as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
JAN 18 (THU) 7:00 P.M. ET

game is at NOTRE DAME, IND.

TV: ESPN

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

Notre Dame is ranked 2nd in the AP Top 25 poll and 2nd in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

on the road again,watch the wild passes and turnovers,play tough defense and keep the effort high

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people
:hi::hi::hi:All the rankings change tomorrow and Tuesday as Notre Dame lost badly and the LV lost to TA&M. CHW is a terrible coach.

JAN 18 (THU) 7:00 P.M. ET

game is at NOTRE DAME, IND.

TV: ESPN

you can stream it here

WatchESPN: Live Sports, Game Replays, Video Highlights

you can listen here

UTSports.tv | Powered by SIDEARM Showcase

the Lady Vols are ranked 6th in the AP Top 25 poll and 6th in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

Notre Dame is ranked 2nd in the AP Top 25 poll and 2nd in the USA Today Coaches Poll as of this post

on the road again,watch the wild passes and turnovers,play tough defense and keep the effort high

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 1 person
Notre Dame is a JV team!

Should be a tough game even thought Notre Dame has lost some players. I would like to see Green guard Shepard some in this game.

Will be key to defend the guards and have help side defense on dribble drives.

One would think Tennessee SHOULD beat the injury-decimated Notre Dame fairly easily, but I'm sure Muffet will have her replacement players fired up and coached up to give Holly's team a fight.

Looking forward to it!

this game will be a big challenge for us to defend their guard play. We have a huge advantage, though, with our conditioning and pressing ability, as Notre Dame has a very short bench. We need to push the ball every time on offense.
We have enough offense to beat this team. I think it will come down to defense. I would really like for us to win this game to continue our upward trend in national prominence.

Just one tough game after another wonder when we get tired traveling so much distance and playing on the road. I am hoping for a win but this is another 50/50 game and we'll need a huge effort to take home the victory.
Somebody got to learn to take a charge on those drives to the basket and we really need work on stopping the ball with help defense when the first defender is beat.

Reactions: 4 people
Louisville sure raked them over the coals...hope they don't think they're gonna take it out on us...they got another thing coming...:thumbsup:

GO LADY VOLS!

The new AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Connecticut (32) 15-0 800
2 Louisville 19-0 766
3 Mississippi State 19-0 729
4 Baylor 15-1 698
5 Notre Dame 16-2 665
6 Tennessee 16-1 630
7 Oregon 17-2 615
8 Ohio State 16-2 563
9 Texas 14-2 540
10 South Carolina 14-3 510

After Tennessee beats Notre Dame that will make a win over 3 top 10 teams.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee has a better than average chance of beating ND, due in part to ND’s very short bench. However, remember A&M only played 7 players. There are some concerns, lately the middle has been an open freeway. That will potentially open the way for a big game for Ogunbowale. Shepard is not as athletic as Russell but she is aggressive and runs from end to end. Russell may need help on defense in the middle. Westbeld can also be a significant factor from mid range and the 3.

I see Russell holding her own on offense. Hopefully Holly and her staff worked on the enept passing. Hopefully they have learned that you can’t pass a ball between three defensive players 5 inches a part. Also if you pass to Russell throw the ball higher than the person guarding her.

We win by 5 in a close one.

Last edited:
Massey Ratings
Tennessee Notre Dame
Most Likely 77 80
Median 77 80
Mean 77.32 79.85
Win Probability 41% 59%

We have to attack attack and attack. ND is going to be READY to play, we need to get them in foul trouble. ND is going to want to slow the game way down and will play is zone. We need to be ready to score and rebound and defend.

I’m worried about our defense against Shepard and Ogunbowale... if we can contain the both of them, we win.

I’m the same with Ogunbowale. Shepard not so much unless she’s hitting from outside! Jackie Young is also a tough guard! It’ll be a fun game to watch.

The new AP Top 25

RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Connecticut (32) 15-0 800
2 Louisville 19-0 766
3 Mississippi State 19-0 729
4 Baylor 15-1 698
5 Notre Dame 16-2 665
6 Tennessee 16-1 630
7 Oregon 17-2 615
8 Ohio State 16-2 563
9 Texas 14-2 540
10 South Carolina 14-3 510

After Tennessee beats Notre Dame that will make a win over 3 top 10 teams.

Then we're going to whip Miss St's a**

Reactions: 2 people
They are 1-1 through the toughest part of their schedule. I agree with the poster who said that after facing ND and Ms. St, there will be several more games that will test the team. I have not seen Louisville, UConn or Baylor play but from what I can glean from the internet, all a beatable by our LV team. I was encouraged to see them take on USCe the way they did. I'm not so sure not having Wilson was that big of a deal. If Wilson plays, how many points does Harris get? I doubt it would have been 28. I believe Jennings will have a tougher time getting her points next time as well. Regardless, this is why they play the game. We will see just how much of an impact not having Wilson was later on.

ND will present a different type of challenge....a challenge closer to what Texas provided from a guard perspective. I think this is another chance for our three guards to shine in either scoring or in assists. The thing about great teams with a winning tradition, they find ways to win and ND will give us a supreme test for part of the game. The LV's must focus and be sharp for the whole game and not have those lapses that allow teams to creep back into the game. The team can't afford lapses against ND on their home court. If we play well, we could have the same effect on ND that Louisville had.

There is too much basketball left to worry about being 1, 2 or 3 in the country. We still have to play everyone that is good at least two more times (most likely). That's a tall order but barring injury, this team seems to be capable of meeting that challenge. I just hope the officials are just as capable.

Reactions: 4 people
If Texas shoots the ball as well as UConn they win easily. They got up 14 more shots than UConn but only made 43 percent to UConns 49. The Huskers can be had again this season a lot of teams that could knock them off and were one of those teams.

If Texas shoots the ball as well as UConn they win easily. They got up 14 more shots than UConn but only made 43 percent to UConns 49. The Huskers can be had again this season a lot of teams that could knock them off and were one of those teams.

UConn does not have enough length like Tennessee. Nobody does!

Five Lady Vols are averaging double figures: Nared (17.6), Russell (17.2), Davis (11.1), Hayes (10.4), and Westbrook (10.1).

Anyone know the last time we finished a season with that feat?

We'll win if we bring our A game to Notre Dame and play a smart floor game. Comparison game they beat Marquette in overtime and so did we. Their home court advantage is all they have on us we play smart we'll win this game.
Hope we win but not gonna worry about a loss here if it happens. I am really up for the Miss St game I think they may be the best team in the nation we need to beat them.

We'll win if we bring our A game to Notre Dame and play a smart floor game. Comparison game they beat Marquette in overtime and so did we. Their home court advantage is all they have on us we play smart we'll win this game.
Hope we win but not gonna worry about a loss here if it happens. I am really up for the Miss St game I think they may be the best team in the nation we need to beat them.
I may been the only one that thinks we beat MsSt like we did last year! I just don’t see them being a problem. I was thinking before this 4 game stretch started that the only team that was going to give us a problem was Texas A&M.

I may been the only one that thinks we beat MsSt like we did last year! I just don’t see them being a problem. I was thinking before this 4 game stretch started that the only team that was going to give us a problem was Texas A&M.

We should win if we impose our will with our guards and forward.

VN Store

Back