to number five team on the road, with the always questionable officiating that is women's basketball--yeah, I think we should cast our lot with somebody better out there right now. Great idea. I think your disappointment has gotten the better of you.

An injury riddled, highly overrated, number 5 team.

You can give CHW 10 McD's AA's and we'll see the same ol, same ol. This is not her first talented team.

It takes MORE than talent to win in WCB now. Back when Pat and Geno were the undisputed top dogs... they had ALL the talent and could coach.

There is talent all over the country at many schools now. Coaching MATTERS more than ever. See last night.

Reactions: 3 people
WOW...I guess if she lost to UCONN you want her fired also...16-2 come on get real..
what you expect them to go undefeated ? Even the best teams lose a game or 2...
GO LADY VOLS

Reactions: 2 people
WOW...I guess if she lost to UCONN you want her fired also...16-2 come on get real..
what you expect them to go undefeated ? Even the best teams lose a game or 2...
GO LADY VOLS

the best teams dont lose the way they did....

Holly will retire at Tennessee in maybe 10 or so years. She is recruiting well and she is everything Tennessee would ever want. She is Tennessee through and through. Her staff is Tennessee through and through. She just needs to get to the FF and people will leave her alone.

Reactions: 3 people
this goes back to more than just 1 loss, yes they are 16 an 2 but they should be unbeaten, this started last year, she has no control over those girls, they do what they want an they dont cre, Nared has the most talent of any player in the country but she is lazy an does the dumbest things. she needs to have her butt sat down for a few quarters, but it all goes back to that holy can not control those girls an can not handle the pressure, it is time for a change

Reactions: 1 person
What happened with Pat? What was the drama and how she was done dirty?

This will seem cold, but what it mainly comes down to is that this is a refrain that gets repeated mainly by people who refuse to acknowledge the progression of Alzheimer's Disease and the absolute no win situation the administration was in.

Reactions: 7 people
We are 16-2 facing a FF team on there court lord dont let holly lose one more game they wll be ready to get her at the stake.

I want holly to do well, I really do. She is not the best floor coach. I can live with her as our coach. However, she needs to take "I don't know" ,completely out of her vocabulary. Period...

But we all seem to forget that after 2008 we were not dominant. Pat was a great great coach but the landscape had changed. Look at the Championships she lost to Geno. Just trying to point out a few things not denigrate anything Pat accomplished.

Last edited:
But we all seem to forget that after 2008nwe were not dominate. Pat was a great great coach but the landscape had changed. Look at the Championships she lost to Geno. Not trying to point out a few things not denigrate anything Pat accomplished.

Exactly . . . It's basically looked the same since Candace Parker left campus.

But we all seem to forget that after 2008 we were not dominant. Pat was a great great coach but the landscape had changed. Look at the Championships she lost to Geno. Just trying to point out a few things not denigrate anything Pat accomplished.

It was a terrible tragedy that CPS was stricken with a degenerative brain disease but that is the issue. The transition had to happen as it did because of her declining capacities and need to reduce the demands placed on her.

We will probably never know just when her decline began but the era of LV dominance began to slide when "the baby vol" class arrived. They were a talented group but they never really gelled as an elite team, though showing some flashes of brilliance on occasion, and never making it to a final four. And we can also question a recruiting plan that left the LVs so dependent on freshman without having replenished more when the team was flying high with CP3.

Also, lets not forget that there had been a lot of talk that game may have passed CPS by in the years between the Meek team and the arrival of Candace Parker.

But the landscape of women's B-ball has changed, the past is just that and pining about the good ole days is a pointless exercise.

Last edited:
It was a terrible tragedy that CPS was stricken with a degenerative brain disease but that is the issue. The transition had to happen as it did because of her declining capacities and need to reduce the demands placed on her.

We will probably never know just when her decline began but the era of LV dominance began to slide when "the baby vol" class arrived. They were a talented group but they never really gelled as an elite team, though showing some flashes of brilliance on occasion, and never making it to a final four. And we can also question a recruiting plan that left the LVs so dependent on freshman without having replenished more when the team was flying high with CP3.

Also, lets not forget that there had been a lot of talk that game may have passed CPS by in the years between the Meek team and the arrival of Candace Parker.

But the landscape of women's B-ball has changed, the past is just that and pining about the good ole days is a pointless exercise.
That's my point people are always saying Pat wouldn't do this or Pat wouldn't stand for this. But as you said: "But the landscape of women's B-ball has changed, the past is just that and pining about the good ole days is a pointless exercise."

Unfortunately all true. We are stuck with her in the foreseeable future. sad for lady Vols and woman’s basketball in general. Eventually we will see a couple of thousand fans at most at our home games like most other mediocre teams we see on t.v. Really sad.

The question is how many did you expect this team to win when the season started. Was an undefeated season the goal. 24 and 5 or 22 and 7 or what? We could've won the game but we didn't because mainly 28 turnovers and terrible defense. This is going to happen during the season especially on the road against a top ten team.
We don't have a leader Nared and Russell are not leaders they are just seniors that are good players. They play hard but have no knowledge of how to fix our play when things go wrong or when the other coach makes a move. They like the freshmen just keep doing what the original game plan called for whether it is working or not. In their four years with Holly they have not been able to gain the knowledge of how to adjust the team when the opposing coach makes an adjustment. Our failure to adjust to what Notre Dame was doing on defense caused a lot of our turnovers and bad passes. I like both players but they both should know how to attack a defense regardless of what adjustments the coach of the other team makes. No ability to adjust on defense either. Not having a leader that can do that on the floor is why in some games we'll fail because basketball is being able to constantly adjust and find weaknesses in the defense I haven't seen either of these seniors capable of making these adjustments.

Last edited:
To add you really can't expect the freshmen to be able to do that yet. I think this group will be great as juniors and seniors right now that have talent but not all the knowledge they need for this level of play.

We are 16-2 facing a FF team on there court lord dont let hollyt lose one more game they wll be ready to get her at the stake.

Holly will never get fired as long as she occasionally makes it to the elite eight. There are women basketball coaches that have been at their institutions for years but do not have the NCAA record that Holly has had in 6 years. They also do not have Holly’s winning percentage. Holly may not be a top ten coach but she wins enough to have job security. Unless the Lady Vols program crash and burn, Holly will remain in her head coach position.

VN Store

Back