Lady Vols Ranked #6 in AP after loss and win

clkou

2018 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 11 - ESPN

Looks like no change for us. Notre Dame slipped from #2 to #5. I actually thought they should drop below us because they lost by so much to Louisville. We did lose 1 game, but it was to a ranked team, it was close, it was on the road, and it took overtime. Plus, we followed it up by beating a better ranked team.

Ultimately it doesn't matter because we play them.

South Carolina slips to 10. Georgia unofficially ranked 26th.

Reactions: 1 person
2018 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 11 - ESPN

Looks like no change for us. Notre Dame slipped from #2 to #5. I actually thought they should drop below us because they lost by so much to Louisville. We did lose 1 game, but it was to a ranked team, it was close, it was on the road, and it took overtime. Plus, we followed it up by beating a better ranked team.

Ultimately it doesn't matter because we play them.

South Carolina slips to 10. Georgia unofficially ranked 26th.

If we win the next two, we'll be either 2nd or 3rd.

If we win at ND and Miss St and UCONN loses tonight, do we have a case for #1 or is their SOS going to keep them at #1?

If we win at ND and Miss St and UCONN loses tonight, do we have a case for #1 or is their SOS going to keep them at #1?

Not if Louisville keeps winning, but I think Tennessee would have votes. Louisville would be #1, but not unanimous...IMHO.

But one game at a time, right 😉?

Unfortunately I see very little chance that BOTH UCONN and Louisville lose. One of them must lose because they play each other but the only other tough team UCONN plays is South Carolina and they haven't looked good lately. Louisville may play Notre Dame in the conference tournament but they beat Notre Dame by 33 so I'm not optimistic about a loss.

Unfortunately I see very little chance that BOTH UCONN and Louisville lose. One of them must lose because they play each other but the only other tough team UCONN plays is South Carolina and they haven't looked good lately. Louisville may play Notre Dame in the conference tournament but they beat Notre Dame by 33 so I'm not optimistic about a loss.

Louisville will not shoot 70% against Notre Dame again.

If we win the next two, we'll be either 2nd or 3rd.

Was going to say this very thing - although UT'll definitely be #3. No way Louisville or Connecticut drops until they play each other on February 12th. Then - and only if UT has won out since - the Lady Vols will be #2.

Not sure when the Lady Vols were last ranked #3 or #2, which is a sobering thought, but it would be a momentous thing for them. They've shown the ability to be good over the past few years, this year in particular, but this next month is their first chance to be "great" and to be truly in the mix. I hope they can pull it off, I really do.

Reactions: 8 people
I really hope we win the next two games.

Side note, I'm really annoyed at Baylor's Schedule this year. Their toughest game so far was away at UCLA, a team stanford beat on UCLA's home floor. The only other challenge will be TX twice. They played stanford and KY at home.
Why would Mulkey schedule like this with the roster they have? Ridiculous.

I think Texas will beat them and they’ll drop! No way they get rewarded for that soft of a schedule. The committee didn’t reward Maryland last year, Baylor should be no exception.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Texas will beat them and they’ll drop! No way they get rewarded for that soft of a schedule. The committee didn’t reward Maryland last year, Baylor should be no exception.

I agree only way they land a #1 if the teams ahead of them bomb.

#1's (so far) imo will be;

1.) Uconn (if they lose to SC and Louisville that could change but we know they'll get every chance to)

2.) Louisville or ND (I think one of them from the ACC)

3.) Tennessee, Miss State or SC (someone from the SEC will be a #1 seed)

4.) Between Baylor and Texas (Big 12), Ohio State (Big 10) or Oregon (Pac 12)

Just my thoughts, I know it's early

I agree only way they land a #1 if the teams ahead of them bomb.

#1's (so far) imo will be;

1.) Uconn (if they lose to SC and Louisville that could change but we know they'll get every chance to)

2.) Louisville or ND (I think one of them from the ACC)

3.) Tennessee, Miss State or SC (someone from the SEC will be a #1 seed)

4.) Between Baylor and Texas (Big 12), Ohio State (Big 10) or Oregon (Pac 12)

Just my thoughts, I know it's early

Certainly a case for the SEC and the ACC to receive 2 #1 seeds. Its so important we get the W thursday. If we win, i think we move up to the 1 seed line. I think Baylor and Texas get 2 seeds. UCONN Louisville MSU and Tenn. We need to beat MSU to jump them too.

I really hope we win the next two games.

Side note, I'm really annoyed at Baylor's Schedule this year. Their toughest game so far was away at UCLA, a team stanford beat on UCLA's home floor. The only other challenge will be TX twice. They played stanford and KY at home.
Why would Mulkey schedule like this with the roster they have? Ridiculous.

That’s their bad. They won’t be battle tested come March!

Baylor only comes to the playground to play when they have a chance of winning. This is from Sagarin's RPI ratings to date. I included what their record is against top 25 teams. So far, Baylor has played only 2 ranked opponents outside of their non-conference. Their conference schedule will give them Texas and West Virginia as other top 25 opponents. Oklahoma State (haven't played, but currently ranked 24) just lost their starting guard to ACL so I see them falling out before Baylor plays them. This is Kim's song and dance.

1 Connecticut = 8 - 0
2 Baylor = 1 - 1
3 Miss S = 4 - 0
4 Oregon = 2 - 2
5 Louisville = 4 - 0
6 UCLA = 2 - 4
7 Notre Dame = 6 - 2
8 Texas = 3 - 2
9 Florida St. = 1 - 1
10 Tennessee = 5 - 0

Baylor will be scheduling top schools the next couple years (starting with next) guaranteed because she will have a roster to actually have a chance of beating the likes of Tennessee, ND, Louisville, UCONN

Last edited:
When Griner and Sims graduated she wouldn't play Tennessee the next year. That told me all I needed to know about Baylor's program.

Certainly a case for the SEC and the ACC to receive 2 #1 seeds. Its so important we get the W thursday. If we win, i think we move up to the 1 seed line. I think Baylor and Texas get 2 seeds. UCONN Louisville MSU and Tenn. We need to beat MSU to jump them too.

Oregon appears to be a tough team, having beaten Texas A & M and lost away games to Miss. State and Louisville by small margins.

VN Store

Back