Green and Massengill named McDonald's All Americans

Tennessee recruit Jazmine Massengill, a 6-foot point guard at Hamilton Heights Christian (Chattanooga, Tennessee), will be representing the East;

Hamilton Heights Christian coach Keisha Hunt said disappointment turned to joy as the rosters were unveiled on ESPN.

"We were happy for Jazmine," Hunt said. "And we were looking and looking and looking ... and then everyone just erupted in cheers.

Zarielle Green, a 6-0 guard at Duncanville,
Tennessee. The Lady Vols are expecting three All Americans to arrive on campus: Amira Collins, Massengill and Green.
Amira Collins P 6-3 Paul VI (Fairfax, Va.) Tennessee

Reactions: 1 person
and with two McDonald AA graduating this year

- quiz how many will be on the roster in 2018-19?

Louisville, UNC, Duke, Ohio State, Miss State , UCLA , KY. Missouri, Georgia ? and SC 1

Last edited:
While its obviously an honor to get selected to the team, when it comes to the game itself, it is normally a disappointment. It is little more than selfish one-on-one basketball. Team players normally do not get into the action very much. Probably a function of how much preparation time the teams get.

This is fantastic news! So proud of these young women, and I can't wait for them to bring their talents to ol' Rocky Top!

add another player :)

"Amira "Mimi" Collins, a 6-3 forward from Waldorf, Md. (Paul VI Catholic H.S. [Fairfax, Va.]); Zarielle "Zay" Green, a 6-0 guard from Duncanville, Texas (Duncanville H.S.); and Jazmine Massengill, a 6-0 point guard from Chattanooga (Hamilton Heights Christian Academy); were extended invitations on Tuesday. Collins and Massengill will play for the East, while Green is a member of the West roster."

Three Lady Vol Signees Named McDonald's All-Americans - University of Tennessee Athletics

I listed the many universities in the top 25 who did not "load up."

I would expect that the two years in a row with top McDonald classes can only help the LVs for the coming year in recruiting.

VN Store

Back