Lady vol hoops report (1/17/18)

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
" Head Coach Holly Warlick met with members of the media prior to No. 6/7 Tennessee's practice on Wednesday. The Lady Vols (16-1, 4-1 SEC) are preparing to make their final stop on a challenging three-game road swing with a Thursday night visit to Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center to take on No. 5/5 Notre Dame (16-2, 5-1 ACC). Answering questions from the media, Warlick shared her thoughts on the matchup with Notre Dame and how well Evina Westbrook bounced back during the South Carolina game."

Lady Vol Hoops Report (1/17/18) - University of Tennessee Athletics

Reactions: 3 people
Great report, I like that she said all was ready to go. They all may not play but good to know all are healthy.

I used to dread watching games like this last year. not anymore. this team is fun to watch because they play hard and they don't give up. They also play together which is huge. Keep up the good work ladies and bring home the W. Go Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
I used to dread watching games like this last year. not anymore. this team is fun to watch because they play hard and they don't give up. They also play together which is huge. Keep up the good work ladies and bring home the W. Go Vols!

When the Lady Vols are winning. I'm not even that mad about the loss to A&M. I think that game was a wake-up call. Especially for Evina. Stop turning the ball over and good things will happen. :yes:

Yeah. Tennessee is a fun team to watch again! And for me MeMe Jackson is a big reason why. Minus the Texas A&M game Jackson has been playing great! Been very impressed with her passing ability and 3pt shooting. And she looks like she's always having fun on the court. MeMe has the best smile, too.

We have a solid starting five -

I am loving this team!
Evina
MeMe
Rennia
Jamie
& Mercedes!!!!!

Best 5 in the Nation wouldn't trade them for anyone else!

GOLadyVols!:good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
On what Pat Summitt would think of this Lady Vols team:

"She'd love this team. She'd love how hard they play, just the effort they give. They would drive her crazy with the turnovers, but other than that, she would really love this team."

I often think about this when I watch them play - what would Pat's response be. I also get angry some because it's not fair she isn't here to be over this team. To me, I think the most noticeable difference would be Pat's response to some of these turnovers. We've all seen CPS meet a player at half court when a timeout is called to let them know what they did wrong. I know we are all used to see Pat make every moment a teaching moment and that's not Holly - AND THATS OKAY. We've been blessed with Pat's talent and people can't expect another Pat because we all know she was one of a kind. But I agree with CHW - Pat would love this teams FIGHT!

Reactions: 3 people
On what Pat Summitt would think of this Lady Vols team:

"She'd love this team. She'd love how hard they play, just the effort they give. They would drive her crazy with the turnovers, but other than that, she would really love this team."

I often think about this when I watch them play - what would Pat's response be. I also get angry some because it's not fair she isn't here to be over this team. To me, I think the most noticeable difference would be Pat's response to some of these turnovers. We've all seen CPS meet a player at half court when a timeout is called to let them know what they did wrong. I know we are all used to see Pat make every moment a teaching moment and that's not Holly - AND THATS OKAY. We've been blessed with Pat's talent and people can't expect another Pat because we all know she was one of a kind. But I agree with CHW - Pat would love this teams FIGHT!

Nevertheless, Holly has to find a way to get a handle on the turnovers. It's the biggest thing keeping the team good instead of really good. I get that it's freshmen guards, but at this point you're either coaching it or allowing it to happen...

Reactions: 1 person
Nevertheless, Holly has to find a way to get a handle on the turnovers. It's the biggest thing keeping the team good instead of really good. I get that it's freshmen guards, but at this point you're either coaching it or allowing it to happen...

Great job Holly....

VN Store

Back