I'm back to congratulate, I was wrong

OrngeJuiceJones

The loss was clearly used this week properly in practice, and as a motivating factor for the young players. This IS is a sign of good coaching. I was harsh on coaching in the loss, but I'm here to give 100% credit in this win. I also predicted we lose the following 3 after Texas A&M. I'll take my Crow and enjoy it. If they play at all like they played today, this team can go deep into March. GO VOLS

Reactions: 23 people
the loss was clearly used this week properly in practice, and as a motivating factor for the young players. This is is a sign of good coaching. I was harsh on coaching in the loss, but i'm here to give 100% credit in this win. I also predicted we lose the following 3 after texas a&m. I'll take my crow and enjoy it. If they play at all like they played today, this team can go deep into march. Go vols

😀

Reactions: 2 people
Holly switched to 2-2-1 zone caca -lacky had problems with it. The ladies played some good team ball today. :good!
Great win in a hostile environment.

Last edited:
our lady volunteer basketball coach is following a legend.... her teams have won 75 per cent of their sec games.... watch what happens when Geno leaves

Reactions: 4 people
We won but we need to work on our passes and Russell needs help down low, especially against real active posts. Jennings worked her a few times. We might want to give Russell some help down low. Good coaching should correct both situations. I think that Dean recommended that Holly call the last timeout. That was a good timeout because we were headed South. To me that created a turnaround for the Lady Vols because the team had lost focus and were about to lose their lead. Go Lady Vols!!!

We won but we need to work on our passes and Russell needs help down low, especially against real active posts. Jennings worked her a few times. We might want to give Russell some help down low. Good coaching should correct both situations. I think that Dean recommended that Holly call the last timeout. That was a good timeout because we were headed South. To me that created a turnaround for the Lady Vols because the team had lost focus and were about to lose their lead. Go Lady Vols!!!
Dean was standing and interjecting nearly the whole game. You may be right.

Reactions: 1 person
Sometimes Holly holds on to her timeouts even when the team loses their focus.

The team has emphasis in areas where it needs to go. And the staff has a areas where it has to continue to grow. And they are showing at growth. They showed some tonight.

I was busy & could only watch on & off.............but I was watching for a period when we made 5 bad passes in a row(4 were turnovers)........somehow we recovered!..but it was UGLY at times.

Reactions: 2 people
I was busy & could only watch on & off.............but I was watching for a period when we made 5 bad passes in a row(4 were turnovers)........somehow we recovered!..but it was UGLY at times.

But, they won big time. That's all anyone needs to know.

I try to be wrong at least once a day...helps keep me humble...and,

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The loss was clearly used this week properly in practice, and as a motivating factor for the young players. This IS is a sign of good coaching. I was harsh on coaching in the loss, but I'm here to give 100% credit in this win. I also predicted we lose the following 3 after Texas A&M. I'll take my Crow and enjoy it. If they play at all like they played today, this team can go deep into March. GO VOLS

Actually they did not have much time to practice after the loss to A&M because they could not land in Knoxville on their return flight ,were diverted into Nashville about 3AM ,spent 4 hours resting,then bussed to Knoxville ,had practice that day and another practice Saturday .All this trouble on their return to Knoxville,lack of rest,lack of practice in prep for SC makes this win even more impressive.

Reactions: 6 people
Actually they did not have much time to practice after the loss to A&M because they could not land in Knoxville on their return flight ,were diverted into Nashville about 3AM ,spent 4 hours resting,then bussed to Knoxville ,had practice that day and another practice Saturday .All this trouble on their return to Knoxville,lack of rest,lack of practice in prep for SC makes this win even more impressive.

Seconded! While SC played without Wilson sounds like we could have had a lack luster effort with energy being low. I can see now why some of their plays were low energy at times after reading the article. But they overcame fatigue and that’s a huge boost.

Correct.... all of it. Add to this, the game environment in SC was pretty hostile. Fans were very loud and vocal...yelling at our players. Mighty proud of this LV win!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
That is the point of an assistant and everybody knows dean is her right hand

And don't forget that the Lady Vol with the most attitude ALL TIME is sitting on the bench, too. Bridgette was a brilliant choice to bring championship attitude back into the program.

I love the win, the record, etc. But.........I think we should keep in mind the truth about some of our key wins. Defeating Texas was impressive, maybe the best win of the season. We talked about Stanford and Kentucky telling where the team really was. Not so much. Down years for both those programs. South Carolina without A'ja is not the real South Carolina.

I think we'll really know who this team is after playing a wounded Notre Dame, Mississippi State, and three very dangerous (and suprisingly good) SEC opponents: Missouri, LSU, and (heavens they look like they're back) Georgia!

VN Store

Back